Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lex Cath 17 Highlands 0

Featured Replies

You and I watched two different games. He pretty much did the same thing in the first half he did in the second half. Other than a few quick hits to Ball that worked, it was the same old Kramer left, Kramer right or Kramer up the middle and throw a bomb down field. Where was a quick slant when there was constant blitzing? Where was a quick pop pass to a TE when there was constant blitzing? Why throw for the homerun ball every time? Why not drop into a shotgun to give Chase a chance to do something? Why not throw short 5 to 10 yard passes? Those are just SOME of the REAL cold hard facts.

Saying Charlie Weiss, Tony Franklin, Norm Chow or Bill Belicheck wouldn’t have made any difference is nothing short of ludicrous and is simply laughable. :lol:

Why would you even go there? :rolleyes:

 

By the way, did I or did I not say one reason for the loss was LexCath's stellar performance. I'm pretty sure I did.

 

 

You then explain to me how a different play caller was going to overcome the difference last night?????

 

The short stuff was covered; LC's athleticism and quickness eliminated that part of the Birds' offense.

 

The slants-eliminated by the CB's alignment- in their face and 1/2 yd inside; a good jam disrupts timing of the 3 step drop patterns; most teams don't do this in high school because it is too easy to get beat deep. LC has shown me in 2 games that they are good enough to cover; they basically dare a team to try and go deep after taking away all the short stuff.

 

Shotgun is overrated; it takes a consistently good snap; the QB has to take his eyes off the defense and at the same time find the laces. I don't remember-has Highlands done shotgun this season?

 

You are ignoring the facts that LC took the short routes away and dared the Birds to go deep. Unfortunately, they were talented enough to succeed at that.

  • Replies 150
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shotgun is overrated; it takes a consistently good snap; the QB has to take his eyes off the defense and at the same time find the laces. I don't remember-has Highlands done shotgun this season?

 

The QB has to take his eye off the defense to catch the snap but he doesn't have to keep his eyes on the ball to find the laces. He should be able to do that blindfolded.

Guidugli had Revere on him like glue; early in the game the ball was thrown to him and Revere jumped the route; that probably was a big reason why Cecil was hesitant to throw it to him.

The game tape says otherwise. Chase had zero time to throw and when he did, he just couldn't pull the trigger. In his defense, he was probably waiting to get hit and bracing himself. Also, the couple of times Chase had time to throw many...many times HHS had two receivers within 5 yards of each other. Not very tought to guard. I'm sure it was confusion from trying to make a lot of changes in the offense earlier in the week. Not sure what if anything the o-line could do since they had 5 and they were sending 6 and sometimes 7. I swore I saw Sphire make a tackle.

 

With that being said, the team that deserved to win, won. They played hard all night. HHS couldn't put it together but that sometimes happens. Great job by the defense. Opening drive of the second half, I knew it was over. Take the ball to the 10 on the kickoff and can't move forward. Than get the field goal blocked and ran back to around the other 35. Not a good start to the half.

 

Congrats LexCath and Coach Sphire. Hopefully you can get the "monkey's" off your back and win state. Good luck.

 

For the Birds Seniors, congrats on a great career. Most high school kids would love to have two appearances in a state final and win one of them. Nothing to be ashamed about here. Good luck with your future endeavors, may they be strictly in college or...maybe baseball. :D

 

To the underclassmen, all I can say is remember the feeling.

You then explain to me how a different play caller was going to overcome the difference last night?????

 

The short stuff was covered; LC's athleticism and quickness eliminated that part of the Birds' offense.

 

The slants-eliminated by the CB's alignment- in their face and 1/2 yd inside; a good jam disrupts timing of the 3 step drop patterns; most teams don't do this in high school because it is too easy to get beat deep. LC has shown me in 2 games that they are good enough to cover; they basically dare a team to try and go deep after taking away all the short stuff.

 

Shotgun is overrated; it takes a consistently good snap; the QB has to take his eyes off the defense and at the same time find the laces. I don't remember-has Highlands done shotgun this season?

 

You are ignoring the facts that LC took the short routes away and dared the Birds to go deep. Unfortunately, they were talented enough to succeed at that.

How would different play calling make a difference? Power running game for one. Did you see that at all? I didn't. A full house backfield wasn't even an afterthought.

You say the short game was taken away from them, quick outs, slants and 5 to 10 yard passes. How can something be taken away from you when it isn't even a part of your offense to begin with? That's the fact you seem to be ignoring. How many games have you watched the Birds play this year? I've watched them all. Sorry Wildcat, but I saw no adjustments made at halftime to a great game plan by the LexCath coaching staff. That falls on Dale and his staff, like it or not.

To the underclassmen, all I can say is remember the feeling.

 

 

EXACTLY, no more needs to be said. :thumb:

How would different play calling make a difference? Power running game for one. Did you see that at all? I didn't. A full house backfield wasn't even an afterthought.

You say the short game was taken away from them, quick outs, slants and 5 to 10 yard passes. How can something be taken away from you when it isn't even a part of your offense to begin with? That's the fact you seem to be ignoring. How many games have you watched the Birds play this year? I've watched them all. Sorry Wildcat, but I saw no adjustments made at halftime to a great game plan by the LexCath coaching staff. That falls on Dale and his staff, like it or not.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

How would different play calling make a difference? Power running game for one. Did you see that at all? I didn't. A full house backfield wasn't even an afterthought.

You say the short game was taken away from them, quick outs, slants and 5 to 10 yard passes. How can something be taken away from you when it isn't even a part of your offense to begin with? That's the fact you seem to be ignoring. How many games have you watched the Birds play this year? I've watched them all. Sorry Wildcat, but I saw no adjustments made at halftime to a great game plan by the LexCath coaching staff. That falls on Dale and his staff, like it or not.

 

When in doubt blame the coaches. :rolleyes:

When in doubt blame the coaches. :rolleyes:

Who else should you blame in this case???????????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I did notice that the thread...."How about a little fun, Let the Whining Begin" got quiet real quick.

When you can't even block a blitz, how do you expect Highlands line to line up and run it straight at them? It doesn't fall on the coaching staff. Players win the games, not the coaches. Players need to step up in these situations and make things work. Plain and simple. You could have the greatest game plan in the world and still you don't win. PLAYERS win the game.

The fact of the matter is HHS is usually the quickest team on the field. Friday night they matched up with a team that was just as quick, maybe quicker. The D played balls out, the O was overmatched, plain and simple. However; if HHS scores to open the 3rd the outcome may have been different. Hats off to both teams.

The QB has to take his eye off the defense to catch the snap but he doesn't have to keep his eyes on the ball to find the laces. He should be able to do that blindfolded.

 

I agree. Did Highlands use shotgun this season?

The D played balls out

 

Are we allowed to say that?? :laugh:

The game tape says otherwise. Chase had zero time to throw and when he did, he just couldn't pull the trigger. In his defense, he was probably waiting to get hit and bracing himself. Also, the couple of times Chase had time to throw many...many times HHS had two receivers within 5 yards of each other. Not very tought to guard. I'm sure it was confusion from trying to make a lot of changes in the offense earlier in the week. Not sure what if anything the o-line could do since they had 5 and they were sending 6 and sometimes 7. I swore I saw Sphire make a tackle.

 

With that being said, the team that deserved to win, won. They played hard all night. HHS couldn't put it together but that sometimes happens. Great job by the defense. Opening drive of the second half, I knew it was over. Take the ball to the 10 on the kickoff and can't move forward. Than get the field goal blocked and ran back to around the other 35. Not a good start to the half.

 

Congrats LexCath and Coach Sphire. Hopefully you can get the "monkey's" off your back and win state. Good luck.

 

For the Birds Seniors, congrats on a great career. Most high school kids would love to have two appearances in a state final and win one of them. Nothing to be ashamed about here. Good luck with your future endeavors, may they be strictly in college or...maybe baseball. :D

 

To the underclassmen, all I can say is remember the feeling.

 

I totally agree Cecil had no time to throw; I wasn't trying put blame on him at all.

 

Having little time to throw and DBs playing in your face coverage is a good recipe for defense. Sounds simple but most teams don't have those kinds of athletes to do it.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.