Lex Cath 17 Highlands 0

Birdsfan

Hats off to the Knights. Total domination all night long.

Is it just me or is there no play in the book for a 3 and 7 or 8? Why are we always calling a stinkin 30 or 40 pass in those situations. How many first downs did we have tonight 2? We were man handled everywhere and play calling helped us 0!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Mueller not have an answer for 8 men in the box? A screen, a slant or even the maligned jet sweep would keep the linebackers honest if you ran it occasionally. To keep dropping back to pass is the definition of insanity against a constant blitz.

Lex Cath knows too well that the Birds have no screen pass or slant in the arsenal and they took full advantage tonight. I cannot imagine why you don't find a way to get the ball to Guidugli on a slant and let him take on 1 or 2 DBs in the open field.

Lex Cath earned the win but were aided by very poor play calling from the Highlands bench. Good luck next week Knights! Let the Birds say they were beaten by the eventual state Champs!

If you hold LexCath to 17 points you should win the game!!!!!!!!!Terrible play calling all night long......Does HHS not have a quick slant in their offensive scheme???????JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :madman: :madman:

Great season Birds....your coach has proven he is good, no sour grapes now.

If you cannot stop 8 in the box routinely...why is Cecil under center on every play. Give that kid a chance, back him up and use the shotgun for a play or so to call that quick pass. I know I know, here we are second guessing the play calling after a loss, but DaBirdMan has it exactly right on the definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result!

Great season Birds....your coach has proven he is good, no sour grapes now.

Were you at the game?????????Probably not......If you were their you'd be shaking your head also.........Muller made absolutely no adjustments at the half....He totally got out coached tonight.No excuse for that to happen...Congrats Knights..........Good Luck............

DaBirdMan has it exactly right on the definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result!

This is how you beat Male's Defense, if you run the ball, you keep going at it, time and again, next thing you know "TO THE HOUSE"

Highlands had the best defense I've seen this year. Holding Justin and company to 17 points is incredible. I followed the matchup between Gu... and Revere all night and the result was what I expected. Revere has just about shutout some excellent receivers this year. I'd give him the gameball except the defense wouldn't give it up. I also want to say that I really like the Highlands stadium atmosphere probably the best I've experienced.

How does LC have games where they give up 37, 42, 28, 37, and 39 and pitch a shutout? Was HHS not able to run the ball?

BTW, I like that #4 for LC.

HHS couldnt do squat! They man handled us all night long. Only positive yardage was on the return game.

Needless to say this was an atypical LexCath game. We played more close to the chest than usual which created fewer opportunities for our offense as well as Highlands offense.

LexCath seemed to have field position all night long but we threw very few long balls. Part of this was because Burke injured his back leg on the first play from scrimmage and this seemed to hurt his throwing more than running. He showed a lot of grit I thought. The offense did an excellent job of controlling the football by running and using a short passing game. The Highlands scouts must have thrown their report away early.

Hats off to the classy HHC fans and atheletes. Many came over and congradulated the team on the win. I know honestly there was no one there that thought the score would be that low or that we would shut them out. Their seniors have nothing to hang their heads about. What a great football program from a fan's point of view.