Lex Cath 17 Highlands 0

Birdsfan

Were you at the game?????????Probably not......If you were their you'd be shaking your head also.........Muller made absolutely no adjustments at the half....He totally got out coached tonight.No excuse for that to happen...Congrats Knights..........Good Luck............

I was at the game and LC totally swarmed everything Highlands tried. They could not block their athletes; that is why they lost; it had nothing to do with coaching.

There are years where other teams have better players; a lot of times Mueller outcoaches the opponent even with greater talent; this game the differential was too great.

I was surprised early at some of the run calls on 3rd and 8+, but when Cecil got sacked as much as he did, then it made a whole lot more sense.

The Highlands faithful have become spoiled; Bill Belicheck would not have made one iota of a difference in last night's outcome if he had coached the Birds.

Let's deal with reality and give credit to the LC athletes; last night they were much, much better. Highlands players are still very, very good and had a great season.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it was more of an offensive play-calling issue as stated above.

You are telling me that LC is not better than Highlands???????

I don't know what you saw, but LC has more team speed across the board.

Until you have stood on the sideline and called plays when the other team is taking away EVERYTHING, sacking your QB, swarming every mis-direction and quick hitter a team has, it is just TOO easy to blame it on the coach.

The turnovers were a big reason for the doughnut posted by the Birds and Mueller had nothing to do with that.

Until you have stood on the sideline and called plays when the other team is taking away EVERYTHING, sacking your QB, swarming every mis-direction and quick hitter a team has, it is just TOO easy to blame it on the coach.

The turnovers were a big reason for the doughnut posted by the Birds and Mueller had nothing to do with that.

Then let's not post several times telling the HHS fans to give LC some credit! :rolleyes:

OK well is it just me or did you not see the first line of my post...TOTAL DOMINATION ALL NIGHT? LC was good, I am not taking anything away from how they played...GREAT! What I am saying however is that we have never called the short pass its always a stinking bomb that results in great things against lesser opponents and turnover on downs or punts against good opponents!

Mueller tried everything and nothing worked; play action, mis-direction, straight drop back, quick hitters; LC stopped plan A, B, C & D; that is the cold hard fact; give credit where credit is due. You didn't see plan B becasue there were 2 or 3 LC defenders in the way!
You and I watched two different games. He pretty much did the same thing in the first half he did in the second half. Other than a few quick hits to Ball that worked, it was the same old Kramer left, Kramer right or Kramer up the middle and throw a bomb down field. Where was a quick slant when there was constant blitzing? Where was a quick pop pass to a TE when there was constant blitzing? Why throw for the homerun ball every time? Why not drop into a shotgun to give Chase a chance to do something? Why not throw short 5 to 10 yard passes? Those are just SOME of the REAL cold hard facts.

Saying Charlie Weiss, Tony Franklin, Norm Chow or Bill Belicheck wouldn’t have made any difference is nothing short of ludicrous and is simply laughable. :lol:

Why would you even go there? :rolleyes:

By the way, did I or did I not say one reason for the loss was LexCath's stellar performance. I'm pretty sure I did.

Why throw for the homerun ball every time? Why not drop into a shotgun to give Chase a chance to do something? Why not throw short 5 to 10 yard passes?

This is what I have been asking all year, well for the last 10 years. I consider Dale and Co. to be a great coaching staff, however I just cant seem to figure this play calling out at times.

Oh yeah and one more thing, I guess he didnt learn his lesson last year in the state game about making other teams kick off again rather than taking the stinkin penalty with field position.

What more can you say about Justin Burke, the kid is an absolute warrior. Lex Cath's D was amazing. They just brought more people that Highlands could block. Lex Cath outplayed Highlands in every asepct of the game, except for kickoff returns, Jordan Kramer busted couple long ones, but LC's D rose to the challenge. I think that was Winston Guy's 3rd blcoked field goal of the year, the kid can fly. Good luck to the Knights as they continue to try and win their first state title

I find it ridiculous that ANYONE could question Highlands coaching staff! I was not at Fri.game, but the times I have watched them they have been as close to flawless as any team I have ever seen!It is not impossible that Sphire's staff out coached them, but highly unlikely.Count up the state championships both programs have!For one of the few times in recent years maybe they just ran in to a better team! Is that so hard for the birds fans to accept?No need to place blame or make excuses for the loss.If any of the Highlands coaches see these posts they probably wish they knew who these naysayers are! Probably the same ones patting them on the back when they win it all!

My sons play at Franklin County.and as bad as Highlands beat us, I thought Lex Cath could take them!(LexCath was our only other loss.)

Congrats to all the LC folks. Your team was tonight the better team and deserved to win. Keep up the good work and stay focused and reep the reward in two weeks. Your defense tonight was awesome and the game plan was flawless. To the LC fans, you were great and support was at a championship level. Be proud of your team.

Birds, do not hang your heads. Tonight you ran into a buzzsaw. They were the better team. The only thing that was not tried that I thought would work, was the old fashioned power running attack. We had some succcess with fullback up the middle and the counter. I would like to have seen more power, 3 backs with Hurtt and maybe Koester running more. Or the two leading the charge with Kremer or Schrode. Passing was not the way to go tonight.

To those who thought other coaches could not have done any better, we'll never know. LC was simply hard to beat tonight and my hat goes off to them. I do believe the power attack could have worked and it definitely would have had some control on the clock and keeping LC's offense off the field. All in all, too many turnovers and misstakes. The straw that broke the back was the blocked FG early in the second half and our offense did not respond after that.

Congrats and good luck to the Knights and to our Birds for a fine season.

Oh yeah and one more thing, I guess he didnt learn his lesson last year in the state game about making other teams kick off again rather than taking the stinkin penalty with field position.

Don't forget that the only real offensive threat for HHS last night was after #4 ran back the opening kickoff of the 2d Half deep in LC territory. Dale's theory is X # of times you do end up with worse field position, but Y # of times you have the chance for an explosive, game changing return.

PS I said they should take the field position as well at the time, but I understand Dale's philosophy.

Then let's not post several times telling the HHS fans to give LC some credit! :rolleyes:

When some refuse to do it, or do it backhanded by saying LC was great, BUT our coaching staff ......blah, blah, blah; it needs to be said over and over.

Hindsight is 20-20.

Highlands had a great season, has the BEST tradition in the state, works harder than any program in the state, and has the best coaching staff in the state.

What I mean by that is they get the ABSOLUTE MOST out of the talent and ahtletes they have every year; a fan or parent can't ask for more than that.

OK well is it just me or did you not see the first line of my post...TOTAL DOMINATION ALL NIGHT? LC was good, I am not taking anything away from how they played...GREAT! What I am saying however is that we have never called the short pass its always a stinking bomb that results in great things against lesser opponents and turnover on downs or punts against good opponents!

I understand where you are coming from.

On most routes, Highlands has a short route, a medium depth route and a deep route; most of the underneath routes were covered tightly all night; when Revere jumped the route early on Ben, that made Cecil leary.