Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AP All State

Featured Replies

Being named to the BGP team is no more important than being named to the CJ All state team, AP Allstate team, or the Class of the Commonwealth.

 

Well, I guess you are right, but I think it would be a bigger accomplishment considering how those players are picked: by people all over the state that actually watch football every week. That is the same people that also put the most accurate Kentucky High School Football Rankings every week. And that has been proved. The people who do the BGP rankings are more accurate then any other source, fact. So, in my humble opinion, those people know their football. Plus, only 36 players make the All BGP Team, no second team, third team, and HM. But, if you see it as no bigger accomplishment, then so be it.

  • Replies 86
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So coaches all over the state that pick the coaches team don't watch football?

Supprised West, Whitman, Letton, and Miller not even mentioned??

If you think it's a joke , thats your opinion and you are entitled to it . I don't know if you have kids or not , but if you do , maybe someday they will win an award , and somebody can say that is a joke also !! :rolleyes: It's amazing that everytime there are awards given out , somebody like you has to rain on their parade . It's part of life , get used to it .These high school kids and their families read BGP , and I'm sure they don't appreciate your post ! :madman:

 

Congrats to all the players selected , a great honor and well deserved !!! :clap:

No need to cry. I'm not hating on the ones who did receive the award, I'm just saying IMO there are several NKY kids who could have been listed also. It's a joke because its more of a popularity possibly by team selection performance before individual. And for your information, I am proud of my kids for their personal efforts and not what some biased selection group thinks. So yes, congrats to those who made the list, but shame for those making the selections. Can you sleep better now?

The more people who vote in a selection process, the more accurate. 160+ coaches as opposed to 13 media members. Which one is likely to be more accurate?

 

What makes the All-BGP Team unique is that it is not done through a vote. It is done through discussion of several football people throughout the state. If you think Player X deserves a spot on the team, you had better be able to articulate why and who they should replace. And why.

 

It is a much thorough process and a totally different selection process.

 

In looking at the AP vote, it's obvious the AP outlets in Paducah, Bowling Green, Louisville, and Pikeville voted.

The more people who vote in a selection process, the more accurate. 160+ coaches as opposed to 13 media members. Which one is likely to be more accurate?

 

What makes the All-BGP Team unique is that it is not done through a vote. It is done through discussion of several football people throughout the state. If you think Player X deserves a spot on the team, you had better be able to articulate why and who they should replace. And why.

 

It is a much thorough process and a totally different selection process.

 

In looking at the AP vote, it's obvious the AP outlets in Paducah, Bowling Green, Louisville, and Pikeville voted.

 

Agreed, which is why Highlands was the only NKY team to get significant recognition because they are the Birds and they were at state. Not trying to take away from the Bluebirds that made the list, I think they were all very deserving, but it does make sense as to why there weren't more NKY players on these lists or higher on the lists.

Well, I guess you are right, but I think it would be a bigger accomplishment considering how those players are picked: by people all over the state that actually watch football every week. That is the same people that also put the most accurate Kentucky High School Football Rankings every week. And that has been proved. The people who do the BGP rankings are more accurate then any other source, fact. So, in my humble opinion, those people know their football. Plus, only 36 players make the All BGP Team, no second team, third team, and HM. But, if you see it as no bigger accomplishment, then so be it.

 

So be it.....

The reality of most of these lists is that when we view them after the selections have been made, we view them subjectively, and base our opinions on the selections on what we personally know, which is usually limited to the teams in our areas. How many of us actually attend games that are 1) out of our area, or 2) don't involve the competition of the team we follow? We always think that "our" guy is better than the guy that made the list. I mean, I can name 4 guys right off the top of my head that I think should be on the list. But, I can't make an argument as to why those guys should replace the one's who made it.

 

I don't think statistics alone are the end-all of the discussion. Many kids have great stats, but aren't in districts/regions that have great competition. So, gaudy stats don't do it for me.

 

I like the BGP team for the reasons stated above. Even if someone who is in the decision making process hasn't seen a particular player, they have to listen to all the reasons an analyze the entire picture before making their decision. Others are just "send in your name", and there really doesn't have to be any knowledge of any other player in the state.

 

In any event, no selection process is 100% perfect. And there are thousands of kids playing football. Someone is always going to feel someone got slighted...and it's kind of why I hate these lists to begin with.

No need to cry. I'm not hating on the ones who did receive the award, I'm just saying IMO there are several NKY kids who could have been listed also. It's a joke because its more of a popularity possibly by team selection performance before individual. And for your information, I am proud of my kids for their personal efforts and not what some biased selection group thinks. So yes, congrats to those who made the list, but shame for those making the selections. Can you sleep better now?

 

I thought you were crying . Where in my post did I say you were hating someone ? I'm sorry that the players you thought would be selected weren't , but , thats how it goes . There are lots of players that could have been selected , but they only have room for so many . I would also think the better players are more popular , they get more exposier than the rest . The all state team is not a joke , it is what it is , just accept it.

 

I don't lose sleep over posts on BGP , I just can't figure out why people can't accept what has happened and not cry over spilled milk .

Zeke Pike is a great example . He is being recruited by tons of major colleges , so he is very popular , and he didn't even get mentioed , So , I don't think it is a popularity contest , do you ?

Congrats to all...especially Ryan Hahn of Highlands! 4th year in a row a FTJFL Blue team lineman makes All State! Long live the streak!!!

 

Had not thought about that. SWEET!

The simple facts of the AP All State are: Not many of the AP members watch much football outside of their local team, nor do they keep up with state wide players. Some of the AP affiliates don't even vote. And many of them only vote for their local players. The AP version is always the worst in my opinion.

 

But, the good news is: the All Bluegrasspreps Team will be out soon.

 

When is that going to be?

Congratulations to all of the young men on this list. I am certain that all are deserving to be included and I wish them well.

Zeke Pike is a great example . He is being recruited by tons of major colleges , so he is very popular , and he didn't even get mentioed , So , I don't think it is a popularity contest , do you ?

 

Do you honestly think Zeke Pike should win a popularity contest? LOL The kid is a major talent but Im sure his reputation has spread like gang green across this state. unless he leads Dixie to a state championship, throws and runs for over 2000 yards he may be left off next year as well.

 

While we are on the subject, what would be your post if Austin Abner, Drake Bruns and Ryan Hahn were left off the 1st team and maybe not even mentioned? I am just curious because this board would be lit up like a Christmas tree by Bird Fans. I definitely think Abner, Bruns and Hahn are deserving but like LoveFTG said, there are a couple kids left off that had outstanding years but probably werent utilized like they should have been in order to get the recognition. I know one in particular from Boone Co who already has a free education lined up at an outstanding school in Oxford, OH who if I had to pick an All State team he would be in my group.

 

Congrats to all the young men on the AP All state teams.

Supprised West, Whitman, Letton, and Miller not even mentioned??

 

First, congratulations to everyone that made this and other top player listings.

Two of these are good examples that not every college football player makes every list. Whitman will still be playing at Harvard next year and West at UK despite not making the AP list. So congratulations also to the top players that didn't make all the "lists". If you have the size and the skill to play college ball keep pursuing your dream.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.