Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AP All State

Featured Replies

Do you honestly think Zeke Pike should win a popularity contest? LOL The kid is a major talent but Im sure his reputation has spread like gang green across this state. unless he leads Dixie to a state championship, throws and runs for over 2000 yards he may be left off next year as well.

 

While we are on the subject, what would be your post if Austin Abner, Drake Bruns and Ryan Hahn were left off the 1st team and maybe not even mentioned? I am just curious because this board would be lit up like a Christmas tree by Bird Fans. I definitely think Abner, Bruns and Hahn are deserving but like LoveFTG said, there are a couple kids left off that had outstanding years but probably werent utilized like they should have been in order to get the recognition. I know one in particular from Boone Co who already has a free education lined up at an outstanding school in Oxford, OH who if I had to pick an All State team he would be in my group.

 

Congrats to all the young men on the AP All state teams.

 

I agree that Brown is a very good player. The only thing I will say is that it doesn't help when you play TE at Boone Co. If he was playing guard or tackle I think he definately would of been mentioned.

  • Replies 86
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you honestly think Zeke Pike should win a popularity contest? LOL The kid is a major talent but Im sure his reputation has spread like gang green across this state. unless he leads Dixie to a state championship, throws and runs for over 2000 yards he may be left off next year as well.

 

While we are on the subject, what would be your post if Austin Abner, Drake Bruns and Ryan Hahn were left off the 1st team and maybe not even mentioned? I am just curious because this board would be lit up like a Christmas tree by Bird Fans. I definitely think Abner, Bruns and Hahn are deserving but like LoveFTG said, there are a couple kids left off that had outstanding years but probably werent utilized like they should have been in order to get the recognition. I know one in particular from Boone Co who already has a free education lined up at an outstanding school in Oxford, OH who if I had to pick an All State team he would be in my group.

 

Congrats to all the young men on the AP All state teams.

 

In my previous post I said that I didn't think it was a popularity contest . I don't know where your coming from on that.

 

I didn't know you had to win a state title and run and throw for over 2000 yards to be selected for the AP all state team , how many players selected , have those kind of stats ? LOL

 

The players from Highlands that were selected ,in my opinion , were deserving of this selection , period. I thought ther should have been one or two more from HHS , but I'm not going to whine about it !! I think you are barking up the wrong tree , if you haven't noticed , I'm a bird fan too ! ( I really don't know what your after !)

Bottom line for me is this. Every player mentioned in the AP list earned their recognition or they would not be listed. So congratulations to them on being recognized as one of the top players in the state.

 

However, there are quite a few players that were not recognized who everyone in this state with a thimble's worth of knowledge of high school football knows should have been recognized. It is a shame that a player who works so hard and clearly achieves at the highest level in the state is not recognized. I feel for those young men. For that reason, the AP should be ashamed of the process they use to select this team and if they can't do a better job, then it is better IMO to not name a team at all. Not having obvious all state players on your team dishonors both the players named and those who should have been named.

When is that going to be?

 

Should be by the end of the month.

The more people who vote in a selection process, the more accurate. 160+ coaches as opposed to 13 media members. Which one is likely to be more accurate?

 

What makes the All-BGP Team unique is that it is not done through a vote. It is done through discussion of several football people throughout the state. If you think Player X deserves a spot on the team, you had better be able to articulate why and who they should replace. And why.

 

It is a much thorough process and a totally different selection process.

 

In looking at the AP vote, it's obvious the AP outlets in Paducah, Bowling Green, Louisville, and Pikeville voted.

 

The bolded are my thoughts exactly. For all those who complained you need to find out who casts your AP votes in your area and complain to them instead of coming on here and belittling what is an accomplishment to whomever may have been named to the team.

 

The only thing the AP should be ashamed of is the fact that everyone with a vote chose not to vote.

I look forward to the BGP team more so than any other for all of the reasons Ram mentioned above.

 

Plus, each member of BGP has the power to nominate any player they choose and very knowledgeable people decide who makes the team. It is my favorite post season team.

None of the teams are perfect, but I personally like this one better than the CJ, this year. CJ Coaches poll has too many "political appointments".

Bottom line for me is this. Every player mentioned in the AP list earned their recognition or they would not be listed. So congratulations to them on being recognized as one of the top players in the state.

 

However, there are quite a few players that were not recognized who everyone in this state with a thimble's worth of knowledge of high school football knows should have been recognized. It is a shame that a player who works so hard and clearly achieves at the highest level in the state is not recognized. I feel for those young men. For that reason, the AP should be ashamed of the process they use to select this team and if they can't do a better job, then it is better IMO to not name a team at all. Not having obvious all state players on your team dishonors both the players named and those who should have been named.

Who do you think should be on,and who would you take off?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

who do you think should be on,and who would you take off?

 

Micheal Kremer on Conner Hempel off.

In my previous post I said that I didn't think it was a popularity contest . I don't know where your coming from on that.

 

I didn't know you had to win a state title and run and throw for over 2000 yards to be selected for the AP all state team , how many players selected , have those kind of stats ? LOL

 

The players from Highlands that were selected ,in my opinion , were deserving of this selection , period. I thought ther should have been one or two more from HHS , but I'm not going to whine about it !! I think you are barking up the wrong tree , if you haven't noticed , I'm a bird fan too ! ( I really don't know what your after !)

 

I know your a Bird fan and Im in line with thinking atleast one more Bird should have been named. Devin Bruns imo was a beast on the DL but he has another year to show the AP writers. You mentioned Pike as being popular amongst the National experts but not being chosen within the state. This was your way of trying to justify the KY selection was not a popularity contest. My point was that Imo Pike is not popular in this state and it could be due to his demeanor on the field and how he has dealt with coaches and officials. Once writers see or hear that the news travels fast. I stated he would need to win a championship and get 4000 yrds combined to make himself an obvious choice due to these possible reasons as to why he may not have been chosen. Its pure speculation on my part, thats all. Im not barking up any trees here.

I know your a Bird fan and Im in line with thinking atleast one more Bird should have been named. Devin Bruns imo was a beast on the DL but he has another year to show the AP writers. You mentioned Pike as being popular amongst the National experts but not being chosen within the state. This was your way of trying to justify the KY selection was not a popularity contest. My point was that Imo Pike is not popular in this state and it could be due to his demeanor on the field and how he has dealt with coaches and officials. Once writers see or hear that the news travels fast. I stated he would need to win a championship and get 4000 yrds combined to make himself an obvious choice due to these possible reasons as to why he may not have been chosen. Its pure speculation on my part, thats all. Im not barking up any trees here.

 

It's cool , have a great day !

CJ is coaches poll, AP is newspaper people. What does that tell you? Congrats to all that were selected.

Bottom line for me is this. Every player mentioned in the AP list earned their recognition or they would not be listed. So congratulations to them on being recognized as one of the top players in the state.

 

However, there are quite a few players that were not recognized who everyone in this state with a thimble's worth of knowledge of high school football knows should have been recognized. It is a shame that a player who works so hard and clearly achieves at the highest level in the state is not recognized. I feel for those young men. For that reason, the AP should be ashamed of the process they use to select this team and if they can't do a better job, then it is better IMO to not name a team at all. Not having obvious all state players on your team dishonors both the players named and those who should have been named.

 

Thank you VoR for this post.

 

I don't want to take away from any of these outstanding athletes that made AP allstate but it is really tough for a young man from Greenup County to get some props, I am just very proud he set his personal goal to be the #1 rusher in the state during regular season and he reached that goal, I took the KHSAA quarterly at the first of the year for 2009 regular season rushing title, showed him it, stated if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best, I went in his room the next day and he had #1 from 2009 circled and posted on his wall, he reached that goal for 2010 - http://www.khsaa.org/football/2010/stats.htm and in 4A as well - http://www.khsaa.org/football/2010/stats4.htm nobody was even close , our team didn't reach our goals for the season and maybe that's what hurt his selection status but I have always been told #s dont lie and I am very proud of his season, his work ethic and his desire to reach that goal and reach it for the entire state of Kentucky, it just seems if you are the official rushing title winner for the state of Kentucky you should get some type of recognition for that achievement, maybe I am wrong and my bias is probably playing a major hand on this one due to me being his father, cause I have been involved in this game for 40 years - playing, coaching and refn, know it very well, just a lil disappointed for my son that he didn't even get a smell in the AP... but it is what it is and that's all it is, so be it... Still very proud of his achievements...

Thank you VoR for this post.

 

I don't want to take away from any of these outstanding athletes that made AP allstate but it is really tough for a young man from Greenup County to get some props, I am just very proud he set his personal goal to be the #1 rusher in the state during regular season and he reached that goal, I took the KHSAA quarterly at the first of the year for 2009 regular season rushing title, showed him it, stated if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best, I went in his room the next day and he had #1 from 2009 circled and posted on his wall, he reached that goal for 2010 - http://www.khsaa.org/football/2010/stats.htm and in 4A as well - http://www.khsaa.org/football/2010/stats4.htm nobody was even close , our team didn't reach our goals for the season and maybe that's what hurt his selection status but I have always been told #s dont lie and I am very proud of his season, his work ethic and his desire to reach that goal and reach it for the entire state of Kentucky, it just seems if you are the official rushing title winner for the state of Kentucky you should get some type of recognition for that achievement, maybe I am wrong and my bias is probably playing a major hand on this one due to me being his father, cause I have been involved in this game for 40 years - playing, coaching and refn, know it very well, just a lil disappointed for my son that he didn't even get a smell in the AP... but it is what it is and that's all it is, so be it... Still very proud of his achievements...

 

Does your son have any offers to play in college?

Does your son have any offers to play in college?

 

yes, several D2 and NAIA schools, some of the top programs in the country...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.