The Bengals Head Coach next year will be...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I'd go with an offensive guy. I think it's easier to find good defensive help than it is to have a great offensive coach in the NFL.

I agree. What I think will happen is that the Bengals promote Zimmer, and it will be more of the same.

What I would love to happen would be for them to get a guy like Jeff Fischer, get Wade Phillips as the defensive coordinator, and McDaniels as the OC. I know none of that will happen, because Mike Brown won't spend the money to get guys like that. However if I had my choice, that would be the route I would choose.

I'd be surprised to see Lewis leave, but if he does, I don't see a big name coming in. Mike Brown is not going to give the kind of pay and control to a coach such as Gruden, Cowler, etc. If a coach does come in, it will likely be someone like Phillips or Fox. The biggest thing that the Bengals needs is an offensive coordinator, which I think almost everyone knows.

My feeling on the whole matter is not really why would Marvin Lewis not be fired, but why would he want to stay? As a defensive coordinator, he can do what he does best -- focus on ripping apart offenses. As the Cincinnati Bengals coach, what can he even do? He can't hire the coaches he wants, he can't coach the players he wants. I think his best move would be to pack his things and take a job as a defensive coordinator somewhere solid.

Marvin should get out of town fast, go back to defensive coaching and and just fly under the radar for few years and retire happy! That will not happen (retiring happy) if he even thinks about giving his time to a City that hasn't really appreciated him (unless winning)

Good time to fire Marvin. Have over a week to get ready for next game. Is it true what I read in the update thread, that he could not fink his challenge flag to challenge the punt fumble?

Yes that is true, I don't think firing him now does any good just wait till the season is over and part ways.