Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Bengals Head Coach next year will be...

Featured Replies

So was Dick Lebeau.

Some people are just meant to be head coaches and some are just meant to be coordinators. Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel, Marvin, etc.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I'd go with an offensive guy. I think it's easier to find good defensive help than it is to have a great offensive coach in the NFL.

^I'd go with an offensive guy. I think it's easier to find good defensive help than it is to have a great offensive coach in the NFL.

 

I agree. What I think will happen is that the Bengals promote Zimmer, and it will be more of the same.

 

What I would love to happen would be for them to get a guy like Jeff Fischer, get Wade Phillips as the defensive coordinator, and McDaniels as the OC. I know none of that will happen, because Mike Brown won't spend the money to get guys like that. However if I had my choice, that would be the route I would choose.

Lewis and Zimmer are not the problems. Bratkowski needs to go

Lewis and Zimmer are not the problems. Bratkowski needs to go

 

Have you not witnessed the worst game manager in the NFL in Lewis? Lewis's game management in games is horrible, and always has been.

I'd be surprised to see Lewis leave, but if he does, I don't see a big name coming in. Mike Brown is not going to give the kind of pay and control to a coach such as Gruden, Cowler, etc. If a coach does come in, it will likely be someone like Phillips or Fox. The biggest thing that the Bengals needs is an offensive coordinator, which I think almost everyone knows.

I think in another surprise move, for a franchise that specializes in surprise moves; Mike Brown hires the guy he's always really wanted.......Mike Brown!! :D

Knowing Mike Brown like I think I do he will hire Wade Phillips and Brad Childress to be co-head coaches and then hire Matt Millen to be the GM.

 

This would be great! Well, from my point of view... :sssh:

I'd go D myself. On a side note I look for John Harbaugh to be the 1st choice of the Niners next year.

My feeling on the whole matter is not really why would Marvin Lewis not be fired, but why would he want to stay? As a defensive coordinator, he can do what he does best -- focus on ripping apart offenses. As the Cincinnati Bengals coach, what can he even do? He can't hire the coaches he wants, he can't coach the players he wants. I think his best move would be to pack his things and take a job as a defensive coordinator somewhere solid.

Marvin should get out of town fast, go back to defensive coaching and and just fly under the radar for few years and retire happy! That will not happen (retiring happy) if he even thinks about giving his time to a City that hasn't really appreciated him (unless winning)

Good time to fire Marvin. Have over a week to get ready for next game. Is it true what I read in the update thread, that he could not fink his challenge flag to challenge the punt fumble?

Good time to fire Marvin. Have over a week to get ready for next game. Is it true what I read in the update thread, that he could not fink his challenge flag to challenge the punt fumble?

 

Yes that is true, I don't think firing him now does any good just wait till the season is over and part ways.

Yes that is true, I don't think firing him now does any good just wait till the season is over and part ways.

 

I agree. I'm just sick of looking at him on the sidelines, and listening to his pitiful interviews. The guy is mentally gone.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.