November 22, 201015 yr With the firings of Phillips and Childress coming down in the past week or two, made me wonder if Marvin is going to make it through the season. But, more importantly, it made me wonder who the Bengals might replace him with next year. Here are the possible categories that I came up with (perhaps a moderator can add a poll?) A.) No change - Marvin Lewis will be back B.) Hire from within the organization - Mike Zimmer the likely choice C.) Hire a former NFL Head Coach - Dan Reeves, Jim Fassel, Jim Mora Jr. etc. D.) Hire a former NFL Heach Coach who has a ring - Brian Billick, Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, Jon Gruden, etc. E.) Hire a NFL assistant Coach - Jason Garrett, etc. F.) Bring in someone from the college ranks So, what say you BGP...where's the Bengals' Head Coach coming from next year?
November 22, 201015 yr A...not a fan of the team, but I think that Marvin would have been fired already if one bad year was all it took
November 22, 201015 yr A...not a fan of the team, but I think that Marvin would have been fired already if one bad year was all it took Difference now is we are at the end of the contract. Mikey would never pay someone for not working. No chance he is re-signed. I pray for D but that would mean Mikey would have to give up some control. The past has shown there is no chance of that happening.
November 23, 201015 yr Might want to add Jeff Fisher to the list. I can't see Jeff Fisher wanting to tackle a team of controversial personalities without some autonomy.
November 23, 201015 yr No chance Marvin is back next year IMO. I think it's getting more and more likely that Zimmer won't be the head man either...I'll go with John Fox or the Giants DC (Fewels (sp?))
November 23, 201015 yr What does it matter as long as Mikey owns the team. Exactly, unless he has an ebenezer scrooge type awakening then it doesn't matter who is coaching.
November 23, 201015 yr A or B Add John Fox to your list of possible former head coaches Clyde mentioned a couple of weeks ago someone was predicting Fox to Cincinnati. I think he's a good guy to go after. Better than some of the other options above, at least.
November 23, 201015 yr Knowing Mike Brown like I think I do he will hire Wade Phillips and Brad Childress to be co-head coaches and then hire Matt Millen to be the GM.
November 23, 201015 yr Might want to add Jeff Fisher to the list. He's already coaching for one idiot owner, Why would he go coach for another?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.