November 27, 201015 yr Here's what I would like to see the Bungles do if Marvin in not going to be their coach next year. 1.) Hire Philly's Offensive Coordinator Marty Mornhinweg for Head Coach. 2.) Draft Cam Newton in the first round. 3.) Cut ties with Carson Palmer (his window has closed, quickly becoming the next Bernie Kosar) 4.) Then build the team from there. IMO, its the quickiest fix. You don't have to draft a bunch of offensive linemen. You can get away with a decent/average running back.
November 27, 201015 yr I agree. I'm just sick of looking at him on the sidelines, and listening to his pitiful interviews. The guy is mentally gone. His interview after the Jets loss was indeed pitiful. He came off as a guy that's beaten down and really lost his passion for this team. Ultimately, I just don't think Lewis is cut out to be a head coach. Some people just aren't. Bruce Coslet was another example. He was a solid OC, but not head coach. Lewis is a good DC, but that's his limit.
November 27, 201015 yr Here's what I would like to see the Bungles do if Marvin in not going to be their coach next year. 1.) Hire Philly's Offensive Coordinator Marty Mornhinweg for Head Coach. 2.) Draft Cam Newton in the first round. 3.) Cut ties with Carson Palmer (his window has closed, quickly becoming the next Bernie Kosar) 4.) Then build the team from there. IMO, its the quickiest fix. You don't have to draft a bunch of offensive linemen. You can get away with a decent/average running back. Well then you better find some solid free agents because the line they have is bad. You could put Joe Montana at QB and Walter Payton at RB and this team is still going to have problems. It all starts up front and the Bengals just don't have much up there.
November 27, 201015 yr Well then you better find some solid free agents because the line they have is bad. You could put Joe Montana at QB and Walter Payton at RB and this team is still going to have problems. It all starts up front and the Bengals just don't have much up there. Yeah, I know the OL is a problem. However that is why I think Cam Newton would help. He could do alot of the work on his own with his legs. We wouldn't have to wait on 2-3 offensive linemen to develop.
November 27, 201015 yr Yeah, I know the OL is a problem. However that is why I think Cam Newton would help. He could do alot of the work on his own with his legs. We wouldn't have to wait on 2-3 offensive linemen to develop. Whoeverit may be, the next QB has to be a little more mobile, than Carson. Shouldn't be too hard to find as long as they stay out of the retirement homes.
November 27, 201015 yr Whoeverit may be, the next QB has to be a little more mobile, than Carson. Shouldn't be too hard to find as long as they stay out of the retirement homes. That is why Mallet from Arkansas would not be a good choice. Luck is the guy I would want.
November 27, 201015 yr Here's what I would like to see the Bungles do if Marvin in not going to be their coach next year. 1.) Hire Philly's Offensive Coordinator Marty Mornhinweg for Head Coach. 2.) Draft Cam Newton in the first round. 3.) Cut ties with Carson Palmer (his window has closed, quickly becoming the next Bernie Kosar) 4.) Then build the team from there. IMO, its the quickiest fix. You don't have to draft a bunch of offensive linemen. You can get away with a decent/average running back. Two things why do you want Marty? How did he do as a head coach? I really can't remember. Also Newton is having a great year, however lets not forget he plays in a spread system and not use to being under center. Also this is his first year as a starter in college football. Remember the last QB we took who had one year of success in college football, and how that turned out? That would be Akili Smith. Newton could be a good one, however we have seen that horrid story before.
November 27, 201015 yr Two things why do you want Marty? How did he do as a head coach? I really can't remember. Also Newton is having a great year, however lets not forget he plays in a spread system and not use to being under center. Also this is his first year as a starter in college football. Remember the last QB we took who had one year of success in college football, and how that turned out? That would be Akili Smith. Newton could be a good one, however we have seen that horrid story before. Marty did good enough to get fired.. but then again he was coaching the browns if I'm not mistaken. Newton actually plays in a pro style offense. They asked a Auburn's head guy the other day what do you think Newtons numbers would be if he were in a spread style offense and Chizik said that there is no doubt that he would be leading the nation in almost all of the passing categories.
November 28, 201015 yr They need OL or Luck, Mallet, and/or Newton will end up like Akili Smith in Bengal Stripes! Whitworth is NOT a LT, Williams is average, Livings, Cook, Roland are college free agents; they have neglected this group long enough. I'm afraid Smith is a RG, and Collins needs to earn his keep at T
November 28, 201015 yr They need OL or Luck, Mallet, and/or Newton will end up like Akili Smith in Bengal Stripes! Whitworth is NOT a LT, Williams is average, Livings, Cook, Roland are college free agents; they have neglected this group long enough. I'm afraid Smith is a RG, and Collins needs to earn his keep at T The line is where they need to start rebuiliding. Oh that's assuming the front office stays the same. I still don't see how Mike Brown can look at himself in the mirror. Disgrace to his dads legacy.
November 28, 201015 yr I would start with the O-line and then the D-line.. This is where football games are won and the Bengals are awful at both. They need someone who can pressure the qb bad..If we are talking about a qb Luck would be my pick hands down..
November 28, 201015 yr Marty did good enough to get fired.. but then again he was coaching the browns if I'm not mistaken. Newton actually plays in a pro style offense. They asked a Auburn's head guy the other day what do you think Newtons numbers would be if he were in a spread style offense and Chizik said that there is no doubt that he would be leading the nation in almost all of the passing categories. That is not a pro style offense. I was watching the same game, when they talked about that. They said if he played in a spread passing offense, he would lead the nation. They run the spread, but they use the spread as a running offense. It is by no means a pro style offense at all.
December 3, 201015 yr That is not a pro style offense. I was watching the same game, when they talked about that. They said if he played in a spread passing offense, he would lead the nation. They run the spread, but they use the spread as a running offense. It is by no means a pro style offense at all. You are correct. I misquoted them. I still think he would be a good choice for the Bengals, but I also agree that Mallet would be fine too. Who doesn't like a 6 foot 6 QB?
December 3, 201015 yr You know the quote, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." That apple, Mike Brown, fell from a different universe. Mike Brown does not know football well enough to coach it. I think in another surprise move, for a franchise that specializes in surprise moves; Mike Brown hires the guy he's always really wanted.......Mike Brown!!
December 3, 201015 yr Marty Mornhinweg never coached the Browns. His only two years as a head coach ever was in Detroit, 2001-2002 where he went 5-27. That would be the record of anyone who coaches the Lions. I am not saying that to bash the Lions, that is just where that franchise is right now. I can see them getting better in the near future with the talent they have in place. It really does not matter who plays or who coaches the Bengals. They will never win a playoff game as long as Mike Brown is running the show. Incidentally, there are a lot of NFL players who are quoted as saying, "If I had the choice of signing with the Bengals or retiring, I choose retiring." This is a direct reflection of how a Mike Brown-owned and runned team is perceived around the league. "Two things why do you want Marty? How did he do as a head coach? I really can't remember. Also Newton is having a great year, however lets not forget he plays in a spread system and not use to being under center. Also this is his first year as a starter in college football. Remember the last QB we took who had one year of success in college football, and how that turned out? That would be Akili Smith. Newton could be a good one, however we have seen that horrid story before." Marty did good enough to get fired.. but then again he was coaching the browns if I'm not mistaken. Newton actually plays in a pro style offense. They asked a Auburn's head guy the other day what do you think Newtons numbers would be if he were in a spread style offense and Chizik said that there is no doubt that he would be leading the nation in almost all of the passing categories.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.