Lexington Catholic

Rocks8010

So are you saying that the Jefferson County gerrymandering is costing you games and creating slots in your schedule? Since now the X-T game is a district game vs. none district game and allowing another public to avoid you on the schedule?

I have heard that Trinity has 4 openings on next years schedule and that Jefferson County teams outside of their district games were not willing to schedule them. Lexington teams outside of Catholic quit playing Trinity after the 2008 season. Everyone wants to point the finger at T & X for all of their success and say they don't have a level playing field. At schools like T, X and LexCath, Highlands, they believe in order to be the best you have to play the best competition available. Jefferson and Fayette County public schools have just decided to take their ball and go home. It's really pathetic!

I have heard that Trinity has 4 openings on next years schedule and that Jefferson County teams outside of their district games were not willing to schedule them. Lexington teams outside of Catholic quit playing Trinity after the 2008 season. Everyone wants to point the finger at T & X for all of their success and say they don't have a level playing field. At schools like T, X and LexCath, Highlands, they believe in order to be the best you have to play the best competition available. Jefferson and Fayette County public schools have just decided to take their ball and go home. It's really pathetic!

So now we know the true reason for for Jefferson County/Oldham County realignment. It facilitates the 'schedule reduction' actions that followed the failure of Prop 2. We know that attitude well here to the east. I think we have gotten through it in the Lexington area but movement seems to have moved to Louisville. Sadly, KHSAA has arbitrarily performed realignments to meet desires of those that just want run and hide. I still ask - "Since the only material change to the 3 districts realigned was swapping Oldham Country for Shelby County (thus no real change in driving times, the only criteria KHSAA is supposed to use) which alignment was flawed in terms of the supposedly objective criteria used to create districts - the old one or the new one?"

Not the same as Louisville as far as getting kids, but those in Central Kentucky have really combatted the knights "drawing" as you have to say on BGP of student athletes from other areas, you folks in Jefferson County really can't do this due to your open enrollment status. The publics in Lexington and sorrounding areas have started reporting, and keeping a watchful eye on LCHS. More than before.

So are you saying that the Jefferson County gerrymandering is costing you games and creating slots in your schedule? Since now the X-T game is a district game vs. none district game and allowing another public to avoid you on the schedule?

That is the case. 2 former non district games are now district games and the 3 teams we played in our district will not schedule us.

That is the case. 2 former non district games are now district games and the 3 teams we played in our district will not schedule us.

I would usually say this is the law of unintended consequences, but in all likelihood this is was the intended consequence.

I went to a public Jefferson Country school and we beat St. X while I was there. When you come in the underdog and get the win is far more sweet than winning as the favorite. While X and T go into every game the favorite it is special when the upset occurs and its great for the team that does it. LexCath beat X in 2003 and it is still talked about. And there was almost an upset last year. This run and hide approach is bad for all.

Yes, and one the year after he left, a team which he obviously had a hand in building.

Of course, Sphire coached in the old four-class system, when the competition was tougher and championships harder to come by.

So LexCath has 2 titles, correct?

As I was saying. With the exception of this year they have been and will continue to be competitive. The Boyle County/LexCath game should be back to normal next year.

I would usually say this is the law of unintended consequences, but in all likelihood this is was the intended consequence.

I went to a public Jefferson Country school and we beat St. X while I was there. When you come in the underdog and get the win is far more sweet than winning as the favorite. While X and T go into every game the favorite it is special when the upset occurs and its great for the team that does it. LexCath beat X in 2003 and it is still talked about. And there was almost an upset last year. This run and hide approach is bad for all.

I can't speak for X but T will continue to go out of state and fill their schedule with heavy weights like Cincy X, Moehler, Elder, etc. This kind of schedule just gets younger kids excited and helps T attract better student athletes each year. By the time the KY playoffs come around, they will just continue to steamroll the public school competition. Not to mention with this decision, JCPS loses their schools biggest gates by dropping T & X. They will be crying about this in a couple of seasons. :lol: