Sheldon Clark / Belfry predictions

BelfryJustice

Who will you take this week and how much?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you take this week and how much?

• Belfry by 7 or more?
    • Belfry by 6 or less?
    • Sheldon Clark by 7 or more?
    • Sheldon Clark by 6 or less?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tune in next week, when the crusty old football coach says, "We may have to postpone the game, they're out of nachos in the concession stand".

:lol:

Yea, and think about all the time it will take them to pick up the pieces of rubber tracked off the field. :creepy: The game may be delayed for a couple hours. :D;)

I think that the crowd not getting into the game is relevant. Ask the boys on the field Toots and see if they think the crowd just sitting there and not doing anything is a factor in the game when the opposing crowd is going crazy.

Certainly, Pal, they'll want the crowd yelling their guts out, but they can only hope they do.

This is going to be a battle I talked to some coaches already and they said this is going to be war. They said SC is a much better team than the first game we played them and they will drive that int he players head all week. Belfry is improved to.

As far as the crowd goes the players were getting frustrated Friday night with the fans. They were waving their hands begiing the crowd to get into it but noone really did. I guarantee you SC will be rocking on their side and excited so Belfry needs to step up with the fans support and rock the place. That really does get the players up knowing that the fans are behind them all the way.

Fans, fans, fans. I agree with Watusi, this is about players, not fans! Look, two years ago when we were traveling in the playoffs, the fans were awesome. Now, we expect a winner and they have slacked off a bit. Big Deal! The game is played by players on the gridiron!

I wasn't able to attend the first Sheldon Clark game, but from what I heard, they do not have a lot of speed. Belfry doesn't have a ton of speed either but we do have big play capability and Mr. Maynard. Sheldon Clark could very well control the line of scrimmage 80% of our offensive plays and still give up 35+ points on big plays.

Expect 3 plays of 50+ yards for Td's out of Belfry. Sheldon Clark will battle, but there has yet to be and will not be an answer for #7.

Fans, fans, fans. I agree with Watusi, this is about players, not fans! Look, two years ago when we were traveling in the playoffs, the fans were awesome. Now, we expect a winner and they have slacked off a bit. Big Deal! The game is played by players on the gridiron!

I wasn't able to attend the first Sheldon Clark game, but from what I heard, they do not have a lot of speed. Belfry doesn't have a ton of speed either but we do have big play capability and Mr. Maynard. Sheldon Clark could very well control the line of scrimmage 80% of our offensive plays and still give up 35+ points on big plays.

Expect 3 plays of 50+ yards for Td's out of Belfry. Sheldon Clark will battle, but there has yet to be and will not be an answer for #7.

Sheldon Clark found an answer for #3 in the second half of the Leslie County game, if they can stop him they most certainly can stop #7.

Ya think?

Are we that far removed from the game that instead of talking a little x's and o's, we are now all torn up over crowd noise, cheerleaders and the worst of all, the scoreboard horn?

What are we going to do? I'll bet the coaches are wringing their hands over that horn situation. And if the crowd doesn't start standing for the fight song, then we are doomed. And don't even get me started on the PA system, the lack of TP in the bathrooms and all those little black rubber pieces that get carried off the field. Its disgraceful. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but some of this stuff just makes me laugh. :laugh:

I dont recall most of these things being mentioned so it makes me laugh too :rolleyes: . Dont you guys see the boys on the field waving their arms to get the fans into the game??? Thats not their job and its pitiful they they feel they have to try to wake us up! Do you honestly think the fans getting into the game and backing the boys dont give them something?? How do you think they feel out there playing their guts out while the fans sit in the stands and chit chat among themselves and THEN leave early.

I'm not defending the fans who aren't cheering enough, I like to see a crowd into the game as much as the next guy. But it ain't the end of the world and it certainly shouldn't be something the players are concerned with. They have a job to do out there and it would concern me as a coach if I saw them cheerleading during the game. If I'd turned to the crowd and started that stuff when I was playing I would have gotten a slap upside my head and some pine time.

I still find it hilarious that we are going into the regional championship game and the most talked about topic by our fan base is why they're not loud enough at games. :lol:

I know, we could have "fan practice" this week and meet at the field every night and try and coordinate ourselves a little better. :thumb:

Maybe we should :sssh: not a bad idea :dancingpa

We need a bon fire!!!

And for the record, I see the guys doing this all the time where the crowd isn't into it and I'm talking other teams not just Belfry. It's pretty common.

And as far as topic goes I think we're just trying to get everybody pumped up BEFORE the game :fight: :fight: :fight: This is a thread about a game we want to win Friday :thumb:

BTW tailgate 5:30 :cool: