Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sheldon Clark / Belfry predictions

Who will you take this week and how much? 131 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will you take this week and how much?

    • Belfry by 7 or more?
      72%
    • Belfry by 6 or less?
      7%
    • Sheldon Clark by 7 or more?
      4%
    • Sheldon Clark by 6 or less?
      15%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I agree with you but we really need to play ball we made some really bad mistakes last night...

 

Belfrycan pick their score but, they also need to play some good football ;)

  • Replies 162
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will not be a blowout, IMO.

 

Sheldon Clark showed us what they were made of last time and we pulled away at the end thanks to some big plays. The Cards have a lot of mo this week coming back to our house and we will have to play very well to beat them.

 

They made a living right up the gut on us last game and I hope we can throw something different at them and take that away this time around.

This will not be a blowout, IMO.

 

Sheldon Clark showed us what they were made of last time and we pulled away at the end thanks to some big plays. The Cards have a lot of mo this week coming back to our house and we will have to play very well to beat them.

 

They made a living right up the gut on us last game and I hope we can throw something different at them and take that away this time around.

 

I think that our Defense will be having some major practice this week Toots. They showed some definite weakness in last nights game against the Jackets.

 

What worries me the most is that for 4 years, SC's Coach Hager was a player at Belfry. He knows what is done at practice to prepare for a game. He has been in the locker room at halftime and knows what Coach Haywood will do to correct mistakes. Heck, I bet he still has his playbooks. ;)

 

This is the game that will have me on pins and needles until the last play. I believe the Pirates will take the victory, but not by a lot.

 

OH YEAH....Is it just me or does the buzzer on the new scoreboard sound like a sick cow???? :D

I like Belfry by 3 touchdowns, but it will tight all the way through with Belfry pulling away in the 4th.

 

Pirate Senior like Church, A. Chapman, and Gooslin know whats at stake. They will be ready for sky high Sheldon Clark

Sheldon Clark gets better every week, I look for Belfry to win but not by as much as the last time.

I know the Belfry fans have to be excited...Getting to play a team you already beat always makes you sleep just a little easier at night...I know we were pulling for East Carter for the same reason last night...(well, that and not having to travel to Newport) It's always easier to prepare for a team that you've played already...

 

Of course, it makes it easier for Sheldon Clark to prepare as well...However, the mental edge would have to be with the Pirates...Anyone traveling into the NEW home of the 2 time defending champs has to question their chances...Especially when they already lost to them once this year...But, I am quite confident that Sheldon Clark feels they had their chances the first time around and, unlike most teams, get a second chance in the same season to prove themselves...

 

As each week passes it starts to look like a possible semi-final rematch could take place this year...We have a tough game next week against a very good Newport team...We will have to play very well to beat them...I am confident we can but there are certainly NO guarantees...

 

It would be great if we both take care of business and are playing at Henry R Evans Stadium the day after Thanksgiving...Two great programs with a history of great games between them...Two great coaches with one or two wins under their belts :D ...We'd like another shot at you guys...To be the best you have to beat the best and certainly Belfry has been that for the last 2 years...

 

I am certainly not looking past Newport as you all are certainly not looking past Sheldon Clark...I know both our great coaching staffs won't let that happen...But, it is hard to not think about a potential matchup that many have expected and wanted this year...WOW!!! What an atmosphere that would be!!

 

Of course, Sheldon Clark & Newport will definitely try and are capable of spoiling that party...Good luck next week!!

 

Belfry - 35

Sheldon Clark - 21

 

:fire: 58

I know the Belfry fans have to be excited...Getting to play a team you already beat always makes you sleep just a little easier at night...I know we were pulling for East Carter for the same reason last night...(well, that and not having to travel to Newport) It's always easier to prepare for a team that you've played already...

 

Of course, it makes it easier for Sheldon Clark to prepare as well...However, the mental edge would have to be with the Pirates...Anyone traveling into the NEW home of the 2 time defending champs has to question their chances...Especially when they already lost to them once this year...But, I am quite confident that Sheldon Clark feels they had their chances the first time around and, unlike most teams, get a second chance in the same season to prove themselves...

 

As each week passes it starts to look like a possible semi-final rematch could take place this year...We have a tough game next week against a very good Newport team...We will have to play very well to beat them...I am confident we can but there are certainly NO guarantees...

 

It would be great if we both take care of business and are playing at Henry R Evans Stadium the day after Thanksgiving...Two great programs with a history of great games between them...Two great coaches with one or two wins under their belts :D ...We'd like another shot at you guys...To be the best you have to beat the best and certainly Belfry has been that for the last 2 years...

 

I am certainly not looking past Newport as you all are certainly not looking past Sheldon Clark...I know both our great coaching staffs won't let that happen...But, it is hard to not think about a potential matchup that many have expected and wanted this year...WOW!!! What an atmosphere that would be!!

 

Of course, Sheldon Clark & Newport will definitely try and are capable of spoiling that party...Good luck next week!!

 

Belfry - 35

Sheldon Clark - 21

 

:fire: 58

 

Very nice post!!!! I would love to see a rematch as long as the outcome is the same. :D;)

I wouldn't mind seeing Sheldon Clark win this... Belfry by 3 tds

Good luck Sheldon Clark!!!! A great bunch of kids who play with a lot of heart!!!! :ylsuper:

Belfry comes out big, running up the score in the first half. Sheldon Clark is having one of their best teams in a while but I still dont think they are capable of stopping Matt Maynard, Dustin May and Corey Chapman.

Belfry has one of the best if not the best special teams unit in the Region. That has contributed to mos of their wins this season. Did anybody else see Matt Maynard on that outstanding punt return last night. WOW!

Belfry-49

Sheldon Clark-14

If Sheldon Clark plays the type of ball control offense they played last night and does a better job of wrapping up when they play defense, they can beat Belfry. The Cardinals are great competitors. They play with amazing heart and emotion. Last night after falling behind in the first half, they just kept hanging around and waited for their breaks. When they got them they capitalized on every single of them. Shawn Hager has taken a group of big experienced lineman and mixed in mostly Freshman and Sophmore skill players and they are playing in the Elite 8......after going 2 - 8 last season. Coach Hager and his boys have endeared themselves to our whole community. I wouldn't count them out of anything on Friday night. They have proved themselves to be a handful.

First of all i would like to congrulate SC on beating Leslie Co. down at LC. Sheldon Clark has come along way since they meet Belfry earlier in the season BUT so has Belfry. I think that the score will be closer than the last game but the outcome will be the same. Belfry just has something going on over there in Pond Creek that most teams dream for. Regional Championship after Regional Championship not to mention State after State Championship. Congrulations to Coach Hager and Sheldon Clark on having a great season but i dont think they have what it takes to pull out the victory at Central Appalanchian Mining Stadium. Should be a great one and i know that i will be there to watch it. My prediction:

 

Belfry: 28

SC: 20

Sorry but Belfry is going to win another regional championship next week at CAM. I really am glad that the Cardinals won tonight but Leslie Co. had no idea what they were up against. That smashmouth football will kill you if you don't play it every week. Belfry knows what the Cards have and they know how to handle it like they did earlier this year. I know that Sheldon Clark will be coming off a huge win but remember this is Belfry. They wear you out and run you down and finally they break away and never look back. Pirates in a good one but they do pull away in the end.

 

 

....and yes I do remember the last time that we play Sheldon Clark in the Regional Championship....HE WAS NOT IN........... :D

 

 

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!! :fire: :dancingpa

Sorry, but if you expect Sheldon Clark to fall down on their knees because you have Belfry written on your jersey, you're sadly mistaken....

 

You guys didn't play the same Sheldon Clark team that you will play Friday..... You just have to wait to see for yourself what I’m talking about…. These guys are on a roll and in a zone....

 

I don't care to say this because, there will be plenty of Belfry fans saying the same thing about their football team.....So, I know if any of Sheldon Clarks players read this, they will see plenty of post saying the opposite of what I’m saying…. I think SC’s coach will have their total attention this week…..So, they will be ready to play, regardless of what we fans think and say….

 

Just as I said last week end, fear Sheldon Clarks line.... You Belfry linemen know what I'm talking about..... If you want see smash mouth football, be at Pond Creek this Friday.... I hope I can get there.......

 

BTW, the SC/Belfry game was much closer than the score indicated last game.....

 

I pick Sheldon Clark to walk away from Pond Creek a winner Friday night..... Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.....

 

Go Cards!

:thumb: Sheldon Clark has came along way this season and seem to get better with each game, IMO will be a very good game and close game Good Luck to both teams,, But mostly gooooooooooo CARDS :thumb:

First of all i would like to congrulate SC on beating Leslie Co. down at LC. Sheldon Clark has come along way since they meet Belfry earlier in the season BUT so has Belfry. I think that the score will be closer than the last game but the outcome will be the same. Belfry just has something going on over there in Pond Creek that most teams dream for. Regional Championship after Regional Championship not to mention State after State Championship. Congrulations to Coach Hager and Sheldon Clark on having a great season but i dont think they have what it takes to pull out the victory at Central Appalanchian Mining Stadium. Should be a great one and i know that i will be there to watch it. My prediction:

 

Belfry: 28

SC: 20

 

With all due respect, I think you're wrong, but you've been wrong before during these playoffs....

 

These SC boys remind me a lot of the Detroit Pistons...... They have heart and the last half of that game last night at LC proves that.....

 

Sheldon Clark will not look at the past history of Belfry…. Good coaches won’t let that happen…. .... Their Coach won't allow this, just as Matney wouldn’t allow that to happen at JC....

 

The game is won at the line of scrimmage and SC will win that battle every game, if they don’t make mistakes…..Take away a couple of turnovers and SC could have easily won their last game with Belfry….

 

If we can keep down turnovers we will come away with a win at Pond Creek... We've beaten them before deep in the playoffs (at Pond Creek) and I see no reason why we can't beat them again....

 

BTW, this isn't the same team that won the state last year, or the year before.... That team has earned respect, but it's history...... I guess we'll see, SC has had to prove themselves every game this year, I don't see any reason why it would change now.....

 

One last thing, If Sheldon Clark does stumble, I will be a Belfry fan the rest of the year…. I’ve been so proud that this district has won the state championship the last two years…. After saying that, it’s time they move over and let another district team win the title….

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.