Sheldon Clark / Belfry predictions

BelfryJustice

Who will you take this week and how much?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you take this week and how much?

• Belfry by 7 or more?
    • Belfry by 6 or less?
    • Sheldon Clark by 7 or more?
    • Sheldon Clark by 6 or less?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm David over Goliath. Where have I heard that story before? Anyways, I see this game being a little to close to call. Im might just lose my Pirate fan club membership for this but I can honestly see the Cardinals coming into the CAM and leaving victorious. Dont get me wrong, I always pull for my Pirates. Once you wear the red and white your feelings towards this program will never be the same but on the other hand I honestly like this Cardinals team. Granted they are a tough-nosed bunch of youngsters and play harder than any team Ive seen in a long time. But for me it is a little deeper. Shawn Hager has been one of my closest friends for a while. Ive played with him in grade school, high school and college and in my mind Ive never had the honor of being around someone with more intensity towards any activity he participates in. Its quite a compliment when someone says a team has taken on the personality of their coach and without a doubt this Cardinal team is as much like Shawn as any Ive seen. I will pulling for a good game. Do I want to see Belfry win? Yes but if the Cardinals pull the upset will I be that disappointed? Not really. Both teams have come a lot farther than anyone ever imagined at the start of the season. After talking to Shawn a few weeks ago the one thing he said was "I just want one more shot at Belfry and hopefully I dont make the mistakes I made in the first game." Shawn takes all the blame for losing the first game and let me tell you that there wont be anyone on either side of the field more fired up than him. Well he got his wish. Will it be something he regrets wanting? Who knows. I say goodluck to both teams and win or lose I will be as proud of both of the teams as I have ever been of any team. This is one game I just want to watch as non-partisan fan. Should be a dandy.

Hmmm David over Goliath. Where have I heard that story before? Anyways, I see this game being a little to close to call. Im might just lose my Pirate fan club membership for this but I can honestly see the Cardinals coming into the CAM and leaving victorious. Dont get me wrong, I always pull for my Pirates. Once you wear the red and white your feelings towards this program will never be the same but on the other hand I honestly like this Cardinals team. Granted they are a tough-nosed bunch of youngsters and play harder than any team Ive seen in a long time. But for me it is a little deeper. Shawn Hager has been one of my closest friends for a while. Ive played with him in grade school, high school and college and in my mind Ive never had the honor of being around someone with more intensity towards any activity he participates in. Its quite a compliment when someone says a team has taken on the personality of their coach and without a doubt this Cardinal team is as much like Shawn as any Ive seen. I will pulling for a good game. Do I want to see Belfry win? Yes but if the Cardinals pull the upset will I be that disappointed? Not really. Both teams have come a lot farther than anyone ever imagined at the start of the season. After talking to Shawn a few weeks ago the one thing he said was "I just want one more shot at Belfry and hopefully I dont make the mistakes I made in the first game." Shawn takes all the blame for losing the first game and let me tell you that there wont be anyone on either side of the field more fired up than him. Well he got his wish. Will it be something he regrets wanting? Who knows. I say goodluck to both teams and win or lose I will be as proud of both of the teams as I have ever been of any team. This is one game I just want to watch as non-partisan fan. Should be a dandy.

Very nice post, and so well said. Sheldon Clark is very lucky to have Coach Hager, and oddly enough so correct when you said the team has his personality that is sooooooooo very true, will be a great game. :D

I am not a big fan of Shawn Hager's cheerleading and sideline antics, but I do feel he is a solid coach. He may have been Belfry once, but as far as Im concerned, come Friday, he is the enemy.

Shawn Hager is a great person and appears to be a great up and coming coach that is very solid and will have many wins in the future. I don't think that he will get the win on Friday and will have to make another wish! He will get some wins on Belfry much sooner than most of us would like to witness. CamFieldJunky I have to support you 100% on your statement about him being the enemy! He must be removed this week for Belfry to advance and I have no problem with the way he gets the loss as long as he gets it! This will be one of the best ballgames in Eastern Ky and a lot closer than the first! Once a Pirate Fan always a Pirate Fan!

Go Pirates!!!!! Hold on to that ball if you want to hold on to the dream!

If Belfry wins, this will not (For a fact) Be a blowout. Sheldon Clark will not give up no matter is the score is 19-6 at the end of the half :lol: They will come back with alot more heart the second half and destory some people. Last time when Sheldon Clark played Belfry, SC o-line fired off as hard as they did all year. At first the team was so nervous. But this time I see SC coming out and playing some "smash-mouth" football. Comon Sheldon Clark! I will be cheering for you!

I am not a big fan of Shawn Hager's cheerleading and sideline antics, but I do feel he is a solid coach. He may have been Belfry once, but as far as Im concerned, come Friday, he is the enemy.

His sideline "antics" as you call them, are just a part of Shawn. If you never saw him play then you would never know that just because he was 5'8"(maybe), 150lbs he never backed down. I watched him fight a kid a long time ago who was a foot taller and double his weight and he backed down not one inch. Thats just Shawn, someone who wont back away from anything no matter what the odds are. And like I said earlier his team has apparently took on this same personality. Like I said, I will always pull for Belfry but friday night is something special to myself and quite a few others who have had the honor of standing arm and arm with Coach Hager. Shawn might be on the opposite sideline of our beloved Pirates but an enemy he will never be.

Guest kybigguy42

I appreciate Coach Hager's enthusiasm. He is a solid coach and more importantly an outstanding individual. We are glad to find out that Belfry fans are not going to be waiting on the 50 yard line to kiss Coach Hager and the Cards when they arrive at CAM. We sorta figured there would be a football game.

I appreciate Coach Hager's enthusiasm. He is a solid coach and more importantly an outstanding individual. We are glad to find out that Belfry fans are not going to be waiting on the 50 yard line to kiss Coach Hager and the Cards when they arrive at CAM. We sorta figured there would be a football game.

I will always be there welcoming Shawn and any team he coaches when they travel into Belfry. But the kissing part will always be left out. I love him like a brother but not that much. :eek: :eek: