Trinity 48 St. Xavier 0

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to throw out a kudos to the coaching for the Rocks. And I'd like to throw out the comment from Coach Beatty I found on the C-J website this morning, as evidence he's not what some portray him to be:

Trinity coach Bob Beatty said White "is a player that makes me look good as a coach."

It can't go unsaid, at least not by me.

A couple of years ago the game was lopsided in X's favor. Trinity threw a late pass against x's subs late in the 4th quarter for a score. On the X radio broadcast after that game Glaser was rather critical of Coach Beatty for not giving his subs a chance to play saying something to the effect that at X everyone will get their chance or some other such tripe. It sure seems to me like last night a majority of X's starters were in the game on their final possession. Just sayin'.

Secondly, do you think Glaser would like to have that tip of the hat back?

It can't go unsaid, at least not by me.

A couple of years ago the game was lopsided in X's favor. Trinity threw a late pass against x's subs late in the 4th quarter for a score. On the X radio broadcast after that game Glaser was rather critical of Coach Beatty for not giving his subs a chance to play saying something to the effect that at X everyone will get their chance or some other such tripe. It sure seems to me like last night a majority of X's starters were in the game on their final possession. Just sayin'.

Secondly, do you think Glaser would like to have that tip of the hat back?[/QUOTE]

I am not so sure he even "gets it." I have had many X people apologize for that "gesture." It could have been his (farewell) salute to the Finals. There was some discussion pre-season by the Tiger Faithful about "Back-to-Back". Not based on what transpired last night.

Coach said they will be a better team by season's end. We will just have to see. All we know now is that they were not very good last night.

You mean he quit? :idunno:

I don't like the word "quit" in this situation...but yes he chose to play fall baseball. In fact, UK saw him pitch last week against Trinity and offered him a scholarship three days later. Turns out he made a wise decision. The kid can throw a football, but he was told he wasn't needed to do that at St.X anymore.

I have noted many in the media and elsewhere who laud Trinity's sophomore class (see latest posts in this morning's C-J). And yes, they are very talented. But this TEAM is made up of more than just sophomores. There are some incredibly talented upperclassmen who lead this team in lots of ways. Weyhing, Bishop, Kopp, Steffey, Steele, Sugg, Barry, Reynolds...I could go on. The THS staff is doing a good job of putting the pieces of this puzzle in place. They appear to really enjoy playing the game and each other.

Congrats to Trinity on the win and hoping that the injured X players recover and return. I'm sure they will learn and improve.

But as for looking to the next two years...the future is now.

this TEAM is made up of more than just sophomores. There are some incredibly talented upperclassmen who lead this team in lots of ways.

I've been wanting to been wanting to chime in on this one. Senior leadership is senior leadership, whether there are 40 or 16 of them. Bottom line, these seniors have set the tone for this team!

For what it's worth, I think 11 of the 16 are starters.

I've got to hand it to Alan60, Tigercat and Oxnard. They told us weeks ago this would be a blowout. You guys sure do know your Tigers! Kudos for the prognostications!

However, no teams in 6A are close to the greatness of this most talented and now experienced Trinity team.

In all seriousness I repeat This is the greatest Trinity football team ever, only to be surpassed by next year's team!!!!

:notworthy:

Trinity is light years ahead of other 6A teams this season. Just look at scores of games played both regular season and scrimmage and the competition played. This team has self declared great coaching staff, self declared great talent, and now most experienced team against top competition of all schools in 6A.

This Trinity's team's accomplishments thus far into the season speak for themselves. To answer Guru's question (AGAIN), this team is light years ahead of St. Xavier at this point in the season, and could be declared 6A champions today.

Today's Lit Ratings give a very revealing response to your quiry, Guru. Trinity is a 15-point favorite over Ryle, 31-point favorite over Ballard, and a 32-point favorite over St. X.. My gosh, they are even 48-point favorites over powerful Simon Kenton. I guess the only thing left to fight for in Class 6A is the State Runnerup Trophy, available to one of the lucky teams who occupy the opposite bracket from the MIGHTY ROCKS. :notworthy: :isurrender: :notworthy:

Ox-You are right. We can't compete with them this year, and apparently the next 2. Maybe we can play our seniors in the JV game and win at least one of the 3 games...or should we play them in the frosh game? Game experience and developement you know.