Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 48 St. Xavier 0

Featured Replies

WHAS HS Gametime

 

Check out Magicman Mike's post game comments and the implication that Trinity ran up the score. Who was it that faked the Field Goal in the 4th quarter of the championship game last year Mike? Margin of victory was so high because of the way that X played?

 

When the head coach of a program (not fans, players, moms, alums) is explaining to the media minutes after a loss that the score really is not as bad as it looks because we went for it on 4th down and the other team kept pounding the ball trying to score, there is a problem.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to boast about. Move on. Next week, starts part two of our season. Put this one behind us, and move on.

 

:rolleyes::rolleyes: I got put my boots on with this comment!

So T covered the 31 point LIT spread? :sssh:

 

As I posted on another thread, it is one thing to run a "go" route in the 4th qtr to go up 40-0 in 1995 (though that was before my time) or a fake FG to rub it in at last year's state final; it is quite another thing when your back-up QB hands off to your back-up RB up the middle for a 31 yard TD run. if you cannot stop that then you cannot claim they were running up the score. If Trinity had wanted to score 50+ you would have seen Wright, Quick, Bishop, et. al. in there on the final possessions, but they were not. I believe T's back-up QB is better than X's starter. T's #2, #3, & #4 receivers are better than any receiver that X has, and back-up RB Dawkins is every bit as good or better than McMurray. Having said all that I was VERY impressed with the T defense. And there were only a few seniors with several sophs and jrs. I thought the defense was not going to play as well as it did, but if this is a harbinger of the future, then O...M...G.

DITTO! :jump:

 

 

 

I don't like the word "quit" in this situation...but yes he chose to play fall baseball. In fact, UK saw him pitch last week against Trinity and offered him a scholarship three days later. Turns out he made a wise decision. The kid can throw a football, but he was told he wasn't needed to do that at St.X anymore.

Congrats to T on the win. I predicted T would come out on top but didn't think it would be like that. :eek: Many fine athletes to watch over the next couple of years.

When the head coach of a program (not fans, players, moms, alums) is explaining to the media minutes after a loss that the score really is not as bad as it looks because we went for it on 4th down and the other team kept pounding the ball trying to score, there is a problem.

 

You got to remember Glaser is all about the kids. He doesn't take advantage of teams he has already soundly defeated. Right! I think it's time for old Mike to take the high road for a change.

We don't have an effective quaterback on the team. We had one, but he was forced to move to WR as a junior last year to make way for the one we saw most tonight. After showing a stronger arm, better vision, and better decison making ability as a freshman and sophmore he was told he had to move to receiver because his teammate just "made things happen" at QB. Leonhert elected not to play this year as he was not going to be given a chance to compete for the QB job. This is the worst personnel blunder I've witnessed in watching Tiger football for over 30 years.

In any event, Rocks were by far the better team regardless of who was at QB for the Tigers.

 

Interesting how St.X's troubles this year mirror Trinity's last year. The difference, Trinity has much more talent waiting to see the field. It could be another three year run. Here's to 20,21 & 22!!!!!

Let's remember one thing: in 2005, first game was X 48-16; second (championship) game was T 14-6. Let's stay focused.

Let's remember one thing: in 2005, first game was X 48-16; second (championship) game was T 14-6. Let's stay focused.

 

If X doesn't significantly improve, it seems that Ballard may be the bigger roadblock?

Let's remember one thing: in 2005, first game was X 48-16; second (championship) game was T 14-6. Let's stay focused.

 

I agree. Let's not celebrate too much until we are hoisting up number 20.

Unfortunately it looks like a runaway this year. I don't see any 6A team or any team in KY beating Trinity this year.

 

You are correct.

Travis Wright played his best game of the season so far tonight. He looked composed, collected and just fantastic.

 

I agree he looked great.

I've got to hand it to Alan60, Tigercat and Oxnard. They told us weeks ago this would be a blowout. You guys sure do know your Tigers! Kudos for the prognostications!

 

CR

 

WEll said. I concur. I will never doubt or question those Gentlemen again.:thumb:

I have to tip my hat to Ox, Alan and all the other tiger boosters. I really thought they were just making noise when they talked about how much better Trinity was than X. We should have listened. I'd also like to tip my hat to the St X students that stayed to the end to support their classmates (both of them).

Let's remember one thing: in 2005, first game was X 48-16; second (championship) game was T 14-6. Let's stay focused.

 

Absolutely.

Still many more possible stumbling blocks ahead.

Especially the end of the Month when the NEW KING OF THE PUBLICS comes over for a visit.!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.