Trinity 48 St. Xavier 0

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a chance to watch the replay of the game. It reinforced what I thought at the game. This was a completely dominating performance, BUT, in a lot of ways it reminded me of the 2005 regular season game. It has the potential to also mirror the 2005 playoff game. X completly dominated the line of scrimmage in the 2005 regular season game. X just rammed the ball down our throats in the regular season game and on the first drive of the playoff game. After that, the Trinity defense stiffened and the whole game changed. In this years game Travis Wright had all day to pass. No one is going to control Trinity without getting pressure on Wright. If they do, it has the potential to be as big a change in the game as the Trinity line stiffening was in the 2005 playoff game. It is all about match-ups. If the result of the o-line match-up changes, it can be a huge change in the game. If the anticipated rematch occurs we will need to prepare as if we lost the first game.

Got a chance to watch the replay of the game. It reinforced what I thought at the game. This was a completely dominating performance, BUT, in a lot of ways it reminded me of the 2005 regular season game. It has the potential to also mirror the 2005 playoff game. X completly dominated the line of scrimmage in the 2005 regular season game. X just rammed the ball down our throats in the regular season game and on the first drive of the playoff game. After that, the Trinity defense stiffened and the whole game changed. In this years game Travis Wright had all day to pass. No one is going to control Trinity without getting pressure on Wright. If they do, it has the potential to be as big a change in the game as the Trinity line stiffening was in the 2005 playoff game. It is all about match-ups. If the result of the o-line match-up changes, it can be a huge change in the game. If the anticipated rematch occurs we will need to prepare as if we lost the first game.

Trinity is an injury away to Wright to being on the level with St.X and a couple other teams. Much like X last year when Brian B. was injured.

Trinity is an injury away to Wright to being on the level with St.X and a couple other teams. Much like X last year when Brian B. was injured.

Though i've never seen him in action, they say T's back-up QB started 2 varsity games in FL last season, supposedly at Tim Tebow's alma mater... I would think that James Quick would be the more key player that they cannot lose.

Wasnt it 48-0? How many TDs did Bishop have? Quick? Dawkins? Sure, it wouldn't be a good thing if Wright got injured, but I think we'd be ok in the end.

I disagree. T's backup, Wolfe, is very good and actually has the stronger arm. Besides that, our offense was responsbile for the lopsided victory, not Wright.

Very astute post! It also coincides with the second series of the game when Brent Curley broke a bone in his foot. X game plan totally out of sync when Curley kept playing until being relieved midway thru the 3rd quarter.

Very astute post! It also coincides with the second series of the game when Brent Curley broke a bone in his foot. X game plan totally out of sync when Curley kept playing until being relieved midway thru the 3rd quarter.

Trinity cannot become complacent or there could be a terrible surprise awaiting them, if X is indeed a playoff opponent.