Trinity 48 St. Xavier 0

There is so much temptation on my part to throw a few qoutes from the past few years back at Coach Glaser but I'll refrain for now. Much of it depends on his comments in the CJ in the morning. Did anyone hear his pre-game comments?

That was fun.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first game ever between the schools was a 48-0 Tiger win. That was in 1956. In 1964, St. X won 46-6. In 1995, X won 40-0, and in 2005, X won the regular season game 48-16. Trinity has had some 21-0 wins over the years and actually, until tonight, scored over 30 points one time (2007 OT win where they scored 34). I don't think there have many teams EVER to hang one like this on X. Maybe a Flaget when Sputnik was in the air or Male when Redman's visor was new.

Trinity looked pretty solid tonight. They finally got the ball to Quick more--8 catches in the first half. X's QB's did not look real comfortable passing the ball. I thought T was superior in all phases. I'm very happy where T is now after weathering a tough early season schedule. The players seem to enjoy playing the game and playing with one another as teammates. That is a recipe for a winner.

After pondering the game for a while perhaps the second most stunning fact - after the score - was the fact that St. X looked so lost.

I have seen a lot of X games through the years but they looked awful. They had one - maybe two - delay of game, never had a pass route that wasn't a single receiver route, had the too many men on the field penalty (after the change to the fourth quarter) and then had to call timeout after that. Just weird to see X look to normal.

Plus, Trinity does have some talent. Wow!

CONGRATS ROCKS. Way to go. Predicted a win but no idea it would be by this much. The X Ballard and Male victories had me confused. Perhaps Alan, Ox, et all were correct when they were so heavy in their praise and predictions for this Rock edition.

Still a long way to go - but I have heard it said many times since the summer...that....."if they don't get us this year..........watch out." Perhaps such may not be that far off base.

Great win and way to get a bit of a payback from last year.:ylsuper:

The first game ever between the schools was a 48-0 Tiger win. That was in 1956. In 1964, St. X won 46-6. In 1995, X won 40-0, and in 2005, X won the regular season game 48-16. Trinity has had some 21-0 wins over the years and actually, until tonight, scored over 30 points one time (2007 OT win where they scored 34). I don't think there have many teams EVER to hang one like this on X. Maybe a Flaget when Sputnik was in the air or Male when Redman's visor was new.

Male put 52 up on them in the playoffs in 2002 with Mike Bush as QB.

X does not like to play people both ways and they are banged up but Hall and Beach need to go both ways at this point. They would also be better off running a true option attack IMO rather than this 4 wide spread attack.

I understand the desire to move into a more open offense for flexibility and all, but Mike Glaser really has been a running game guy for the last 20 years. It is hard to switch up like that and it is especially hard when the QB hasn't been there the whole season to get in rhythm with the WRs.

I will say this though, Lamont McMurry was very impressive in my mind. The Tigers have some talent and are better than this showing illustrated, they seemed lost out there mentally tonight.