Lafayette 2010/2011

Got to see Lafayette play 4 times at the end of last season:

vs. Clark Co. (at Lafayette, and on senior night, so with different starters/line-ups)

vs. Lexington Catholic (at Tates Creek in the first round of the district)

vs. Tates Creek (at Tates Creek in the district final)

vs. Scott Co. (at EKU, 11th Region Final)

In my opinion, a successful year probably means finding a consistent #3 option to the inside-outside combo of Davis, and Yarbrough, who I was really impressed with in the Lexington Catholic game. They will greatly miss Hagans, and I felt that both of Walker kids were underrated after seeing them play. Replicating last year's overall depth, especially off of the bench, will be a tough task for the Generals.

However, should Davis' game continue to develop, Yarbrough handles the increased expectations that will come with his seniority on the team, and their finding a solid, consistent option to develop at the #3-#4 spots in their line-up (relative to scoring productivity), Lafayette should be in for a solid year.

The comments may seem overly generic, but are still pretty accurate, as they have the foundation for a solid team in place and are carrying some of last year's momentum into this season.

• 4 weeks later...
Got to see Lafayette play 4 times at the end of last season:

vs. Clark Co. (at Lafayette, and on senior night, so with different starters/line-ups)

vs. Lexington Catholic (at Tates Creek in the first round of the district)

vs. Tates Creek (at Tates Creek in the district final)

vs. Scott Co. (at EKU, 11th Region Final)

In my opinion, a successful year probably means finding a consistent #3 option to the inside-outside combo of Davis, and Yarbrough, who I was really impressed with in the Lexington Catholic game. They will greatly miss Hagans, and I felt that both of Walker kids were underrated after seeing them play. Replicating last year's overall depth, especially off of the bench, will be a tough task for the Generals.

However, should Davis' game continue to develop, Yarbrough handles the increased expectations that will come with his seniority on the team, and their finding a solid, consistent option to develop at the #3-#4 spots in their line-up (relative to scoring productivity), Lafayette should be in for a solid year.

The comments may seem overly generic, but are still pretty accurate, as they have the foundation for a solid team in place and are carrying some of last year's momentum into this season.

Good post. I think a big key will be Tanner Napier. Hes shown glimpses of being great at times and then at other times you can't even tell hes out there. If Davis keeps developing and Napier steps up it should be a good season for Lafayette.