August 4, 201016 yr Very true! Trent is the worst QB to ever win a super bowl, but that he was back by one of the best defenses in history. I do think Cincy has an improved D, but will be 3rd best in the division (imo of course)... No offense but what is your opinion based off of, because it obviously isn't any facts?
August 4, 201016 yr No offense but what is your opinion based off of, because it obviously isn't any facts? His yellow and black blinded bias....
August 4, 201016 yr Very true! Trent is the worst QB to ever win a super bowl, but that he was back by one of the best defenses in history. I do think Cincy has an improved D, but will be 3rd best in the division (imo of course)... May I ask what you are smoking? What was the Bengals record ITD last season? Bengals sweep the division. Steelers are on a serious downward slide. You are a funny person PC.
August 4, 201016 yr May I ask what you are smoking? What was the Bengals record ITD last season? Bengals sweep the division. Steelers are on a serious downward slide. You are a funny person PC. I am a funny guy... :lol::thumb: With all jokes aside, Steelers D is better in every position with the exception of CB... If Troy was healthy last year, I feel we win another division crown. Better D line. Way better LB's Way better Safteys
August 4, 201016 yr Aaron Rodgers hasn't been a starter as long as Palmer. Not even anywhere near a legit comparison IMO. Ok, then what about Brees? He was elite beofre last year started and he had a career 1-2 record in the playoffs. Playoff success can depend on a lot more than how good one player is. You can cherry pick stuff to help your argument all you want, but to say Palmer wasn't elite in 05 when he threw for over 3800 yards with 32 TD's to only 12 INT's and had a QB rating over 101 is kind of a bad argument.
August 4, 201016 yr I am a funny guy... :lol::thumb: With all jokes aside, Steelers D is better in every position with the exception of CB... If Troy was healthy last year, I feel we win another division crown. Better D line. Way better LB's Way better Safteys If Leftwich starts the team off 1-3 I don't know if it will matter.
August 4, 201016 yr Ok, then what about Brees? He was elite beofre last year started and he had a career 1-2 record in the playoffs. Playoff success can depend on a lot more than how good one player is. You can cherry pick stuff to help your argument all you want, but to say Palmer wasn't elite in 05 when he threw for over 3800 yards with 32 TD's to only 12 INT's and had a QB rating over 101 is kind of a bad argument. One season? Sorry, I can't just give a guy alot of love off of one or two seasons. I don't really want to give Rodgers any love either...yet.
August 4, 201016 yr Ok, then what about Brees? He was elite beofre last year started and he had a career 1-2 record in the playoffs. Playoff success can depend on a lot more than how good one player is. You can cherry pick stuff to help your argument all you want, but to say Palmer wasn't elite in 05 when he threw for over 3800 yards with 32 TD's to only 12 INT's and had a QB rating over 101 is kind of a bad argument. I'm struggling with the what we are talking about here. I agree that in 05 Palmer was considered an elite QB. But that was 5 years ago. Why are we talking about 5 years ago?
August 4, 201016 yr One season? Sorry, I can't just give a guy alot of love off of one or two seasons. I don't really want to give Rodgers any love either...yet. But you still ranked Rodgers 4th one spot ahead of Ben who has won two superbowls? In 06 Palmer had over 4000 yards w/ 28 TD's, 13 INT's, and a QB rating of 93.9. He was an elite QB in everyone's mind. The year after that he had over 4100 yards w/ 26 TD's. In 08 he only played 4 games and was hurt. Last year he had only 1 threat to throw to and he still managed to beat good teams before the injury to Henry. He's not top 5, but nobody is ranking him there. How is he overrated? Drew Brees only has 2 years ever throwing more than 30 TD's and it's the last 2 years and everyone considers him elite. It has a lot to do w/ systems and players around you.
August 4, 201016 yr I'm struggling with the what we are talking about here. I agree that in 05 Palmer was considered an elite QB. But that was 5 years ago. Why are we talking about 5 years ago? Don't pay attention to it then. CCC said Palmer was never elite.
August 4, 201016 yr If Leftwich starts the team off 1-3 I don't know if it will matter. I agree, I don't want to see Ben come in and play catch up the whole season.
August 4, 201016 yr But you still ranked Rodgers 4th one spot ahead of Ben who has won two superbowls? In 06 Palmer had over 4000 yards w/ 28 TD's, 13 INT's, and a QB rating of 93.9. He was an elite QB in everyone's mind. The year after that he had over 4100 yards w/ 26 TD's. In 08 he only played 4 games and was hurt. Last year he had only 1 threat to throw to and he still managed to beat good teams before the injury to Henry. He's not top 5, but nobody is ranking him there. How is he overrated? Drew Brees only has 2 years ever throwing more than 30 TD's and it's the last 2 years and everyone considers him elite. It has a lot to do w/ systems and players around you. It was the rankings going forward I assumed. If we're only going on to date, yeah Big Ben is light years ahead of Rodgers to me. I thought it was talking about this up coming year. I think he's overrated because every Bengals fan says that his struggles are only because he got injured and had little talent around him. No one else as a whole seems to think that. Maybe he'll rebound this year and maybe he won't. Until he does, I look at his two good seasons as the exception and not the rule for Palmer. He has not proven to be much more than average other than those years to me, no matter what the excuse is.
August 4, 201016 yr Author It was the rankings going forward I assumed. If we're only going on to date, yeah Big Ben is light years ahead of Rodgers to me. I thought it was talking about this up coming year. I think he's overrated because every Bengals fan says that his struggles are only because he got injured and had little talent around him. No one else as a whole seems to think that. Maybe he'll rebound this year and maybe he won't. Until he does, I look at his two good seasons as the exception and not the rule for Palmer. He has not proven to be much more than average other than those years to me, no matter what the excuse is. He has more good seasons, than he has bad. So if a guy has more good seasons than bad, then wouldn't the exception be the bad years or I should just say year. 2004 was his first year playing. After a year of experience on his belt, he showed what he could do with great 2005 and 2006 seasons. In 2007 it was not as great as the previous two, however he still threw for 4000 yards and 26 touchdowns, so that is still better than just average. 2008 he played 3 games, and a game and a half of those 3 games came after he hurt that elbow. So 2009 would be really his only bad year, and yet he was still good enough, especially when he had to be to get the team to the playoffs. So I am not really sure what your basing your statement on here. Since the rule would be that he is a good QB, since he has had more good than bad years. So the exception would be the one bad year which was last year, and its funny that we say a QB who made the playoffs had a bad year. So it kinds of shows that last year was the exception of what is usually expected out of him.
August 4, 201016 yr It was the rankings going forward I assumed. If we're only going on to date, yeah Big Ben is light years ahead of Rodgers to me. I thought it was talking about this up coming year. I think he's overrated because every Bengals fan says that his struggles are only because he got injured and had little talent around him. No one else as a whole seems to think that. Maybe he'll rebound this year and maybe he won't. Until he does, I look at his two good seasons as the exception and not the rule for Palmer. He has not proven to be much more than average other than those years to me, no matter what the excuse is. The only thing wrong with your argument is he only played 16 games 4 times. Last year was a down year no doubt and some fans do think he's better than last years numbers showed. But they didn't throw it much last year. They were ground and pound. Palmer's supposed bad year as a starter to you besides last year was 07 when he had over 4100 yards and 26 TD's and completed 65% of his passes. That's not bad. If he gets his completion percentage to 65 or above this year they will be very good IMO.
August 4, 201016 yr Author The only thing wrong with your argument is he only played 16 games 4 times. Last year was a down year no doubt and some fans do think he's better than last years numbers showed. But they didn't throw it much last year. They were ground and pound. Palmer's supposed bad year as a starter to you besides last year was 07 when he had over 4100 yards and 26 TD's and completed 65% of his passes. That's not bad. If he gets his completion percentage to 65 or above this year they will be very good IMO. That is why I always argue with people about Palmer. He really did only have one bad year by his standards and that was last season. Yet he was still good enough when it mattered most at the end of the games to get his team to the playoffs. 2007 he put up great numbers, yeah they weren't as great as 2006 and 2007. However they were still great, and lets not forget Henry was suspended for 8 games and Rudi Johnson ran for only 600 yards that year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.