Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Carson Palmer Thread

Featured Replies

Where did I say that? And where in the world do you get that I want to say he's top 5 or 10? Please show me one time I've said that. I've said numerous times that before the injuries he was thought of as a top 5 QB. That's a fact. You can dispute it all you want, but it's 100% the truth.

 

I said he's got no more excuses. If you've paid any attention at all to Bengals threads in the past, I'm about as critical of Palmer as they come. He's got more talent around him now than ever before. If he wants to prove he's one of the better QBs in the league, he's got his chance with this year's team.

 

Then I don't see what our argument is over. You don't think he's top 10 and neither do I. Sure people said he was Elite before, but that has obviously been misplaced hype given his struggles over the last few years.:idunno:

  • Replies 202
  • Views 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Palmer was right where Aaron Rodgers is today...assuming production is maintained, playoff success away from joining the top tier of NFL QB's.

 

In Palmer's case, he suffered the combination of a significant injury and a team in transition. The Bengals o-line and running game collapsed, so it's not likely any QB would have set the world on fire in the same situation. They morphed into a physical, punishing football team last season, but he only had one real receiving option in CJ. Again, not a recipe for great production from the QB position.

 

I do agree that this is a big season for Palmer, but nobody knows how he'll perform. I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt. No QB takes the field as good as they were when returning from injury. However, most of them don't have to deal with a team that has fallen apart and is transitioning to a new identity at the same time.

 

The Bengals are one of those teams that IF things click for them in 2010, they could easily be in Dallas at season's end. If they can build on what they established with the running game and defense last season, the passing game has the potential to be explosive. They could be a complete football team. Carson is a huge piece of that "if". We'll see.

My point is that they were wrong. He had a good run but it didn't sustain itself. Blame it on injuries or lack of talent if you want, but he is average now. There really aren't many long term effects from his injury so I think that excuse is about as weak as it gets. He was overrated then and you overrate him now.

 

In the other thread you just used the Mike Vick argument that sitting out two years is what is the major cause for downfall in his career. Whats the difference in Palmer sitting out over a year with a knee injury!!!?? What a loser, blows everything in his knee to bits and is now just average, what a sucker. :rolleyes:

Just let this sink in guys, Rex Grossman has more playoff wins than Palmer.....Elite :lol:.

 

:laugh: :sssh: :laugh: :lol: :laugh:

 

 

:popcorn:

In the other thread you just used the Mike Vick argument that sitting out two years is what is the major cause for downfall in his career. Whats the difference in Palmer sitting out over a year with a knee injury!!!?? What a loser, blows everything in his knee to bits and is now just average, what a sucker. :rolleyes:

 

When did Carson sit out a year with a knee injury? Let's get our facts straight right here on his injuries. He tore up his knee in Jan. 2006 in the playoff game against Pittsburgh but came back and played every game in 2006 although he did look very tentative and gun shy the whole season and the Bengals went 8-8. In Dec. 2007 he hurt his shoulder and it was thought that he had a torn rotator cuff but he finished the season and the Bengals finished 7-9 with Carson playing all 16 games. It was 2008 that he missed 12 games and that was due to a frayed elbow ligament and it was thought that he would undergo Tommy John surgery to repair it. He chose rest and rehab instead and I believe that was the main reason he struggled last year. He just did not look at all like his arm was 100% healthy and as we all know he had little help from the receiving corps that he had to work with. This year he is a year removed from the elbow problem and has some receivers that look like they can stretch the field. I guess we shall see.

:laugh: :sssh: :laugh: :lol: :laugh:

 

 

:popcorn:

 

An Trent Dilfer has a SB ring, is he better than Dan Marino? Dumbest point of any of these arguments.

No matter how you slice or dice it, Palmer needs a big season. If not, the Gals are drafting a QB with their #1 next year. IMO, they should have picked one this past draft in the middle to late rounds. personally, I don't think he gets it done. Hopefully I'm wrong.

In the other thread you just used the Mike Vick argument that sitting out two years is what is the major cause for downfall in his career. Whats the difference in Palmer sitting out over a year with a knee injury!!!?? What a loser, blows everything in his knee to bits and is now just average, what a sucker. :rolleyes:

 

Mike Vick sat out two years in prison.

 

Palmer has had injuries that even when he did sit out he could get rehab from great doctors and could still be around football.

 

Not sure how that even compares or could possibly be a valid point?

No matter how you slice or dice it, Palmer needs a big season. If not, the Gals are drafting a QB with their #1 next year. IMO, they should have picked one this past draft in the middle to late rounds. personally, I don't think he gets it done. Hopefully I'm wrong.

 

 

That's not going to happen he is locked in through 2014. They might take one in 2012.

An Trent Dilfer has a SB ring, is he better than Dan Marino? Dumbest point of any of these arguments.

 

:lol: I was hoping what I said would get a little more response before now.

 

It is the truth though. But for your comparison at least Marino does have some wins in the playoffs. Palmer has never won any games there, which for such a long tenured veteran "Elite" QB is pretty pathetic.

That's not going to happen he is locked in through 2014. They might take one in 2012.

Really? All we are hearing about this season, is that CP is the key. It's either put up or shutup for the franchise QB. If he doesn't post big numbers, he's not going to want to stick around. I'm sure 81 and 85 will see to that. And if he doesn't perform, you think the Gals should just hold on to their mediocre QB, because he has a contract? Now I could never predict what Mikey Boy will do as far as running the club, but I think I new direction would come sooner than later. Palmer has a big year, then this is moot. We'll see.

Really? All we are hearing about this season, is that CP is the key. It's either put up or shutup for the franchise QB. If he doesn't post big numbers, he's not going to want to stick around. I'm sure 81 and 85 will see to that. And if he doesn't perform, you think the Gals should just hold on to their mediocre QB, because he has a contract? Now I could never predict what Mikey Boy will do as far as running the club, but I think I new direction would come sooner than later. Palmer has a big year, then this is moot. We'll see.

 

We all know what Mikey boy will do, the wrong thing.

:lol: I was hoping what I said would get a little more response before now.

 

It is the truth though. But for your comparison at least Marino does have some wins in the playoffs. Palmer has never won any games there, which for such a long tenured veteran "Elite" QB is pretty pathetic.

 

Where do you have Aaron Rodgers ranked? He has the same amount of wins as Palmer. They've both only completed one game each in the playoffs. Drew Brees was probably considered elite before last year. He was 1-2 going into last year. Trent Dilfer is 5-1 in the playoffs. When does he go into the hall? I don't think it's fair to put Carson down b/c he has an idiot owner. Palmer wasn't nearly as good last year as he was in 05. To say he wasn't elite in 05 is wrong IMO. He had some unfortunate things to hamper him since. He's clearly not top 5 now.

Where do you have Aaron Rodgers ranked? He has the same amount of wins as Palmer. They've both only completed one game each in the playoffs. Drew Brees was probably considered elite before last year. He was 1-2 going into last year. Trent Dilfer is 5-1 in the playoffs. When does he go into the hall? I don't think it's fair to put Carson down b/c he has an idiot owner. Palmer wasn't nearly as good last year as he was in 05. To say he wasn't elite in 05 is wrong IMO. He had some unfortunate things to hamper him since. He's clearly not top 5 now.

 

Aaron Rodgers hasn't been a starter as long as Palmer. Not even anywhere near a legit comparison IMO.

An Trent Dilfer has a SB ring, is he better than Dan Marino? Dumbest point of any of these arguments.

 

Very true! Trent is the worst QB to ever win a super bowl, but that he was back by one of the best defenses in history. I do think Cincy has an improved D, but will be 3rd best in the division (imo of course)...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.