Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Carson Palmer Thread

Featured Replies

You are right, the defnese and Benson played big parts last year. Without Palmer though last year, how do you think they do? I don't see any better than 4 or 5 wins. What year since he became starter have they been just horrible? The one year he didn't play. Yes it takes all three parts for a team to be great, which I have mentioned. However some of you act like this team needs a new QB. Yet this team would be awful without him, especially with how bad they are at finding QB's.

When you say without Palmer, then you mean with JT at the helm? Yes 4 wins probably. Let's hope that if CP was not playing last season, the club would have replaced him with someone halfway decent, and I think a seviceable QB could have had the same results as Palmer, at least in the home playoff loss.

  • Replies 202
  • Views 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
It comes down to a, what have you done for me lately, thing. 05 was 5 years ago. CP didn't shine in his latest playoff game. As far as a marathon, we are at least 18 miles into the Carson Palmer marathon. The finish line draws nearer as we speak.

 

Have I not said a few times now, that now is the time when he needs to get the team over the next hump? I just don't see how we can say he has been a disappointment so far. I know I sure haven't let the little bit of success we had make me forget how bad of a franchise we were before Palmer, or how many QB's we went through before him. Do I wish we had even more success than this, no doubt I do. I mean who wouldn't. However I don't know if some of you have noticed, but during this process we won two division titles, and now are considered as a team that can win the super bowl. We have all the ingredients needed for it, we have talent of offense, talent on defense, the one thing that could hurt is the field goal kicker. We are still weak there apparently.

 

My point is we are now in a position to be where want to be, yet people still complain and say he has been a disappointment? I'm sorry that I actually enjoy having a QB that helps us win games. I know I don't have as much faith as some of you all do in this franchise going out and finding a better QB, or grooming a QB who could be better. I will stick behind the guy who has shown he can help us win games, and now has bascially a complete team to make at it.

  • Author
When you say without Palmer, then you mean with JT at the helm? Yes 4 wins probably. Let's hope that if CP was not playing last season, the club would have replaced him with someone halfway decent, and I think a seviceable QB could have had the same results as Palmer, at least in the home playoff loss.

 

Wow how quickly we forget how bad this team is at finding QB's. You have more faith in them than I do. Yeah bringing someone who was a serviceable QB would have done the same. Even though he would been working with no receivers, besides Chad however would have had no chemistry with him like Palmer. Would have been learning a new system, and working with no TE's to throw to bascially. He also would have been clutch at the end of games to lead them to wins. Yet a serviceable QB would have gave the same results as Palmer? Wow!

Wow how quickly we forget how bad this team is at finding QB's. You have more faith in them than I do. Yeah bringing someone who was a serviceable QB would have done the same. Even though he would been working with no receivers, besides Chad however would have had no chemistry with him like Palmer. Would have been learning a new system, and working with no TE's to throw to bascially. He also would have been clutch at the end of games to lead them to wins. Yet a serviceable QB would have gave the same results as Palmer? Wow!

Well at least in the playoff game. There are teams that have success without the service as a QB as great as Palmer. I will end in saying, Carson was an elite QB, I think we agree there. He also was a part of last season's success. I think we agree there. He will be heavily scrutinized this season. I think we agree there. If asked about his career. i doubt Carson would classify it as where he wants it to be. We may not agree there. Let's hope Carson has a great season and you are gloating in Jan. See you back here after the 1st game.

2009 team no doubt. Who was the one quarterbacking the team, and led game winning drives? Oh yeah it was that disappointing average QB you talk about in Palmer. How did the team do in 2008 when Palmer didn't play, even though as you say they kept adding talent to the team since Palmer has been there? What did they go 4-11-1? With basically the same team last year as that 4-11 team, they swept the division and made the playoffs. Yes Palmer lost IN THE ONE PLAYOFF GAME HE GOT TO PLAY IN. So what was the main difference in that 4-11 team and last year division champs? That is right the QB in Palmer, not to mention they did that last year without having TJ like in 2008. If Palmer does not play last year, they are a 4 or 5 win team AT BEST.

 

Your last statment is right, we will see this year. As we talked about before with our bet, one of us will be right and the other will be having to admit they were wrong.

 

Okay, let's not compare an average NFL QB in Palmer to a scrub in Fitzpatrick. The difference in 2009 and 2008 was that in 2009 they had a guy who was average instead of a guy who couldn't light up a good college defense.

True, however how close were they to even making the playoffs before him? With as bad of a franchise as we were, you all have to realize it will go a step at a time. Its a marathon not a sprint when it comes to being so bad, to eventually a possible Super Bowl contender like this year.

 

My question to some of you all would be what if Palmer got to play in that 2005 playoff game, and did win that game and then say lost to the Colts the next game. What would you all say about him then? Does one game where he didn't even get to play, make that big of a difference to the opinion you all have of him? Or is it just a convient thing for you all to use in an argument. All these other QB's that some have talked about, would not have had their moments if they had an injury like that. What if Brees tears his knee up on his first play in the playoffs last year. He does not win a super bowl, and is he not as great now as people think of him right now? The same can be said about a few QB's. Its hard to use the playoff thing against him IMO, and then say other guys because they have won playoff games. 2005 we will never know, 2006 he did everything he could but special teams lost it. 2007 yes they just weren't good enough, and 2008 he didn't play. IMO its just not a good argument to use when you look at the big picture.

 

If he had won that game and things were still the way they are now, I would say he was a two year wonder and then fell off. Don't give me 2007 either when he had 20 picks.

  • Author
If he had won that game and things were still the way they are now, I would say he was a two year wonder and then fell off. Don't give me 2007 either when he had 20 picks.

 

So I guess you would say that Drew Brees has only been a good QB once in the last 3 years then right? Considering in 2007 he threw 18 picks, and 2008 he threw 17. I mean if you don't want to count that year, then I guess you don't count 07 and 08 good years either then for Brees? So maybe we should consider last year the exception for Brees and not the rule with him being an elite QB? I am sure you will say something though how it doesn't matter with him though.

I'll just take the ignore route.

 

I would try a different option too if my argument was based on making stuff up that someone else said.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.