Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Carson Palmer Thread

Featured Replies

Where did I say no other QB has had an injury?

 

When you said no other #1 pick has had to go through stuff as tough as Palmer.

 

Whatever man it's pointless arguing with you. You aren't even comprehending what you said, let alone what I said.

 

As for saying No other QB ever got hurt I don't remember you saying that. It was implied though when you say Carson has had it rougher than any other #1 pick and you mention injuries as an excuse for why he hasn't been as good as what was once thought.

 

As for what I'm arguing about with you, you said Carson came into the worst situation of all #1 pick QBs. Then I called you out on that, and you said you didn't say it. I put it in huge red font. Maybe you're the one with a reading problem because you've been talking about something that I didn't even mention other than sarcastically asking if any other #1 picks had ever had injuries about 50 post ago. Look at the first thing you quoted when we started going down this road and then come back.

 

Comprehension???

 

I think Palmer has had it tougher than any other #1 ever. The reasons are, but not limited to: Mike Brown. Two major injuries in his first 5 years as a starting QB.

  • Replies 202
  • Views 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever man it's pointless arguing with you. You aren't even comprehending what you said, let alone what I said.

 

As for saying No other QB ever got hurt I don't remember you saying that. It was implied though when you say Carson has had it rougher than any other #1 pick and you mention injuries as an excuse for why he hasn't been as good as what was once thought.

 

As for what I'm arguing about with you, you said Carson came into the worst situation of all #1 pick QBs. Then I called you out on that, and you said you didn't say it. I put it in huge red font. Maybe you're the one with a reading problem because you've been talking about something that I didn't even mention other than sarcastically asking if any other #1 picks had ever had injuries about 50 post ago. Look at the first thing you quoted when we started going down this road and then come back.

 

I have no dog in this fight, but...

 

That's not what you or him said. He asked you where he said no other QBs had dealt with injuries, and you proceeded to post quotes talking about how Carson came into a worse situation than other #1 pick QBs, which is what he had been saying from the beginning...

I have no dog in this fight, but...

 

That's not what you or him said. He asked you where he said no other QBs had dealt with injuries, and you proceeded to post quotes talking about how Carson came into a worse situation than other #1 pick QBs, which is what he had been saying from the beginning...

 

I didn't answer his question because I thought it came from left field. I never accused him of saying no other #1 pick had injuries, I simply asked a sarcastic question.

Comprehension???

 

I think Palmer has had it tougher than any other #1 ever. The reasons are, but not limited to: Mike Brown. Two major injuries in his first 5 years as a starting QB.

 

Thank you that's the question I have been asking all along. We both already know the answer to other #1 picks having injuries which is why I didn't respond. I didn't say that you said that, I was being sarcastic when I posted the "other #1's haven't had injuries" because in Palmer's case I think it's a weak argument.

I didn't answer his question because I thought it came from left field. I never accused him of saying no other #1 pick had injuries, I simply asked a sarcastic question.

 

Who's backtracking now?

Who's backtracking now?

 

What are you talking about? Sometimes I don't even know why I respond :idunno:. It always ends up being something totally ridiculous when I discuss something on here with you.

What are you talking about? Sometimes I don't even know why I respond :idunno:. It always ends up being something totally ridiculous when I discuss something on here with you.

 

Just let it go. It's easier. You get called out by someone else and start talking about implications and sarcastic questions. I stated my opinion on why Palmer has had it harder than any other 1. If you want to discuss why that is wrong it's better than sarcastic questions and false accusations.

Just let it go. It's easier. You get called out by someone else and start talking about implications and sarcastic questions. I stated my opinion on why Palmer has had it harder than any other 1. If you want to discuss why that is wrong it's better than sarcastic questions and false accusations.

 

I'll just take the ignore route.

In terms of adding offensive players, I think the Bengals have made effort there. They added Coles last year and he was a bust. They added Benson and he was the best offensive move they had made in some time.

 

No question as FutureCoach said that the lack of a true GM is a major problem for the Bengals. Because I think Simpson has talent, but don't know if he can't read the playbook or why he can't get on the field. I think the offensive addition of Leonard was huge last year, but now he is hurt. Remember the Bengals hung onto Perry for a long time.

 

As to Palmer and Marvin for that matter-can you name any other starting quarterbak or head coach that has been in their slots as long as these two that have not won a playoff game? I cannot. The coach of the year is a fraud, and Palmer, the Heisman trophy winner hasn't delivered a playoff win.

  • Author
Yup I can't read. You can't admit what you said. I guess we're even.

 

 

 

See UKMF's post. A savvy sports guy like yourself has certainly realized that coaches are more often to be the target of criticism than teammates of players. Not everyone is TO and throws their teammates under the bus especially to fans.

 

 

 

What team was more talented the 2009 Bengals or the 2003 Bengals? You are biased. I'm biased. Everyone is biased. Not exactly a novel concept.

 

I don't have a thing against the Bengals, I like alot of their players. Its the fans that kill me. But, don't worry if Carson shows out I'll be the first one on here saying I was wrong. But I'm not going to give him credit for yards, I don't give Schaub much love and I won't Carson or anyone else either. I want to see him make plays like Big Ben does or other top QBs.

 

I would expect you to do the same thing if Caron doesn't play well and gets exposed like I think he will. No more excuses.

 

2009 team no doubt. Who was the one quarterbacking the team, and led game winning drives? Oh yeah it was that disappointing average QB you talk about in Palmer. How did the team do in 2008 when Palmer didn't play, even though as you say they kept adding talent to the team since Palmer has been there? What did they go 4-11-1? With basically the same team last year as that 4-11 team, they swept the division and made the playoffs. Yes Palmer lost IN THE ONE PLAYOFF GAME HE GOT TO PLAY IN. So what was the main difference in that 4-11 team and last year division champs? That is right the QB in Palmer, not to mention they did that last year without having TJ like in 2008. If Palmer does not play last year, they are a 4 or 5 win team AT BEST.

 

Your last statment is right, we will see this year. As we talked about before with our bet, one of us will be right and the other will be having to admit they were wrong.

2009 team no doubt. Who was the one quarterbacking the team, and led game winning drives? Oh yeah it was that disappointing average QB you talk about in Palmer. How did the team do in 2008 when Palmer didn't play, even though as you say they kept adding talent to the team since Palmer has been there? What did they go 4-11-1? With basically the same team last year as that 4-11 team, they swept the division and made the playoffs. Yes Palmer lost IN THE ONE PLAYOFF GAME HE GOT TO PLAY IN. So what was the main difference in that 4-11 team and last year division champs? That is right the QB in Palmer, not to mention they did that last year without having TJ like in 2008. If Palmer does not play last year, they are a 4 or 5 win team AT BEST.

 

Your last statment is right, we will see this year. As we talked about before with our bet, one of us will be right and the other will be having to admit they were wrong.

I'm going to say the defense, the OL, Ced Benson had as big a part or bigger in the turn around from 08-09 as did CP. Also you gave full credit to CP for the teams success in 05. True in part, but I do believe that the D had an amazing year in the takeaway department, also ONE of the reason for the winning season in 05. Hard to say CP is the sole reason for winning but a minor part in losing. Can't be both.

  • Author
In terms of adding offensive players, I think the Bengals have made effort there. They added Coles last year and he was a bust. They added Benson and he was the best offensive move they had made in some time.

 

No question as FutureCoach said that the lack of a true GM is a major problem for the Bengals. Because I think Simpson has talent, but don't know if he can't read the playbook or why he can't get on the field. I think the offensive addition of Leonard was huge last year, but now he is hurt. Remember the Bengals hung onto Perry for a long time.

 

As to Palmer and Marvin for that matter-can you name any other starting quarterbak or head coach that has been in their slots as long as these two that have not won a playoff game? I cannot. The coach of the year is a fraud, and Palmer, the Heisman trophy winner hasn't delivered a playoff win.

 

True, however how close were they to even making the playoffs before him? With as bad of a franchise as we were, you all have to realize it will go a step at a time. Its a marathon not a sprint when it comes to being so bad, to eventually a possible Super Bowl contender like this year.

 

My question to some of you all would be what if Palmer got to play in that 2005 playoff game, and did win that game and then say lost to the Colts the next game. What would you all say about him then? Does one game where he didn't even get to play, make that big of a difference to the opinion you all have of him? Or is it just a convient thing for you all to use in an argument. All these other QB's that some have talked about, would not have had their moments if they had an injury like that. What if Brees tears his knee up on his first play in the playoffs last year. He does not win a super bowl, and is he not as great now as people think of him right now? The same can be said about a few QB's. Its hard to use the playoff thing against him IMO, and then say other guys because they have won playoff games. 2005 we will never know, 2006 he did everything he could but special teams lost it. 2007 yes they just weren't good enough, and 2008 he didn't play. IMO its just not a good argument to use when you look at the big picture.

  • Author
I'm going to say the defense, the OL, Ced Benson had as big a part or bigger in the turn around from 08-09 as did CP. Also you gave full credit to CP for the teams success in 05. True in part, but I do believe that the D had an amazing year in the takeaway department, also ONE of the reason for the winning season in 05. Hard to say CP is the sole reason for winning but a minor part in losing. Can't be both.

 

You are right, the defnese and Benson played big parts last year. Without Palmer though last year, how do you think they do? I don't see any better than 4 or 5 wins. What year since he became starter have they been just horrible? The one year he didn't play. Yes it takes all three parts for a team to be great, which I have mentioned. However some of you act like this team needs a new QB. Yet this team would be awful without him, especially with how bad they are at finding QB's.

True, however how close were they to even making the playoffs before him? With as bad of a franchise as we were, you all have to realize it will go a step at a time. Its a marathon not a sprint when it comes to being so bad, to eventually a possible Super Bowl contender like this year.

 

My question to some of you all would be what if Palmer got to play in that 2005 playoff game, and did win that game and then say lost to the Colts the next game. What would you all say about him then? Does one game where he didn't even get to play, make that big of a difference to the opinion you all have of him? Or is it just a convient thing for you all to use in an argument. All these other QB's that some have talked about, would not have had their moments if they had an injury like that. What if Brees tears his knee up on his first play in the playoffs last year. He does not win a super bowl, and is he not as great now as people think of him right now? The same can be said about a few QB's. Its hard to use the playoff thing against him IMO, and then say other guys because they have won playoff games. 2005 we will never know, 2006 he did everything he could but special teams lost it. 2007 yes they just weren't good enough, and 2008 he didn't play. IMO its just not a good argument to use when you look at the big picture.

 

It comes down to a, what have you done for me lately, thing. 05 was 5 years ago. CP didn't shine in his latest playoff game. As far as a marathon, we are at least 18 miles into the Carson Palmer marathon. The finish line draws nearer as we speak.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.