July 30, 201016 yr Time to play guess the QB (these stats are 5 QBs over the same two year period)..... Player A: 669-1029, 65%, 7,871 yds, 60 TDs, 24 INTs, 97.5 QB Rating Player B: 715-1220, 58.6%, 7,766 yds, 38 TDs, 47 INTs, 71.8 QB Rating Player C: 679-1054, 64.4%, 7,994 yds, 50 TDs, 26 INTs, 92.7 QB Rating Player D: 667-1010, 66%, 8,144 yds, 59 TDs, 19 INTs, 102.6 QB Rating Player E: 653-1046, 62.4%, 7,639 yds, 50 TDs, 26 INTs, 90.1 QB Rating How's that for stats for ya Spindoc.... These stats are from 2005 & 2006. Player A: Carson Palmer Player B: Brett Favre Player C: Drew Brees Player D: Peyton Manning Player E: Tom Brady Try looking at those numbers and telling me that Carson wasn't among the NFL's elite QBs during that time....
July 30, 201016 yr These stats are from 2005 & 2006. Player A: Carson Palmer Player B: Brett Favre Player C: Drew Brees Player D: Peyton Manning Player E: Tom Brady Try looking at those numbers and telling me that Carson wasn't among the NFL's elite QBs during that time.... Okay. He wasn't among the NFL's elite during that time. Matt Schaub put up numbers is he in the class of Brady and Manning too?
July 30, 201016 yr Okay. He wasn't among the NFL's elite during that time. Matt Schaub put up numbers is he in the class of Brady and Manning too? He did not and has not put up numbers that compare with those of Brady and Manning.
July 30, 201016 yr He did not and has not put up numbers that compare with those of Brady and Manning. Umm, last year? I mean if a two year span makes Palmer elite then I don't see much difference in Schaub's one year.
July 30, 201016 yr Umm, last year? I mean if a two year span makes Palmer elite then I don't see much difference in Schaub's one year. You're crazy if you don't think Carson was among the elite QBs before the injuries took over. His numbers spoke for themselves. His 2nd and 3rd years in the league and he had the 2nd best passer rating, threw the most TDs, and had one of the highest completion percentages in football. Now if you want to say he's no longer at that level, you'll get no arguement from anyone. The fact is, the #s don't lie. He was every bit as good as any other QB in the league then. If you want to say Schaub last year was as good as almost any QB, you'll get no arguement from me. If he does it again this year, he's going to be considered amongst the elite in the league.
July 30, 201016 yr I don't think there is much debate. Before his injury Carson was in fact one of the best 5 QBs in the NFL.
July 30, 201016 yr I don't think there is much debate. Before his injury Carson was in fact one of the best 5 QBs in the NFL. Without a doubt. I really don't see how anyone can seriously argue against it.
July 30, 201016 yr Since when has Caron's arm strength came in question? When I had labeled it average and UKmF laughed and I was told that he has some of the best arm strength in the league. :confused:
July 30, 201016 yr When I had labeled it average and UKmF laughed and I was told that he has some of the best arm strength in the league. :confused: He does have one of the best arms in the league....Accuracy, well that's another issue entirely.
July 30, 201016 yr You're crazy if you don't think Carson was among the elite QBs before the injuries took over. His numbers spoke for themselves. His 2nd and 3rd years in the league and he had the 2nd best passer rating, threw the most TDs, and had one of the highest completion percentages in football. Now if you want to say he's no longer at that level, you'll get no arguement from anyone. The fact is, the #s don't lie. He was every bit as good as any other QB in the league then. If you want to say Schaub last year was as good as almost any QB, you'll get no arguement from me. If he does it again this year, he's going to be considered amongst the elite in the league. Carson was never in the class of Manning or Brady. He was never even Ben Roethlisberger. You can throw out all of the numbers you want, but QBs are measured by alot more than numbers. Well by everyone other than Bengals fans I guess. I never bought the hype. I never buy the hype on NFL QBs. I'm just now admitting Matt Ryan might end up pretty good. Carson had two really good years, and has been average ever since. Injuries are an excuse. What about Brees' shoulder injury? He came back better than ever and that is about as nasty of an injury as a QB can have. And you'll never hear me say Matt Schaub is elite or at least I don't think you will. All I'm saying is that alot of QBs have one or two really good years and people get their panties in a wad over it.
July 30, 201016 yr He does have one of the best arms in the league....Accuracy, well that's another issue entirely. He's not accurate and yet he's an elite QB. Or was an elite QB? His pass placement was never great. Watch guys like Manning or Brees and then watch some old Carson Palmer. It's not even in the same league.
July 30, 201016 yr From and un bias point of view, and just from the point of view of a football fan in general. Carson Palmer has been good, is good, and will be good. People have a very short memory if they cannot remember how Carson was perceived around the NFL community before his knee injury. Palmer is very effective when he has people to throw the ball too. Its hard when you have Ocho being double teamed, and Caldwell as your second or third option. You should see Palmer return to top 5-10 form this season with adequate receivers to throw the ball to. You cannot lose a TJ, and a Henry then replace with Laverneous Coles and Andre Caldwell and match your prior success, especially a couple years off serious injury.
July 30, 201016 yr I've always thought Palmer had the potential to become an elite QB but he definitely never reached that status. Whether it's because of the injuries, the team around him etc. it doesn't really matter because the only thing we know for sure is that it didn't happen. I couldn't care less about the Bengals but I always wanted Palmer to reach that elite level for some reason. I think becoming a exceptional QB in the league is about 50% situation & luck and 50% skill. I think Palmer obviously had the skill but the stars never aligned just right for him and that's disappointing but the same can be said for hundreds of other players, thus is life.
July 30, 201016 yr How can you say he hasn't had any of those "It" plays? 2005-2007 he had a lot of those. Shoot in 2006 he did everything he could to get his team in the playoffs, and had those "It" plays as you call them on what should have been game winning or tying drives against the Broncos and Steelers. If they don't pull a Bungles, then everyone talks about what Palmer did. Last year alone even in a year when he didn't have much help when it came to passing, he had 4 4th quarter wins. Should have had 5 if the Bengals didn't Bungle away the Broncos game, then the Chargers game he was having them go down there until Caldwell fumbled. Palmer has had those "It" plays, however unlike these other teams his teams find away to blow it after he had done it. All these top QB's that you have mentioned have had their guys step up and make plays for them catching the ball, or holding the lead after they get it at the end. I think you can even admit, that Palmer has had some horrible luck in his Bengal career. When other QB's have had "It" plays their teams don't blow it after, while Palmer has had it happen a lot to him. How many playoff games has Palmer won? Name another "great" quarterback that has won less. No excuses, Palmer has been average.
July 30, 201016 yr How many playoff games has Palmer won? Name another "great" quarterback that has won less. No excuses, Palmer has been average. The poor Bengals just haven't had any talent around Carson :cry:.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.