August 6, 201016 yr Perhaps GT can enlighten me/us on this...so Maggard is saying that he believes the Sun-Times story was a setup from the get-go. According to him, Pat Forde has set all this in motion, with the hopes of getting UK to sue the paper, thus forcing Calipari to the witness stand, where he would have to defend himself and his recruiting ways. Says Forde was also the one who initiated the Bledsoe stuff, and when ESPN wouldn't run it, handed the info to Pete Thamel & the NYT, who will print anything. Also says the next thing to be reported is that William Wesley was the "bag man who supposedly paid Davis." Though I have my reservations about Maggard, he came out at the beginning of the Sypher trial & stated on his boards that UK fans should expect a negative story, presuming that it would come from someone associated with UL to take the attention away from Pitino and the court case. Or it's just paranoid spin ... with Pat Forde cast as the familiar Bogeyman.
August 6, 201016 yr I haven't talked to Marc in a few days, so I'm not up to date on what is going on behind the scenes with this whole mess... He posted the information on his board & gave everyone permission to post it on any other board they might visit. I found it on TCP.
August 6, 201016 yr Or it's just paranoid spin ... with Pat Forde cast as the familiar Bogeyman. Perhaps, but the fact that Maggard said there would be something like this to come out at the same time of the Sypher trial is interesting to me. As I said, I often take his information with a grain of salt, but this one made me pay attention as soon as I read the Sun-Times article.
August 6, 201016 yr Never ceases to amaze me how many people want to see UK fall. The jealousy is at astronomical levels. Now throw the Cal haters in there, and you have got the perfect media storm. Unreal.
August 7, 201016 yr Perhaps, but the fact that Maggard said there would be something like this to come out at the same time of the Sypher trial is interesting to me. As I said, I often take his information with a grain of salt, but this one made me pay attention as soon as I read the Sun-Times article. As much ridicule as Maggard was taking though, of course he can throw something like that out there, then when it happens say look I told you a bad story was going to come out about UK during the Sypher trial. I mean he could have knew for a fact it was going to happen, then again he could have just been throwing something out there and then once it actually happened bring it back up and say hey I told you so.
August 7, 201016 yr Author As much ridicule as Maggard was taking though, of course he can throw something like that out there, then when it happens say look I told you a bad story was going to come out about UK during the Sypher trial. I mean he could have knew for a fact it was going to happen, then again he could have just been throwing something out there and then once it actually happened bring it back up and say hey I told you so. Marc is a lot more connected than most give him credit for. I'll leave it at that...
August 8, 201016 yr Marc is a lot more connected than most give him credit for. I'll leave it at that... I know this, im just saying, he has swung and missed a few times. You cannot say that he hasn't. But I know he is in there, probably as good if not more than anyone in the Kentucky blogging/webbing community.
August 8, 201016 yr Author I know this, im just saying, he has swung and missed a few times. You cannot say that he hasn't. The job is covering kids, you are going to swing and miss quite a bit even with the best info available. Just the nature of the beast...
August 8, 201016 yr What if it is true? Has anyone given any thought to that? Then UK is screwed... Not much thought required.
August 8, 201016 yr Then UK is screwed... Not much thought required. I'm just saying...I would hope for nothing bad to happen, I love UK more than anything in sports. Sadly, we have a history and the NCAA will ALWAYS look harder at UK than most other schools. My fear with hiring Cal was that it brings even more eyes on the program. I hope this blows over quickly.
August 9, 201016 yr I'm just saying...I would hope for nothing bad to happen, I love UK more than anything in sports. Sadly, we have a history and the NCAA will ALWAYS look harder at UK than most other schools. My fear with hiring Cal was that it brings even more eyes on the program. I hope this blows over quickly. You forget the old saying..."UK got caught cheating, so Cleveland St. got put on probation." The NCAA will and does do everything in its power IMO to stay away from the major programs (KU,UK, Duke, UNC, UCLA, etc.)
August 10, 201016 yr When is reporting a rumor news? A rumor is just that, a rumor. This guy reports it as if it's major breaking news. He's being roasted for this by most national sports writers.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.