Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anthony Davis

Featured Replies

My opinion is Davis, but both would fit very well...

 

Quincy Miller for sure. For some reason I just think Quincy is going to be down right nasty when he gets in the dribble drive. And he fits the UK persona.

  • Replies 135
  • Views 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Quincy Miller for sure. For some reason I just think Quincy is going to be down right nasty when he gets in the dribble drive. And he fits the UK persona.

 

Well that settles it then. We'll throw out the numerous times I've seen both and go with your gut feeling... :lol:

Well that settles it then. We'll throw out the numerous times I've seen both and go with your gut feeling... :lol:

 

Im glad to hear you have seen both play. :thumb: I just would rather have Quincy Miller. Can I not have an opinion or is yours always correct?

Im glad to hear you have seen both play. :thumb: I just would rather have Quincy Miller. Can I not have an opinion or is yours always correct?

gametime's is always correct. Just ask him :D

  • Author
gametime's is always correct. Just ask him :D

 

:thumb: :D

Well that settles it then. We'll throw out the numerous times I've seen both and go with your gut feeling... :lol:

 

Everyone's got to have their own opinion. I trust yours in this case, but I think some could prefer Miller over Davis because Miller has had more hype throughout the years.

 

That said, I'll take Davis as well.

  • Author

Miller is certainly a great talent, but he plays hard about 25% of the time and it drives me insane. From my scouting experiences over the years, low motor guys don't just instantly have the light flip on and change into high motor guys. It knocks Miller down a few notches in terms of what he will be able to do in college night in and night out. If you want one great game followed by 3 average outings, Miller is the guy. If you want someone that brings it full blast every day, Davis is the easy choice. The talent level is even...

Miller is certainly a great talent, but he plays hard about 25% of the time and it drives me insane. From my scouting experiences over the years, low motor guys don't just instantly have the light flip on and change into high motor guys. It knocks Miller down a few notches in terms of what he will be able to do in college night in and night out. If you want one great game followed by 3 average outings, Miller is the guy. If you want someone that brings it full blast every day, Davis is the easy choice. The talent level is even...

 

How are Davis' handles? I would imagine that he is still getting a feel for his body considering his big growth spurt. The dude sounds like a scary prospect.

  • Author
How are Davis' handles? I would imagine that he is still getting a feel for his body considering his big growth spurt. The dude sounds like a scary prospect.

 

Handles like a skilled wing...

  • Author
And he's a PF? Nice.

 

He hasn't lost the guard skills from before the growth spurt and has an insanely polished back to the basket game for a guy that was 6'4" a year ago. The only knock on him possible right now is he needs to add weight. Everything else is already there...

He hasn't lost the guard skills from before the growth spurt and has an insanely polished back to the basket game for a guy that was 6'4" a year ago. The only knock on him possible right now is he needs to add weight. Everything else is already there...

 

Wow, I hope he decides to put on the blue and white for the Cats then. Putting on weight can be difficult to do sometimes but that isn't the worst problem in the world to have.

Miller is certainly a great talent, but he plays hard about 25% of the time and it drives me insane. From my scouting experiences over the years, low motor guys don't just instantly have the light flip on and change into high motor guys. It knocks Miller down a few notches in terms of what he will be able to do in college night in and night out. If you want one great game followed by 3 average outings, Miller is the guy. If you want someone that brings it full blast every day, Davis is the easy choice. The talent level is even...

 

Sounds a lot like the current Miller on Kentucky's roster...

  • Author
Sounds a lot like the current Miller on Kentucky's roster...

 

Except infinitely more talented...

Miller is certainly a great talent, but he plays hard about 25% of the time and it drives me insane. From my scouting experiences over the years, low motor guys don't just instantly have the light flip on and change into high motor guys. It knocks Miller down a few notches in terms of what he will be able to do in college night in and night out. If you want one great game followed by 3 average outings, Miller is the guy. If you want someone that brings it full blast every day, Davis is the easy choice. The talent level is even...

 

Would you have classified Cousins in the category of "low motor" guys? Not trying to be a jerk, but I know that's what a lot said about him, and he turned out okay.

 

I haven't seen anything out of either of these guys. I only know Miller's name because he was lumped together with Gilchrist, Teague, & Rivers at the top of several 2011 lists. It seems like Davis came out of nowhere, and that scares me a bit. Do you attribute this to the growth spurt, or is he just a late-bloomer, or was he underrated up until this point?

 

How would you compare these guys with O'Bryant? I noticed he fell in a lot of the rankings and was wondering why. Seems like a bright kid, with that 100% effort 100% of the time that is so appealing. Is he still on UK's radar? How do you see UK's 2011 class shaping up--will it be the absolute killer most predict it will be?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.