August 5, 201016 yr Question regarding this...Having read the letter from UK's attorneys, what are the rules regarding mention of Davis here? I noticed his name was blacked out in the letter put online for the public to see, but is it against NCAA rules to mention the kid by name in this way? I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it has something to do with him being a minor?
August 5, 201016 yr I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it has something to do with him being a minor? Right, but I'm assuming the letter they sent to the Chicago Sun Times did not have his name blacked out. So is it a violation to have them mention him by name?
August 5, 201016 yr Right, but I'm assuming the letter they sent to the Chicago Sun Times did not have his name blacked out. So is it a violation to have them mention him by name? I am sure once UK publicly released the letter, there are some NCAA issues with recruitment and such that prohibit a school from disclosing minor's names. Actually I guess that would apply with any formal legal document.
August 5, 201016 yr I am sure once UK publicly released the letter, there are some NCAA issues with recruitment and such that prohibit a school from disclosing minor's names. Actually I guess that would apply with any formal legal document. So are you saying they sent the letter with the names blacked out to the paper? Couldn't they just claim they had no idea who they were talking about if that's the case?
August 5, 201016 yr So are you saying they sent the letter with the names blacked out to the paper? Couldn't they just claim they had no idea who they were talking about if that's the case? No, blacked out when the letter was publicly released. We need a resident lawyer to answer the legalities of it all. This is going way beyond my O.J. Simpson trial watching law degree
August 5, 201016 yr No, blacked out when the letter was publicly released. We need a resident lawyer to answer the legalities of it all. This is going way beyond my O.J. Simpson trial watching law degree You should have picked up your Masters in Karen Sypher trial watching the last few days like I.
August 6, 201016 yr Over on KSR they are linking an article saying that the Sun-Times has came out with another story this time with 3 anonymous sources. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/preps/2571594,CST-SPT-cruit06.article
August 6, 201016 yr Over on KSR they are linking an article saying that the Sun-Times has came out with another story this time with 3 anonymous sources. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/preps/2571594,CST-SPT-cruit06.article Safe to say Mr. O'Brien is about to be sued by multiple parties, IMO.
August 6, 201016 yr Safe to say Mr. O'Brien is about to be sued by multiple parties, IMO. I hope. The guys a moron and a joke of a journalist.
August 6, 201016 yr Over on KSR they are linking an article saying that the Sun-Times has came out with another story this time with 3 anonymous sources. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/preps/2571594,CST-SPT-cruit06.article The new article also states three others schools were asked for money? Why not name those schools too? Hmmm.
August 6, 201016 yr I'm certainly not a legal expert but my guess is the writer and paper are covered by how they presented it. If they didn't present it as fact I would think it would be hard to prove libel.
August 6, 201016 yr Perhaps GT can enlighten me/us on this...so Maggard is saying that he believes the Sun-Times story was a setup from the get-go. According to him, Pat Forde has set all this in motion, with the hopes of getting UK to sue the paper, thus forcing Calipari to the witness stand, where he would have to defend himself and his recruiting ways. Says Forde was also the one who initiated the Bledsoe stuff, and when ESPN wouldn't run it, handed the info to Pete Thamel & the NYT, who will print anything. Also says the next thing to be reported is that William Wesley was the "bag man who supposedly paid Davis." Though I have my reservations about Maggard, he came out at the beginning of the Sypher trial & stated on his boards that UK fans should expect a negative story, presuming that it would come from someone associated with UL to take the attention away from Pitino and the court case.
August 6, 201016 yr Author I haven't talked to Marc in a few days, so I'm not up to date on what is going on behind the scenes with this whole mess...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.