Texas to remain in Big 12

nWo

Texas will remain a Big 12 Conference member, the university announced on Monday.

Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott says Texas has turned down an invitation to leave the Big 12 and join his conference.

In an e-mail to The Associated Press, Scott confirms that Texas has rejected the Pac-10's offer.

The news first was reported by The Dallas Morning News.

Read More

So now the Big 12 is can be called the Big 10. The Big Ten now can be called the Big 12.

The Pac 10 is still an average football conference.

The Sec is still King.

The Big East may get Memphis now and maybe take the name the Big East.

2 weeks of scrambling are we done yet?

I'm guessing we're not finished with changes. I'd say this topic will stay alive and it might do so for a few years.

It's back on the Big "10" if anything else is going to happen soon it would seem. The ACC and SEC are fine with where they are at this point, so I don't expect much movement there for now. We'll see just how bad the Big 11 wants to force the hand of ND first IMO...

I'll be honest it makes me like Texas a little more for saying the heck with bucking the trend we are football! Had they left it would have been a huge domino IMO. The best thing out of this is Ohio State will have to play one more good team. Nebraska is on the rise.

So now the Big 12 is can be called the Big 10. The Big Ten now can be called the Big 12.

The Pac 10 is still an average football conference.

The Sec is still King.

The Big East may get Memphis now and maybe take the name the Big East.

2 weeks of scrambling are we done yet?

Isn't it the PAC 11 now? Will the PAC add one more to get to 12 and have a conference championship. Utah??

Would Boise State have been considered if they hadnt jumped the gun?

Doubtful. The Pac-10 has some strong feelings about what type of university is in their group - Colorado is a quality, typical, Pac-10 type university. Texas and Oklahoma would have been. But some of the Pac-10 folks were freaking out over schools like Oklahoma State and Texas Tech coming into their league. Unfortunately, Boise State isn't too different from Oklahoma State and Texas Tech. Utah is a widely respected state research university. Boise State made the move to the Mountain West because that was the best move that would have been available for them.

Doubtful. The Pac-10 has some strong feelings about what type of university is in their group - Colorado is a quality, typical, Pac-10 type university. Texas and Oklahoma would have been. But some of the Pac-10 folks were freaking out over schools like Oklahoma State and Texas Tech coming into their league. Unfortunately, Boise State isn't too different from Oklahoma State and Texas Tech. Utah is a widely respected state research university. Boise State made the move to the Mountain West because that was the best move that would have been available for them.

Oh I forgot this is all about academics.

I'll be honest it makes me like Texas a little more for saying the heck with bucking the trend we are football! Had they left it would have been a huge domino IMO. The best thing out of this is Ohio State will have to play one more good team. Nebraska is on the rise.

Just so you don't put Texas on some pedestal and think there is anything but money driving these decisions, one of the key factors in Texas' decision to stay in the "Big 12" is that they will be allowed to pursue their own TV deal. I am sure they are hoping to make more money that way than by joining the Pac 10.