Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the NBA Finals (Celtics vs Lakers)

Featured Replies

I need to give credit where credit is due. I really never thought that Big Baby Glen Davis would do much in the NBA, but man he played solid tonight and has definitely made a difference in this series.

 

I feel the same. I couldn't stand him when he was at LSU, but I'm starting to love him right now. He has played big minutes this entire post season.

  • Replies 531
  • Views 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You could pretty much use the exact same arguement in favor of the Celtics. Tonight and the two games that they lost, they didn't put together a full game.

 

I'd rather have my bench win me a game, than my starters and my bench lose me one...wouldn't you?

 

Yeah...a game. You won't win the NBA Finals if you have to depend on your bench the way Boston did last night.

Yeah...a game. You won't win the NBA Finals if you have to depend on your bench the way Boston did last night.

 

They depended on their bench for...a game.

 

I really don't understand the point you are trying to get across. You'd rather lose with your starters, than win with your bench? Makes no sense to me.

 

There is a reason their are 12 players on the roster and not 5.

Now if LeBron said something like that people would go crazy. And let's be honest, they would.

 

LeBron haters would but all I see is the confidence of the game's best player. It would be much different if he said who's Tony Allen or something like that.

I agree to an extent. Boston deserves credit. But, Kobe made some lazy plays and lazy passes that you shouldn't make against a bad team, much less Boston. He shot terrible in Game Three, but insisted on firing away to the point that he took the Lakers completely out of their offense. After they'd moved the ball well and scored well, they resorted to watching Kobe and he went 10 of 29. Of course, last night, he was shooting pretty well, but he took 7 less shots. If you're going to fire away and force things, at least do it when you're shooting well.

 

Certainly, Boston deserves some credit for their defense. But, I expect better from Kobe. I hear your comparisons with D-Wade and Lebron, but Kobe has better support to take some pressure off. Boston can focus everything on Kobe like they can the other two. He is capable of playing better and he needs to do that.

 

Great defense leads to poor judgment by offensive players IMO. You have to do everything so well against Boston that it's hard to keep focus all game long.

 

I feel the same. I couldn't stand him when he was at LSU, but I'm starting to love him right now. He has played big minutes this entire post season.

 

I couldn't stand him, but I have a lot of respect for him after this post-season. He is a warrior, and is playing how all undersized bigs should take on the Lakers.

They depended on their bench for...a game.

 

I really don't understand the point you are trying to get across. You'd rather lose with your starters, than win with your bench? Makes no sense to me.

 

There is a reason their are 12 players on the roster and not 5.

 

No. What I am saying is no team has depended on their bench for an entire series and won that series. No way Nate Robinson and Big Baby duplicate last night's success and win 2 more games and the series for Boston. No way. If the starting unit can't get the job done for Boston......why are they starting? Why not just play Nate and Baby all of the time a d kick butt feom the jump? As a Laker fan, if Farmer and Shannon Brown take over game 4 at the Staples Center to even the series at 2 games then I would be very concerned about the Lakers chances to win it all.

Well, I guess that is where we differ. From a fan of the sport and not of either team, I would be more concerned for the Lakers moving forward because the Celtics bench owned the Lakers starters. God forbid what would happen if Rondo, KG, Allen, and Pierce all got their act together on the same page in game 5.

Well, I guess that is where we differ. From a fan of the sport and not of either team, I would be more concerned for the Lakers moving forward because the Celtics bench owned the Lakers starters. God forbid what would happen if Rondo, KG, Allen, and Pierce all got their act together on the same page in game 5.

 

The Celtics bench will be a non factor the rest of the series thanks to 2 days off until the next game. Phil and the coaching staff will fix that. The Big 3 hasn't been on the same page all year if they can get their act together to win 2 games then my hats off to them. I just don't see it happening.

 

FWIW, we haven't seen the Lakers get their act together for a full game yet his series either.

KG emotionally unstable? I know he's emotional, but I never got the impression that he was mentally weak.

Nor have I. I do not believe any of the players are mentally weak. Complete opposite actually. Looking for an argument again when one is not there :D j/k

 

The Celtics have a group full of guys that are overly emotional and it can overcome them at any time. That is all I am saying.

Well, I guess that is where we differ. From a fan of the sport and not of either team, I would be more concerned for the Lakers moving forward because the Celtics bench owned the Lakers starters. God forbid what would happen if Rondo, KG, Allen, and Pierce all got their act together on the same page in game 5.

 

That's how I feel as well. What Nate and Big Baby bring should be a constant because it's all energy and effort. Maybe Robinson doesn't shoot as well for the rest of the series, but Big Baby has been huge all series long. He is the only Celtic who has been consistent in the paint and his size is actually to his advantage when he uses it the right way as he did last night :thumb:.

 

Nor have I. I do not believe any of the players are mentally weak. Complete opposite actually. Looking for an argument again when one is not there :D j/k

 

The Celtics have a group full of guys that are overly emotional and it can overcome them at any time. That is all I am saying.

 

I just don't remember a time when I felt KG let his emotions get out of control the way that Sheed, Perkins or the others have. Not looking for an argument, just trying to see where you're coming from :thumb:.

As a Laker fan I hope Nate and Baby continue to ball out. That means Rondo is on the bench and the Big 3 are still underperforming as a unit. I'll take that for the remaining 2 games.

As a Laker fan I hope Nate and Baby continue to ball out. That means Rondo is on the bench and the Big 3 are still underperforming as a unit. I'll take that for the remaining 2 games.

 

Nate Robinson scares me. He can score, and he stretches the defense. With Rondo on the court, the Celtics have pretty much been playing 4 on 5 on the offensive end. I was praying Doc would put him back in last night. Credit to him for sticking with his bench.

 

As for the bench argument, I would only offer this. It's true Boston's bench took over in the 4th quarter and put that game away, but it was a two point game heading in. It's not a foregone conclusion that LA would have won that game had the Celtics starters remained in. You guys are acting like it is.

Any word on Bynum? Lakers need him even if not at 100%

 

He said he will be playing but Phil said he will be talking to the doctors before making any decision.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.