Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cal Tweet: What could this be?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does UK have an alumni game?

 

I don't think so and that would be fun to watch!

I still think it was about Bad Bad Leroy Brown!!

 

I was thinking it may have been Big Brown. With Cal's success recruiting point guards, advice on how to pick up the running game would no doubt be much appreciated.

Watched Rondo today and wondered what he would have been like in the dribble drive.

Watched Rondo today and wondered what he would have been like in the dribble drive.

 

 

How many times last season did UK run the dribble drive offense? Seriously? I watched them roughly 20 games and did not see it. I have read up on it. Watched a few clips on it.

 

I know this has nothing to do with the thread. I just want to see some clips of them actually running the offense to see who excel when they ran it?

^ If you want to see the Dribble Drive, then be sure you tune in next season. Too much size down low last season, Cal adapted his offense to that. Next years team is really shaping up to be Cal's kind of team, only thing missing is a Terrence Jones.

^ If you want to see the Dribble Drive, then be sure you tune in next season. Too much size down low last season, Cal adapted his offense to that. Next years team is really shaping up to be Cal's kind of team, only thing missing is a Terrence Jones.

 

SOunds good. Was there one paticular game that they ran some of it? I am just interested in seeing it with all that talent?

SOunds good. Was there one paticular game that they ran some of it? I am just interested in seeing it with all that talent?

 

Not really. I mean they ran a lot of sets with dribble drive tendencies, but as far as being an offense that was predominately the dribble drive motion, then we didn't really get to see much of that.

How many times last season did UK run the dribble drive offense? Seriously? I watched them roughly 20 games and did not see it. I have read up on it. Watched a few clips on it.

 

I know this has nothing to do with the thread. I just want to see some clips of them actually running the offense to see who excel when they ran it?

 

One play that we ran was a DDMO set. It was when the three players up top did a weave with handoffs, and the third man to touch the ball went to the hole. I've seen old footage of Memphis doing this play & we basically replicated it some this year.

 

Cal said we only used the DDMO about 30-35% of the time, but to me, it appears more like 20-25%. I think we'll see much, much more DDMO next season, because our roster suits that style more so than this past group.

If it was Dale Brown who gave him an idea I vote we pass it by the NCAA first.

One play that we ran was a DDMO set. It was when the three players up top did a weave with handoffs, and the third man to touch the ball went to the hole. I've seen old footage of Memphis doing this play & we basically replicated it some this year.

 

Cal said we only used the DDMO about 30-35% of the time, but to me, it appears more like 20-25%. I think we'll see much, much more DDMO next season, because our roster suits that style more so than this past group.

 

Didnt Meadowlark Lemon, Curly Neal and Goose run this same set against the Generals?

One play that we ran was a DDMO set. It was when the three players up top did a weave with handoffs, and the third man to touch the ball went to the hole. I've seen old footage of Memphis doing this play & we basically replicated it some this year.

 

Cal said we only used the DDMO about 30-35% of the time, but to me, it appears more like 20-25%. I think we'll see much, much more DDMO next season, because our roster suits that style more so than this past group.

 

thanks

Saw speculation on Twitter that UK might play an exhibition against an NBA team :lol:

Saw speculation on Twitter that UK might play an exhibition against an NBA team :lol:

 

:lol: I sure hope so.

Saw speculation on Twitter that UK might play an exhibition against an NBA team :lol:

 

Having an alumni game still sounds like a good possibility too. That would be pretty awesome. What if they had an alumni Exhibition game....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.