Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your Team's All Time Starting Five

Featured Replies

Saw this on KSR and am curious to see what BGP says...not just UK fans...everyone participate. Not necissarly the best 5 players, but who you see as the starting lineup you would LOVE to see your team take the floor with next year and the coach. I'll only post players I watched play and that started in about 1980. Since there are a lot of Duke and UL fans on here, i'll post what I would put for them...not knowledgeable enough for Cincy. Of course the Dookies and Card fans will say i'm not knowledgeable enough for their schools either. But, i'll try.

 

UK

PG - John Wall

SG - Rex Chapman

SF - Jamal Mashburn

PF - Kenny Walker

C -- DeMarcus Cousins

Coach -- Tubby Smith

 

Duke

PG - Jay Williams

SG - JJ Redick

SF - Grant Hill

PF - Shane Battier

C -- Christian Leatner

Coach -- K

 

UL

PG - Milt Wagner

SG - Lancaster Gordon

SF - T Will

PF - Clifford Rozier

C -- Pervis Ellison

Coach -- Pitino

  • Replies 55
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saw this on KSR and am curious to see what BGP says...not just UK fans...everyone participate. Not necissarly the best 5 players, but who you see as the starting lineup you would LOVE to see your team take the floor with next year and the coach. I'll only post players I watched play and that started in about 1980. Since there are a lot of Duke and UL fans on here, i'll post what I would put for them...not knowledgeable enough for Cincy. Of course the Dookies and Card fans will say i'm not knowledgeable enough for their schools either. But, i'll try.

 

UK

PG - John Wall

SG - Rex Chapman

SF - Jamal Mashburn

PF - Kenny Walker

C -- DeMarcus Cousins

Coach -- Tubby Smith

 

Duke

PG - Jay Williams

SG - JJ Redick

SF - Grant Hill

PF - Shane Battier

C -- Christian Leatner

Coach -- K

 

UL

PG - Milt Wagner

SG - Lancaster Gordon

SF - T Will

PF - Clifford Rozier

C -- Pervis Ellison

Coach -- Pitino

 

Not saying I agree or disagree with those lineups, but man, ... those 3 teams would be awfully hard to beat. UK doesn't even have Dan Issel in the starting lineup? I might have to put him there in place of Kenny Walker. JMO.

  • Author

:lol:

Not saying I agree or disagree with those lineups, but man, ... those 3 teams would be awfully hard to beat. UK doesn't even have Dan Issel in the starting lineup? I might have to put him there in place of Kenny Walker. JMO.

 

I'm not old enough to have seen Dan play...I only went as far back as players i've watched. Oh, but my father told me stories...:lol:

All-time

 

Ellison

Unseld

Griffith

Twill

Wheat/Wagner

 

coach-Crum

 

Personal fav's

 

Ellison

S Walker

T Will

Garcia

Wheat

G. John Wall

G. Tony Delk

C. Dan Issel

F. Jamal Mashburn

F. Kenny Walker

Players I've watched...

 

1 - Wall

2 - Chapman

3 - Anderson

4 - Mashburn

5 - Cousins

 

:idunno:

Nick Van Exel

Steve Logan

Big O

Danny Fortson?

Kenton Martin

I like the Duke lineup but Battier is a small forward, IMO.

 

PG-Jay Williams(my all time favorite)

SG-JJ Redick(my #2 guy)

SF-Grant Hill

PF-Carlos Boozer

C-Christian Laettner

 

That's who I'd roll with.

 

I don't know enough about the other two to put together a credible lineup. I'd challenge any college team with my Duke lineup.

1-John Wall

2-Rex Chapman

3-Jack Givens

4-Dan Issel

5-Sam Bowie

Nick Van Exel

Steve Logan

Big O

Danny Fortson?

Kenton Martin

 

My favorite Bearcat behind Doug Schloemer is Pat Cummings. I'd figure out a way to have Cummings on the list before Fortson.

Sorry, but I would have to take Bobby Hurley over Jay Williams...JMHO.

I like the Duke lineup but Battier is a small forward, IMO.

 

PG-Jay Williams(my all time favorite)

SG-JJ Redick(my #2 guy)

SF-Grant Hill

PF-Carlos Boozer

C-Christian Laettner

 

That's who I'd roll with.

 

I don't know enough about the other two to put together a credible lineup. I'd challenge any college team with my Duke lineup.

 

 

No Bobby Hurley or Alaa Abdelnaby?

I like the Duke lineup but Battier is a small forward, IMO.

 

PG-Jay Williams(my all time favorite)

SG-JJ Redick(my #2 guy)

SF-Grant Hill

PF-Carlos Boozer

C-Christian Laettner

 

That's who I'd roll with.

 

I don't know enough about the other two to put together a credible lineup. I'd challenge any college team with my Duke lineup.

 

 

Good lineup. Let me add some other Dukie's to think about:

 

Jeff Mullins

Mike Gminski

Eugene Banks

Art Heyman

Johnny Dawkins

Bobby Hurley

 

This group could round out your bench. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.