Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your Team's All Time Starting Five

Featured Replies

Kentucky

 

John Wall

Tony Delk (Need Consistent Outside Shooting)

Sam Bowie (When healthy)

Jamal Mashburn

Dan Issel (Slide him to Power Forward like the KY Colonels)

 

 

Bench

 

Kyle Macy

Ralph Beard

Kenny Walker

Jack Givens

Demarcus Cousins (Loved Robey, Spivey or Groza at center but went young)

  • Replies 55
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saw this on KSR and am curious to see what BGP says...not just UK fans...everyone participate. Not necissarly the best 5 players, but who you see as the starting lineup you would LOVE to see your team take the floor with next year and the coach. I'll only post players I watched play and that started in about 1980. Since there are a lot of Duke and UL fans on here, i'll post what I would put for them...not knowledgeable enough for Cincy. Of course the Dookies and Card fans will say i'm not knowledgeable enough for their schools either. But, i'll try.

 

UK

PG - John Wall

SG - Rex Chapman

SF - Jamal Mashburn

PF - Kenny Walker

C -- DeMarcus Cousins

Coach -- Tubby Smith

 

Duke

PG - Jay Williams

SG - JJ Redick

SF - Grant Hill

PF - Shane Battier

C -- Christian Leatner

Coach -- K

 

UL

PG - Milt Wagner

SG - Lancaster Gordon

SF - T Will

PF - Clifford Rozier

C -- Pervis Ellison

Coach -- Pitino

 

I think it's interesting that no one has challenged your picks for coach. FWIW Coach K is the only one I agree with on these rosters.

Louisville

 

Griffith (Greatest all time to me)

Jerry Eaves (playmaker and defender)

Unseld (There can be no other center)

Junior Bridgeman (Loved to watch him play)

Rodney McCray

 

:thumb:

 

Thought of Wesley Cox, Derek Smith and T Will as well.

UK in my lifetime (and the way I want it not necessarily who deserves to be there).

 

I would start a really nontraditional lineup. Wall, Cousins, Patterson, Mashburn, and Prince.

Sorry, but I would have to take Bobby Hurley over Jay Williams...JMHO.

 

No problem. I loved Bobby Hurley however I like what Jay brings to the table on offense and defense and he is more athletic than Hurley. Plus, he's my all time favorite Dukie.

No Bobby Hurley or Alaa Abdelnaby?

 

See post #20 in regards to Hurley. I'd likely take Johnny Dawkins over Hurley as well.

 

As for Abdelnaby.... I think in time Boozer and Elton Brand have proven to be the best power forwards to come out of Duke. I'd probably have Abdelnaby as a center anyways and we all know who the starting center for Duke would be.

See post #20 in regards to Hurley. I'd likely take Johnny Dawkins over Hurley as well.

 

As for Abdelnaby.... I think in time Boozer and Elton Brand have proven to be the best power forwards to come out of Duke. I'd probably have Abdelnaby as a center anyways and we all know who the starting center for Duke would be.

Yep, Cherokee Parks.

PG - Prince

2G - Delk

Wing - Rex

PF - Mash

C - Issel

 

Yes, Prince would be playing out of position but he could handle it and I don't like any of the PG's enough to move him out of the line up.

 

Bench:

Wall, Walker, Cuz, Chuck Hayes, Kyle Macy, Nazr, Goose and Derek Anderson

Good lineup. Let me add some other Dukie's to think about:

 

Jeff Mullins

Mike Gminski

Eugene Banks

Art Heyman

Johnny Dawkins

Bobby Hurley

 

This group could round out your bench. :thumb:

 

Don't forget Elton Brand, Shelden Williams, Shane Battier and Danny Ferry.

Yep, Cherokee Parks.

 

:lol:

 

I can't believe I left out Jeep Grand Cherokee Parks.:scared::isurrender::ylsuper:

Just to put one up here that nobody will care about... :lol:

 

University of Dayton

G - Brian Roberts

G - Negele Knight

F - Don May

F - Roosevelt Chapman

C - Don "Monk" Meineke

 

Coach - Tom Blackburn

 

Really tough not to put Bill Uhl in that center spot and I hate not having Jim Paxson on there. Blackburn/Donoher was a really tough decision at coach but Blackburn put UD on the map with some really successful NIT runs back when that tournament really mattered.

 

I'd love to see one by one of the Xavier fans on the board.

  • Author
See post #20 in regards to Hurley. I'd likely take Johnny Dawkins over Hurley as well.

 

As for Abdelnaby.... I think in time Boozer and Elton Brand have proven to be the best power forwards to come out of Duke. I'd probably have Abdelnaby as a center anyways and we all know who the starting center for Duke would be.

 

My favorite Abdelnaby quote was this (and i'm paraphrasing) when asked about his grades at Duke said the only way he can make 5 A's is by signing his name.

 

I too would take Williams and Dawkins over Hurley and Hurley is my 2nd fave Duke player of all time.

  • Author
I think it's interesting that no one has challenged your picks for coach. FWIW Coach K is the only one I agree with on these rosters.

 

I assumed I would get eaten alive for my choices at coach...but, that is honestly who I would take.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.