Top Posters In This Topic

Ask and you shall receive.

G Byron Larkin

G Jordan Crawford

F James Posey

F Tyrone Hill

C David West

Coach Skip Prosser

I am with you on the team, although I think Anthon Hicks and Nick Daniels would get some mention.

On the coach-give me Thad Matta. Skip only won 1 NCAA game at XU over Vandy-not a good coach at tourney time.

I like the Duke lineup but Battier is a small forward, IMO.

PG-Jay Williams(my all time favorite)

SG-JJ Redick(my #2 guy)

SF-Grant Hill

PF-Carlos Boozer

C-Christian Laettner

That's who I'd roll with.

I don't know enough about the other two to put together a credible lineup. I'd challenge any college team with my Duke lineup.

Very solid. Even though he wasnt the best I would love to have Chris Duhon on my bench. One of my favorite Dukies and the guy was a winner.

Led the NBA in scoring one year, didn't he?

In all honesty, I am not sure. Quite possible. He did hold the record at one time for points in an NBA game before it was beaten by Elgin Baylor.

He is also credited with inventing the jump shot. Hence, the name.

This thread has made me think just how hard it is to pick out five Duke basketball players that would start....I'll give it my shot.

PG - Jason Williams (he wasn't Jay yet)

SG - JJ Redick (by far my favorite ever, and arguably the best shooter in the last 30 years)

SF - Shane Battier (I know a lot would go with Hill, but I think Battier was a much more well rounded collegiate player)

PF - Christian Laettner (only the most clutch player I have ever seen)

C - Elton Brand (NPOY as a SOPH, true monster on the blocks)

This thread has made me think just how hard it is to pick out five Duke basketball players that would start....I'll give it my shot.

PG - Jason Williams (he wasn't Jay yet)

SG - JJ Redick (by far my favorite ever, and arguably the best shooter in the last 30 years)

SF - Shane Battier (I know a lot would go with Hill, but I think Battier was a much more well rounded collegiate player)

PF - Christian Laettner (only the most clutch player I have ever seen)

C - Elton Brand (NPOY as a SOPH, true monster on the blocks)

Flip a coin between Hill and Battier, They are pretty much even statistically, I'll take Battier's outside game over Hill's, but it's basically pick your poison. How in the world would you defend that starting five?