Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your Team's All Time Starting Five

Featured Replies

 

I'd love to see one by one of the Xavier fans on the board.

 

Ask and you shall receive.

 

G Byron Larkin

G Jordan Crawford

F James Posey

F Tyrone Hill

C David West

 

Coach Skip Prosser

  • Replies 55
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick Van Exel

Steve Logan

Big O

Danny Fortson?

Kenton Martin

My favorite 3 UC players.

From NKU:

 

G- Brenden Stowers

G- Craig Sanders

F- LaRon Moore

F- Paul Cluxton

C- David Palmer (I can be persuaded on this one but certainly one of the most talented at this position at NKU.

Ask and you shall receive.

 

G Byron Larkin

G Jordan Crawford

F James Posey

F Tyrone Hill

C David West

 

Coach Skip Prosser

 

I am with you on the team, although I think Anthon Hicks and Nick Daniels would get some mention.

 

On the coach-give me Thad Matta. Skip only won 1 NCAA game at XU over Vandy-not a good coach at tourney time.

Maryland Terrapins

 

G - John Lucas

G - Juan Dixon

F - Len Bias

F - Joe Smith

C - Tom McMillen

 

G - Steve Blake

G - Steve Francis

F - Albert King

F - Walt Williams

C - Len Elmore

From NKU:

 

G- Brenden Stowers

G- Craig Sanders

F- LaRon Moore

F- Paul Cluxton

C- David Palmer (I can be persuaded on this one but certainly one of the most talented at this position at NKU.

 

Was he the one that hit a zillion free throws in a row?

Was he the one that hit a zillion free throws in a row?

 

Yes he was...

Murray State

 

Jeff Martin

Marcus Brown

Popeye Jones

Howie Crittenden

Jim Jennings

 

 

Honorable mention to "Jumping" Joe Fulks. (Anyone know of him?)

Edited by bugatti

Was he the one that hit a zillion free throws in a row?

 

That's gotta be a record.

I like the Duke lineup but Battier is a small forward, IMO.

 

PG-Jay Williams(my all time favorite)

SG-JJ Redick(my #2 guy)

SF-Grant Hill

PF-Carlos Boozer

C-Christian Laettner

 

That's who I'd roll with.

 

I don't know enough about the other two to put together a credible lineup. I'd challenge any college team with my Duke lineup.

 

Very solid. Even though he wasnt the best I would love to have Chris Duhon on my bench. One of my favorite Dukies and the guy was a winner.

Murray State

 

Jeff Martin

Marcus Brown

Popeye Jones

Howie Crittenden

Jim Jennings

 

 

Honorable mention to "Jumping" Joe Fulks. (Anyone know of him?)

 

Led the NBA in scoring one year, didn't he?

Wall,Delk, Mashburn, Prince, Cousins..

Led the NBA in scoring one year, didn't he?

In all honesty, I am not sure. Quite possible. He did hold the record at one time for points in an NBA game before it was beaten by Elgin Baylor.

 

He is also credited with inventing the jump shot. Hence, the name.

This thread has made me think just how hard it is to pick out five Duke basketball players that would start....I'll give it my shot.

 

PG - Jason Williams (he wasn't Jay yet)

SG - JJ Redick (by far my favorite ever, and arguably the best shooter in the last 30 years)

SF - Shane Battier (I know a lot would go with Hill, but I think Battier was a much more well rounded collegiate player)

PF - Christian Laettner (only the most clutch player I have ever seen)

C - Elton Brand (NPOY as a SOPH, true monster on the blocks)

This thread has made me think just how hard it is to pick out five Duke basketball players that would start....I'll give it my shot.

 

PG - Jason Williams (he wasn't Jay yet)

SG - JJ Redick (by far my favorite ever, and arguably the best shooter in the last 30 years)

SF - Shane Battier (I know a lot would go with Hill, but I think Battier was a much more well rounded collegiate player)

PF - Christian Laettner (only the most clutch player I have ever seen)

C - Elton Brand (NPOY as a SOPH, true monster on the blocks)

 

Flip a coin between Hill and Battier, They are pretty much even statistically, I'll take Battier's outside game over Hill's, but it's basically pick your poison. How in the world would you defend that starting five?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.