Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Proposal 20 Passed

Featured Replies

JC is the largest county in the state?

 

 

Largest, Population-wise.

  • Replies 522
  • Views 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Largest, Population-wise.

I edited my comment, sorry 'bout that

Why is that? Show me in any law book or guidelines it says schools should only teach that given community. You are guarnteed in our country a free public education. In no way shape or form does this limit where you must attend this public school. Its ridiculous people such as yourself feel you need to make this decision for people.

 

It seems pretty logical that since, you have a LOCAL board of education voted on by members of a community and not everyone in a 10 county area AND local property and utility taxes support the school district, that they are designed for a local basis. It also seems that certain issues are designed to be determined on the LOCAL basis.

 

Where public schools used to have a huge following was when schools were smaller and a since of community was very strong. That has been lost on the public end but the private schools have done a WONDERFUL job in establishing that since of community or family with their schools.

 

BTW, can you ever discuss something without attacking someone personally?

Largest, Population-wise.

 

What is the largest land wise? Pike? Trying to remember my 7th grade KY history class from sometime in the 70's.

AllTell- Obviously, Bev is willing to give that up, as far as kids that play ball is concerned (The only tuition student I knew of that went to Manual was from Henry County, but genuinely lived with her grandmother... she did not play sports). So that should be a null point.

 

I love how you get to decide what null points are.

 

Pete W. clearly stated that Manual did not take students from outside of their district, I show that to be an untrue statement. The fact that those kids don't play sports in a null point because the COULD play sports if they chose to, just like at Trinity or X.

It seems pretty logical that since, you have a LOCAL board of education voted on by members of a community and not everyone in a 10 county area AND local property and utility taxes support the school district, that they are designed for a local basis. It also seems that certain issues are designed to be determined on the LOCAL basis.

 

Where public schools used to have a huge following was when schools were smaller and a since of community was very strong. That has been lost on the public end but the private schools have done a WONDERFUL job in establishing that since of community or family with their schools.

 

BTW, can you ever discuss something without attacking someone personally?

I can on most issues . But this whole vote is so un thought out, and probably one of the most poorly planned propositions. A majority of the voters who voted for it , have no evidence or facts to back up their position. They voted based purley on hatred toward private schools. On myths public schools made up in their minds.

 

The only real advantage we had was the how far we could reach people. We were willing to compromise on that and we turned down. A majority of dimwitted public school figures still believe we give out athletic scholarships.

I love how you get to decide what null points are.

 

Pete W. clearly stated that Manual did not take students from outside of their district, I show that to be an untrue statement. The fact that those kids don't play sports in a null point because the COULD play sports if they chose to, just like at Trinity or X.

Lets stack it up- how many ball players from outside JC at Trinity, and how many at Manual?

 

You're completely aware that I do not support the split, and I have been vocal about it (I even said something to Bev at the PRP game, which I should NOT have done) but lets just be intellectually honest about it- Trinity has gained from ball players outside of JC, especially Oldham County.

I don't think public schools believe Privates get athletic scholarships, I think they believe that a lot of athletes get financial aid, especially athletes that have been going to public schools all their lives up until 9th grade.

Re: Oldham and Shelby Co students - Where else do you propose those students to attend in order to receive the faith-based education their parents wish for them to receive?

I don't think public schools believe Privates get athletic scholarships, I think they believe that a lot of athletes get financial aid, especially athletes that have been going to public schools all their lives up until 9th grade.

They do get financial aid if a 3rd party not affilated to the school decides the family needs it. If a family is well of coming to the private school, they get no assitance. Even if you are of the most needy you still only get 50% of your tution. Which leaves thousands left to be paid. Doesn't sound like an advantage to me?

I don't think public schools believe Privates get athletic scholarships, I think they believe that a lot of athletes get financial aid, especially athletes that have been going to public schools all their lives up until 9th grade.

 

As do MANY parochial students. So what? Public schools give out SIGNIFICANTLY MORE financial aid than private schools. WAY MORE!!!

This is the exact arrogance that public schools are fed up with. Private schools feeling they are EVERYTHING to the KHSAA and HS athletics. Without the privates, the publics are nothing. It has been an attitude that the publics FEEL they are receiving consistently from the private schools. Whether it is true or not or whether the privates believe they are doing it or not, that is what the publics are getting from the privates. That the privates are 'better', not necessarily on the field, but 'better' in life and class.
I don't know of anyone outside of yourself and perhaps a few others that have this misguided opinion. And since you missed it...I have no ties to the private schools.
Lets stack it up- how many ball players from outside JC at Trinity, and how many at Manual?

 

You're completely aware that I do not support the split, and I have been vocal about it (I even said something to Bev at the PRP game, which I should NOT have done) but lets just be intellectually honest about it- Trinity has gained from ball players outside of JC, especially Oldham County.

While were being intelectually honest then lets admit that Manual does take students from outside Jefferson County and those students could play sports if they chose to, just like the kids at Trinity. Where's the inbalance in that?

The thing is, players like Tim Couch would be moving and playing for the closest private school, so that they can get national recognition...and there's a chance that if there is a secession, these private schools will be able to openly recruit.

 

How ironic.

 

You got it right, they will be able to openly recruit instead of doing it behind the curtain.

 

Don't get me wrong, I am against this seperation. It stinks. But it was bound to happen because of all the recruiting. JMO.

The NKY Post in an article yesterday stated that Private Schools won a whopping 17 out of 30 State Championships last year. Wow that's almost 60%. If people would look at the big picture they would realize it's a pretty even playing field. Besides X and T how many Private schools have won a Football Championship? How many Private schools have won a Basketball Championship? What I am gathering is more people are afraid they MIGHT lose to a private school just because they are private not because they may be good.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.