Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Proposal 20 Passed

Featured Replies

Highlands did not beat the best competition available; against a ST. X or Trinity. If it is about playing the best, do away with classes in football and have a truly state football champion in football.
The class system was set up for logical reasons. The public/private seperation would not be for logical reasons.
  • Replies 522
  • Views 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you should speak for yourself on that opinion...

Not all Public school coaches feel the same way you do about this.

:thumb:
Let me add, I have tremendous respect for RM and do not include her and her posts in this category. Some other posters on here are great examples of that arrogance, but not RM.

 

 

:thumb:

Just did. RM, I really respect you and your opinion. It's stinks that this proposal passed. I didn't like the proposal nor the reasoning for it. But again I have to state that by most of the post in this thread they, (private schools), feel that they are above public schools. Calling the public schools pansies doesn't help. You have a couple of posters that think by calling public schools, along with students as young as 9, pansies makes themselves feel better. I don't have any respect for them.

 

I guess the best thing to do is to just hope that the BOE or the regents will shoot this down. And all will be fine in the land of the pansies. :rolleyes:

 

I think the majority of those with cooler heads would never call the public schools pansies. Unfortunately, what happens in these instances are that the inflammatory posts are what are bandied about. It's funny how only the inciteful (not to be confused with insightful :D), posts are ignored. :lol:

If the class system was setup for logical reasons then why do schools with 1400 boys get to compete with schools with 800 boys? Thats not logical.

The class system was set up for logical reasons. The public/private seperation would not be for logical reasons.

While we are talking classes... why aren't their classes for all sports??

Seeding in all districts???

I think you should speak for yourself on that opinion...

Not all Public school coaches feel the same way you do about this.

I stand corrected, my post should say some/most/good percentage but should not have implied all. In my school alone, the coaches are split. Some think 20 was a great idea, some think it was a terrible idea.

O , do you have some information on privates recruiting. I'd love to hear then I will join your side.

 

Having a kid on your sidelines for a state game is recruiting. It may or may not be against the KSHAA rules but it is recruiting. Having your student athletes email kids to get them to come play for you is recruiting. Like I asked in a previous post and got ZERO reply...Did St. X take Ed Wright to one of their academic conpetitions as well as their state title game in football? My guess is no because they didn't want him to win them a spelling bee. They wanted him to come to St. X to play QB. Plain and simple.

If the class system was setup for logical reasons then why do schools with 1400 boys get to compete with schools with 800 boys? Thats not logical.

There is one school in state with an unreal size advantage and that is St.X

 

There is no way around this. But what is better have one school larger than the other. Or making 16 schools play for a state title where 12 of those schools have no more than 300 boys?

I think the majority of those with cooler heads would never call the public schools pansies. Unfortunately, what happens in these instances are that the inflammatory posts are what are bandied about. It's funny how only the inciteful (not to be confused with insightful :D), posts are ignored. :lol:

 

I agree with you 100%.

I think the majority of those with cooler heads would never call the public schools pansies. Unfortunately, what happens in these instances are that the inflammatory posts are what are bandied about. It's funny how only the inciteful (not to be confused with insightful :D), posts are ignored. :lol:

Sorry call me arrogant. I just call them how I see them. I don't hold anything back.

Sorry call me arrogant. I just call them how I see them. I don't hold anything back.

 

 

If I called you arrogant, I'd have to call EVERY man I know arrogant...Oh....wait....well.....ummmm....never mind! :sssh:

If I called you arrogant, I'd have to call EVERY man I know arrogant...Oh....wait....well.....ummmm....never mind! :sssh:

LOL , its a flaw I have I know. But the truth hurts people I guess sometimes.

LOL , its a flaw I have I know. But the truth hurts people I guess sometimes.

 

 

 

Well, I think it's the testosterone, personally. Somehow, men seem to lose all skills of diplomacy and tact when riled.

According to FOX 19 News this evening this was a done deal. I don't think they've done all their homework on this issue!

Yea, understandable though...Fox 19 coverage on Ky. Sports stinks

IMO!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.