Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Proposal 20 Passed

Featured Replies

Your, right. It is interesting. Please don't think I was trying to imply you said anything.

Glad we got it figured out that you were not implying that she was implying and in fact no one was implying. Only facts and not implications are dealt with here on BGP. :cool::D

  • Replies 522
  • Views 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your, right. It is interesting. Please don't think I was trying to imply you said anything.

 

 

His name was ringing bells in my head b/c of the UL team, and so I googled him, and there he was! Then, I saw the part about his kids going to Male...and then I posted this....:lol:

Public schools have to recruit in order to compete with T and X and even with the recruiting going on there is still a battle to compete. Male, Manual(only recently), Ballard (occasionally) are the only ones that CAN do it. I don't think there is a difference in coaching and working hard. The public school coaches work as hard, study as much film, stay away from home as long. It is a numbers game. At the catholic school there are more numbers to practice against. You can have your first offensive group going against a defensive scout team that is just as good as the team you will be playing and vice versa for the defense. At the public schools most of the true atheletes play both ways. The practice is split so both sides of the ball get work. The scout teams they go against are not as good because the numbers aren't as great and the talent they go against is not as good. I've heard of stories that catholic school coaches will recruit kids to their schools just to keep them from going to a public school where they could be utilized to better compete with them. That certainly can't be fair to the kid.

 

Again, good points. It is basically a numbers game. When certain schools have an enrollement of boys that is almost twice that of other schools in their class, they are going to be much better most of the time. If you ask me this is easily seen by the fact that historically T & X are not dominate in baseball or basketball like they have been in football.

 

I see the arguement on here a lot that the public schools should get more boys out for the football. In some cases, such as Henderson Co. that might hold some truth, but with most schools even 4A they only have around 450 to say maybe 600 boys. Now a good percentage of these boys probably have no desire to play football, and would'nt even at a tradition rich school such as St. X. Others might not be able to for financial reasons such as need to work an afterschool job. Like it or not most public schools are simply not capable of having the numbers that T or X have on just their varsity.

 

How many boys at T and X play football at all levels, varisty, jv, and freshman?

Again, good points. It is basically a numbers game. When certain schools have an enrollement of boys that is almost twice that of other schools in their class, they are going to be much better most of the time. If you ask me this is easily seen by the fact that historically T & X are not dominate in baseball or basketball like they have been in football.

 

I see the arguement on here a lot that the public schools should get more boys out for the football. In some cases, such as Henderson Co. that might hold some truth, but with most schools even 4A they only have around 450 to say maybe 600 boys. Now a good percentage of these boys probably have no desire to play football, and would'nt even at a tradition rich school such as St. X. Others might not be able to for financial reasons such as need to work an afterschool job. Like it or not most public schools are simply not capable of having the numbers that T or X have on just their varsity.

 

How many boys at T and X play football at all levels, varisty, jv, and freshman?

 

I'm going to estimate between 120 & 150 @ each school.

I'm going to estimate between 120 & 150 @ each school.

More at the Cat's Lair than the Quarry.

 

The real measure is how many come out for Freshman ball.

More at the Cat's Lair than the Quarry.

 

 

Exactly....a lot more Strays @ the Shelter than Boulders in the Quarry.

According to Glaser there were 170 on the varsity level. Then another 75 on the freshman level. Therego, the HUGE numbers advantage.

According to Glaser there were 170 on the varsity level. Then another 75 on the freshman level. Therego, the HUGE numbers advantage.

 

 

The other night, I counted the Varsity Roster from Trinity, which includes the JV, and it was not 170. I believe there was some gloating on the X side because of their 75 freshman to our 60? I can't remember the specifics....

I'm going to estimate between 120 & 150 @ each school.

 

 

Pretty good guess off the top of your head, but for arguements sake I looked up the actual numbers.

 

According to thsrock.net Varsity - 109, JV roster wasn't given, I assume that all players above freshman are included in the 109, Freshman - 67. Total of 176.

 

According to saintx.com Varsity - 124, JV - 59 who weren't already listed on the varsity roster, and Freshman - 98. Total of 281.

 

Now Owensboro High School only has 1057 students, and I think that it is safe to say that at least 500 are female. Therefore in order to have the same numbers over half the boys would have to play football.

Pretty good guess off the top of your head, but for arguements sake I looked up the actual numbers.

 

According to thsrock.net Varsity - 109, JV roster wasn't given, I assume that all players above freshman are included in the 109, Freshman - 67. Total of 176.

 

According to saintx.com Varsity - 124, JV - 59 who weren't already listed on the varsity roster, and Freshman - 98. Total of 281.

 

Now Owensboro High School only has 1057 students, and I think that it is safe to say that at least 500 are female. Therefore in order to have the same numbers over half the boys would have to play football.

 

 

JV/Varsity roster is the same for THS..we don't have a "set" JV team.

 

Now Owensboro High School only has 1057 students, and I think that it is safe to say that at least 500 are female. Therefore in order to have the same numbers over half the boys would have to play football.

 

Now Owensboro did have a female lineman a few years back.

Not true. Division II is for private schools that offer financial aid. Private schools can play in Division I, with the public schools, if they don't offer financial aid to prospective students.
Yeah what he said. :thumb:
Awesome! A great day for public schools in KY. Proposal 3 also passed, it dealt with out of state players. :dancingpa:

 

Both have been shot down, for now, by reasonable people.

1) Do not under any circumstances call me a liar.

 

2) The leadership they have is solid and well grounded and fair.

I call them as I see them ;)

I am sure this will come as a surprise to many of the elite private schools but us hillbillies can read and so can our kids....that is how they know. they have seen what has gone on for years.

 

They have seen that the majority wants things to be EASIER for them, instead of earning the right to call themselves the best? BRAVO....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.