Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Proposal 20 Passed

Featured Replies

You got it right, they will be able to openly recruit instead of doing it behind the curtain.

 

Don't get me wrong, I am against this seperation. It stinks. But it was bound to happen because of all the recruiting. JMO.

Funny isn't it that according to KHSAA records a majority of schools that have had findings of illegal recruiting against them have in fact been public schools.

  • Replies 522
  • Views 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know of anyone outside of yourself and perhaps a few others that have this misguided opinion. And since you missed it...I have no ties to the private schools.

 

I would have to agree with LBC. After reading most of the posts within this thread and reading pansy after pansy remarks, I would get that assumption that the private schools think they are better.

Pete, it appears that your beef is directed toward Trinity High School. I counted eight athletes in the memo in post 275. Six of them attended Trinity High School. One was claimed to have been recruited by private school but did not go out of his district in Indiana. The other was listed as playing in a private school but the memo did not name the private school. I fail to see how this bolsters in any way your argument that "I guess T and X would not have won all those Kentucky Championships without the help of some really pretty Hoosiers." Earlier this week there was a listing of all the multiple state championships won by the various high schools in Kentucky since 1995 in the Louisville Courier-Journal. There were three or four schools, including Trinity, that had won eight state titles during this period. Some schools had won seven state titles during this period, and a few had won six state titles during this period. St. X was listed as having won 39 state titles during this period. Your real target, then, is St. X. Do you really believe that the one player that was listed in the memo that St. X allegedly recruited but never came to St. X had anything to do with those 39 state championships? Many of the arguments made against the private schools by proponents of separation are totally unfounded. You asked that some of us reply to your post. Let me returned the favor and posit a question for you, and ask that you answer the question rationally. When separation advocates say we must "level the playing field"with private schools what do they mean? If anyone answers this invitation, please list of three or four areas that you believe the playing field is not level, and tilts in the favor of private schools. I would be interested in discussing this with any other posters who believe that the playing field "is not level". ;)

 

 

1. I hope you agree that JCPS can't take students outside of Jefferson County, Just like shelby county cant take students from jefferson county. Then why should X or T be able to take students from where ever they want. That is not even.

 

2. Look at the falcilites, public schools cant put their money into football feilds or milti million weight rooms. Why because the state and Federal Gov's mandate where and how much, not to mention the JCPS.

 

3. Title IX.

 

4. Number of coaches allowed to coach.

 

5. Feeder System - Public youth can join any team, and eventhough the team may be named Butler or Doss does not mean they go to those schools, I know that Cathoilc grade schools dont have to go to Catholic high schools but we all know most do. You have to admit that gives them an edge. Plus I have been to catholic grade games and they will announce Coach Beaty or Coach Glaser will be visting the Booster culb or the school to talk about X or T. Coach Nichols or REdman (or any other high school coach in JCPS) cant go to one of the middle school and tell them how great Male is or How great Manual is. They cant go to the catholic schools and let the kids know about their school. Not to mention Coach Glaser Official postion at the school is Recruiting Coordinator.

 

I look it like if the NCAA said U of L we are going to put you in a national playoff, but you can only get players from Kentucky and your Bordering states, and you are going to play Penn St. who can get players from the whole nation. Who would win, Penn St. 9 out of 10 times. They dont because that have different Divisions. Each has certain limits. I would love for the private schools to say OK, We will stay within Jefferson County. They can take private and public school kids, but only from one county. I would be ok with that. But they wont. WHY, is it because they would not be able to compete with the public schools? or for some other reason? Again I truly believe if the private schools just stay in Jefferson their would not be a problem, but they will not do that. But every public has to.

I would have to agree with LBC. After reading most of the posts within this thread and reading pansy after pansy remarks, I would get that assumption that the private schools think they are better.

 

 

Did you read my post?

I don't know of anyone outside of yourself and perhaps a few others that have this misguided opinion. And since you missed it...I have no ties to the private schools.

If you have an open discussion with coaches of public schools, they will tell you the same opinion.

I don't know of anyone outside of yourself and perhaps a few others that have this misguided opinion. And since you missed it...I have no ties to the private schools.

 

Most would get it from reading the many of the previous posts in this thread.

Did you read my post?

Let me add, I have tremendous respect for RM and do not include her and her posts in this category. Some other posters on here are great examples of that arrogance, but not RM.

No you are wrong

 

Manual has students from outside Jefferson County. In the newspaper the other day Keepers admitted that there were students from Indiana attending Manual.

 

I know that there are kids from Oldham County at Manual and other schools in Jefferson County.

 

 

Know your Facts and show me where she said that. Manual does not and can not accept out of county students, call the Board of JCPS and ask yourself, I did?

Let me add, I have tremendous respect for RM and do not include her and her posts in this category. Some other posters on here are great examples of that arrogance, but not RM.

I know your referring to me.

 

I don't understand how it is arrogant in my statements. With voting yes public schools admitted to be inferior to privates.

Know your Facts and show me where she said that. Manual does not and can not accept out of county students, call the Board of JCPS and ask yourself, I did?

Then why would a principal of a public JCPS HS say otherwise in a newspaper article?

I know your referring to me.

 

I don't understand how it is arrogant in my statements. With voting yes public schools admitted to be inferior to privates.

 

How do they admit to be inferior?

How do they admit to be inferior?

You are admitting you can't beat private schools and thus want to take the easy way out. I don't know how that doesn't admit it.

I guess with your mindset here Highlands, St. X, Beechwood, Danville, Boyle County, etc, needs to quit thumping their chests so much about those football titles.
Why should they? Their titles were won fairly and agains equal competition--both public and private. :rolleyes:
You are admitting you can't beat private schools and thus want to take the easy way out. I don't know how that doesn't admit it.

 

The privates obviously weren't too concerned with this happening when they were on their recruiting trips. The publics didn't admit to being inferior, they admitted what the privates won't, that the playing field isn't level.

What does Prop 20 say to "city schools" that recruit?

 

Everybody knows schools like Pikeville & Paintsville High School are able to bring in kids from outside their respective counties to their school. How do you level this playing field?

 

Issues like that go unresolved because others are too busy worried about 3 private schools with open enrollment.

 

Simply put - something needs to be done to stop schools from stacking talent, PERIOD.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.