Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cornell/Kentucky Predictions

Who wins? 124 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Tweeters at the Carrier Dome said UK just took the floor to practice and was met by a very loud chorus of boos from the Syracuse fans

 

I wouldn't expect many of the UK fans that are going to the game would have bothered to take an extra day off and go up for practice. I'd imagine the vast majority that are there today are Cuse/Cornell fans. Hopefully it will even out a little more by game time.

  • Replies 108
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tweeters at the Carrier Dome said UK just took the floor to practice and was met by a very loud chorus of boos from the Syracuse fans

 

That doesn't shock me. Those shootarounds are usually open to the public. That doesn't mean those same fans will be in the stands when during the games.

I wouldn't expect many of the UK fans that are going to the game would have bothered to take an extra day off and go up for practice. I'd imagine the vast majority that are there today are Cuse/Cornell fans. Hopefully it will even out a little more by game time.

I think you're right although UK fans will be the only ones cheering for them. The others will be cheering for whoever they are playing on Thursday and Saturday

The one thing that has not been mentioned yet is how will Cornell handle the newfound attention they have been getting after their first two wins by the national media. UK has had to deal with the scrutiny all season and have played in big games all season. Also I highly doubt that UK comes out underestimating this Cornell team especially with everyone not being a UK fan pulling for the Big Red. If UK comes out and plays the way they can then they should pull away in the 2nd half for a 15 point win...if not then it will be a nail-biter throughout.

 

The one big advantage UK has is that they can keep a couple of bigs in the game throughout with Cousins/Orton while at some point Foote has to come out for some rest. If I am UK...I come out early and feed Cousins early and often to challenge Foote and try to get him in foul trouble...and even if he misses that leaves Patterson in good shape for the rebounds. UK also has to get Cornell into a running game with their press even if it leaves to some open threes for Cornell early...it will wear them down as the game goes along.

 

Should be a fun one to watch...GO CATS!!!

 

I think UK's plan every game should be to go inside to Cousins.

 

And, I disagree with the running and pressing at the expense of open threes. Obviously an up-and-down game benefits UK, but they're a better team. They don't have to play fast to win this game and allowing Cornell's shooters to get off is one of the few ways they can lose.

 

Playing defense like they're capable and exploiting mismatches on offense will be the easiest way to speed this game up. They'll build a lead if they do that and force Cornell to play catch up. Obviously, Kentucky should, and will I imagine, push the ball to try to get easy baskets, but that's what they always do. I just don't think they need to sacrifice anything defensively in an effort to speed it up.

Is Bilas still picking the smart kids?

 

Keith Olbermann went to Cornell and was talking about them on his show the other night. That's just one more reason for me to relish the opportunity to put them out of the tournament. :lol::popcorn:

I think there's a Star Trek convention in New York that night...:idunno:

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::notworthy:

Tweeters at the Carrier Dome said UK just took the floor to practice and was met by a very loud chorus of boos from the Syracuse fans

 

 

I can't believe they Syracuse fans would do that. Do you think UK fans would do the same if Duke had to play at Rupp? :sssh::p

I think UK makes Cornell look like a typical Ivy League team in this game. UK should be focused and ready to go. Cats by 20+ in utterly dominating fashion.

Other than LRCW, who picked Cornell? :D

 

LRCW is contractually obligated to pick against the Cats per agreement with the University of Kentucky Athletics Deparment (and Big Blue Nation).

Old Wireman:

 

Kentucky 121

Cornell 47

 

New and Improved Wireman:

 

Kentucky 78

Cornell 65

 

:lol:

I'm thinking Cats by 15 82-67. Cornell holds UK to it's lost point total of the tourney thus far. I had to really put some thought into this one.

I'm thinking Cats by 15 82-67. Cornell holds UK to it's lost point total of the tourney thus far. I had to really put some thought into this one.

 

82 points and lowest point total seem like total opposites.

 

The Cats were blazing in rounds one and two.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.