Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cornell/Kentucky Predictions

Who wins? 124 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

:lol: You surely aren't being serious....UK fans will make up way more than the majority without question.

 

You may be right, but don't call him Shirley.

  • Replies 108
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kentucky has an advantage at every position, everytime down the floor. Who overlooks a team in the sweet 16? No one, this team is on a mission and flat out abuse these guys from Cornell. The Big Red's three point shooting ability might keep thm close for a while, but the Cat's open this one up big late in the first half.

 

UK- 87

Cornell- 65

My opinion is this, at halftime 32-32 tied up. Cornell has 8 seniors that have played together for the longest. They can shoot the 3 PT very very well. But I think UK will be too fast, strong and talented for Cornell, UK pulls away with a 84-69 victory. Yeah, that means UK scores 52 in the second half, and Cornell scores 37. Bledsoe/Miller get on a hot streak from the early go of the 2nd half with 8mins to go I'm predicting a 67-49 game.

Kentucky, but it will be closer than people expect. Cornell is not in the Sweet 16 by accident.

I'm afraid it will be the Cornell fans out in force. Their campus is only 45 minutes from Syracuse, then you add the fact that the Syracuse fans will no doubt be there cheering against UK. There is no way that the Cats have the majority of fans behind them in Syracuse.

 

 

Yes, I knew this , that is why I stated the UK fans need to be there. Guess I should have explained myself more, but you did a great job. :D

The key will be UK's defense IMO. If they play the kind of suffocating defense they've shown in flashes and shown in entirety the first 2 NCAA games, they will shut down anyone.

 

Everyone is talking about Cornell controlling tempo and making it a "half court" game, however I think UK has excelled in "half court defense" and that is where they are the toughest of late. Their half court offense is continuing to improve and if they hit just a few good shots from the perimeter it will open up the middle even more.

 

It should be a tough, tough game but I think KY will pull it out if they give the same effort they have this past weekend. :thumb:

X will be on.

 

Either X will be on Ch 19 or Ky will be on Ch 64. Both games will be shown!!! IMO. Either way it's going to be a long Friday for me. The game will get over about Midnight and then I'm leaving for Florida with the family at 4 the next morning. A whole 4 hrs sleep with a drive to Valdosta!!! Fun.....

Anyone who thinks UK fans will not make up the majority of the crowd is badly mistaken or not prone to history. A.) UK goes everywhere and B.) got a full day head start on planning and buying tickets than Cornell did. If ALL of Cornell's fans show up would they still have more than us? Doubtful.

:lol: You surely aren't being serious....UK fans will make up way more than the majority without question.

 

 

Yes I'm being serious.

I expect a lot of Cat fans. We have been projected in the Syracuse region for awhile. Don't underestimate Cornell fans though. I imagine every alum and student in the area will be there.

Coury started as a walk-on but became scholarship under OTS! So wonder why OTS was ran out of town?

Kentucky 77-64.

The key will be UK's defense IMO. If they play the kind of suffocating defense they've shown in flashes and shown in entirety the first 2 NCAA games, they will shut down anyone.

 

Everyone is talking about Cornell controlling tempo and making it a "half court" game, however I think UK has excelled in "half court defense" and that is where they are the toughest of late. Their half court offense is continuing to improve and if they hit just a few good shots from the perimeter it will open up the middle even more.

 

It should be a tough, tough game but I think KY will pull it out if they give the same effort they have this past weekend. :thumb:

 

:thumb:

 

If Kentucky plays with the focus and energy they've shown through two rounds, this one will be another double digit victory. If they come out flat and unfocused (as we saw at times during the season), it could be a nail-biter.

 

I expect the Cats to be focused and ready. Bilas picking the upset should serve as a little motivation for the Cats...Cal can use that to invoke the "us against the world" attitude in the locker room. :D

 

Whatever it takes.

 

Kentucky 75

Cornell 60

I'm afraid it will be the Cornell fans out in force. Their campus is only 45 minutes from Syracuse, then you add the fact that the Syracuse fans will no doubt be there cheering against UK. There is no way that the Cats have the majority of fans behind them in Syracuse.

 

I think there's a Star Trek convention in New York that night...:idunno:

This team is starting to steam roll the field just like the 96 team UK 86-Cornell-68

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.