Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cornell/Kentucky Predictions

Who wins? 124 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 108
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cornell is 29-4

UK is 34-2

 

They have 1 common opponent, Alabama

 

The Big Red beat Bama 71-67 in Tuscaloosa.

UK beat Bama 66-55 in Lexington and 73-67 in Nashville.

 

 

That's not true. Cornell beat Drexel 61-54 at Drexel on November 29th.

 

Kentucky beat Drexel 88-44 at Kentucky for win number 2000 on December 21st.

Edited by AverageJoesGym

Kentucky - 78

Cornell - 59

 

Not as close as the final score indicates IMO.

For the first time in my life I have bet on a UK game, and bet in favor of UK...

 

A buddy of mine is convinced that Cornell is going to beat UK. I heavily disagree. Our wager (which was a friendly amount of $10) was that I said UK will win by 15+. He gets 1-14, I get 15 and over. He said if Cornell wins, we both win. :lol:

 

Just thought I would share.

For the first time in my life I have bet on a UK game, and bet in favor of UK...

 

A buddy of mine is convinced that Cornell is going to beat UK. I heavily disagree. Our wager (which was a friendly amount of $10) was that I said UK will win by 15+. He gets 1-14, I get 15 and over. He said if Cornell wins, we both win. :lol:

 

Just thought I would share.

 

 

Don't you feel dirty now? :lol:

Don't you feel dirty now? :lol:

 

Never thought I'd see the day. :D :lol:

I'd be shocked if UK doesn't win by 15-20 pts.

The one thing that has not been mentioned yet is how will Cornell handle the newfound attention they have been getting after their first two wins by the national media. UK has had to deal with the scrutiny all season and have played in big games all season. Also I highly doubt that UK comes out underestimating this Cornell team especially with everyone not being a UK fan pulling for the Big Red. If UK comes out and plays the way they can then they should pull away in the 2nd half for a 15 point win...if not then it will be a nail-biter throughout.

 

The one big advantage UK has is that they can keep a couple of bigs in the game throughout with Cousins/Orton while at some point Foote has to come out for some rest. If I am UK...I come out early and feed Cousins early and often to challenge Foote and try to get him in foul trouble...and even if he misses that leaves Patterson in good shape for the rebounds. UK also has to get Cornell into a running game with their press even if it leaves to some open threes for Cornell early...it will wear them down as the game goes along.

 

Should be a fun one to watch...GO CATS!!!

For the first time in my life I have bet on a UK game, and bet in favor of UK...

 

A buddy of mine is convinced that Cornell is going to beat UK. I heavily disagree. Our wager (which was a friendly amount of $10) was that I said UK will win by 15+. He gets 1-14, I get 15 and over. He said if Cornell wins, we both win. :lol:

 

Just thought I would share.

 

I think your bet is safe.

I'd be shocked if UK doesn't win by 15-20 pts.

 

I think your bet is safe.

 

:thumb:

The one thing that has not been mentioned yet is how will Cornell handle the newfound attention they have been getting after their first two wins by the national media. UK has had to deal with the scrutiny all season and have played in big games all season. Also I highly doubt that UK comes out underestimating this Cornell team especially with everyone not being a UK fan pulling for the Big Red. If UK comes out and plays the way they can then they should pull away in the 2nd half for a 15 point win...if not then it will be a nail-biter throughout.

 

The one big advantage UK has is that they can keep a couple of bigs in the game throughout with Cousins/Orton while at some point Foote has to come out for some rest. If I am UK...I come out early and feed Cousins early and often to challenge Foote and try to get him in foul trouble...and even if he misses that leaves Patterson in good shape for the rebounds. UK also has to get Cornell into a running game with their press even if it leaves to some open threes for Cornell early...it will wear them down as the game goes along.

 

Should be a fun one to watch...GO CATS!!!

 

I completely agree with this. This is the perfect time to follow Pitino's strategy. He never cared to give up some easy ones early because he knew that later in the game those shots would come up short and the passes would find the defenders hands. :thumb:

Tweeters at the Carrier Dome said UK just took the floor to practice and was met by a very loud chorus of boos from the Syracuse fans

I completely agree with this. This is the perfect time to follow Pitino's strategy. He never cared to give up some easy ones early because he knew that later in the game those shots would come up short and the passes would find the defenders hands. :thumb:

 

I agree. Run, and run, and run. Cornell doesn't have the athletes to handle that for an entire game.

 

That said, when we played "good" teams, the score seemed to be in the sixties (UConn, Carolina, Tennesseex2).

 

But because Cornell shoots it so well, we need to put the pressure on them and go up and down.

Tweeters at the Carrier Dome said UK just took the floor to practice and was met by a very loud chorus of boos from the Syracuse fans

 

That's funny.

 

Kentucky has done well in hostile environments, which they have faced basically all season. Poor shooting is what cost them in Tennessee, and rebounding and some kid by the name of Downey at SC.

 

We make a good amount of shots, and force them to run, and it will be over before it starts.

For the first time in my life I have bet on a UK game, and bet in favor of UK...

 

A buddy of mine is convinced that Cornell is going to beat UK. I heavily disagree. Our wager (which was a friendly amount of $10) was that I said UK will win by 15+. He gets 1-14, I get 15 and over. He said if Cornell wins, we both win. :lol:

 

Just thought I would share.

 

I'd have seen just how convinced he was...I wouldn't have given 14 points. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.