March 16, 201016 yr Stansbury is just upset that he made some bad decisions down the stretch, most notably the in bounds play after a timeout with about 47 seconds remaining. The ball was thrown in the worst possible place in front of UK's bench against the sideline. Wall got the steal, and imo, that was the key play that started the comeback. Horrible play out of a TO. If you're gonna make a mistake there, make sure it's toward the Miss St. goal, so your team can get back and play D.
March 16, 201016 yr I like Stansbury. I think they should have made the tournament. He is an old KY boy. Played high school ball at Meade Co and college ball at Campbellsville. Got his coaching start at Campbellsville and Cumberland College, now University of Cumberlands.
March 16, 201016 yr Author Tipton clears it all up for Mississippi State: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/03/16/1183621/free-throw-violation-not-called.html
March 16, 201016 yr He can cross as soon as the ball leaves the shooters hand... Not to dispute you... Gottlieb on ESPN said that if you are outside the three point line, you may not come in until the ball hits the rim. In any event, Cal can complain about some missed calls as well. It's a moot point now.
March 16, 201016 yr The next question is who had the possession arrow pointing their way. At least one Kentucky and one Mississippi State player violated the rule by being inside the three point arc before the ball hit the rim. Double violation. Dead ball. The ball is then awarded to the team as per the possession arrow. I do not know which direction that arrow was pointing.
March 16, 201016 yr Author The next question is who had the possession arrow pointing their way. At least one Kentucky and one Mississippi State player violated the rule by being inside the three point arc before the ball hit the rim. Double violation. Dead ball. The ball is then awarded to the team as per the possession arrow. I do not know which direction that arrow was pointing. Possession arrow was in favor of MSU...
March 16, 201016 yr Mississippi State blew not one, but two games against the Cats this year. They lost a 7 point lead in less than 2 minutes I believe, and then the loss in the SEC Tournament. That was a tough loss, especially considering what it cost them, but they don't need to look any further than the nearest mirror to find someone to blame. I agree 100% with Jay Bilas. People always point to how well they played against Kentucky. Well, they have roughly 30 other games to play that way and they don't do it. If they had, they'd have been in regardless of what happened on Sunday. This will give them more time to talk to DeMarcus...or practice their bottle throwing.
March 16, 201016 yr What are his thoughts on Varnado doing the Bunny Hop after a rebound on the baseline??? I noticed that too. But he was just skipping on one foot, so that shouldn't count! I agree that Wall probably committed a violation, but like you pointed out, that was not the only missed call in the game.
March 16, 201016 yr Author Tipton's article worked out great: http://blogs.clarionledger.com/msu/2010/03/16/words-get-stronger-from-stansbury/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
March 17, 201016 yr I always thought that you could leave when ball is released if you are on the lane, besides shooter and if you are behind the three point line you have to wait until it hits the rim. You are correct, the shooter and those behind the arc have to stay put until the ball hits the rim.
March 17, 201016 yr I'm upset that Stansbury spent the entire game 20 feet out on the floor and no technical was call. That isn't a judgement call either. Leave it to Tipton to keep stirring it up.
March 17, 201016 yr I'm upset that Stansbury spent the entire game 20 feet out on the floor and no technical was call. That isn't a judgement call either. Leave it to Tipton to keep stirring it up. :thumb: There was one instance when I thought he was trying to draw a charge from one of our guys running up the court. :idunno: Get over it. Play like that in the other 30 games and you won't need to cry about the officials when you blow leads late.
March 17, 201016 yr IMO, this is what happens when "Big Programs" get a break and win a big game. "It's a conspiracy and the ref's fault." I've long held that UK, UNC, Duke, (among others) all have won big "comeback" games and the losing team whines about the "calls" they got that were the difference. It's just great that we are good enough for people to whine about us again.
March 17, 201016 yr IMO, this is what happens when "Big Programs" get a break and win a big game. "It's a conspiracy and the ref's fault." I've long held that UK, UNC, Duke, (among others) all have won big "comeback" games and the losing team whines about the "calls" they got that were the difference. It's just great that we are good enough for people to whine about us again. :thumb: That's the same sentiment I relayed to my wife when South Carolina beat us. My exact words were "Even in a loss, its exciting to know that beating UK means something again." UK does get more breaks than normal teams...in basketball. In football, its the opposite. Likewise, all the traditional powers get some breaks, especially when they have contending teams. That's the way it goes. But, as far as bad breaks costing you, MSU has a pretty weak case this time, IMO.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.