March 15, 201016 yr Author He can cross as soon as the ball leaves the shooters hand... If that's the rule, then there's no violation, IMO.
March 15, 201016 yr He can cross as soon as the ball leaves the shooters hand... It looks legal to me then.
March 15, 201016 yr If you are talking about players in the lane before the ball hits the rim, then five players (Cousins and four Bulldogs) are in the lane before the ball hits the rim. As far as crossing the free throw line before the ball hits the rim? Wall, Bledsoe, and a State player all crossed the line before the ball hit the rim. Patrick Patterson is the only player in the video not to have a violation. I thought the rule was that as soon as the ball leaves the shooter's hands the players can move into position but the shooter has to stay until it hits the rim???? :confused:
March 15, 201016 yr Author I thought the rule was that as soon as the ball leaves the shooter's hands the players can move into position but the shooter has to stay until it hits the rim???? :confused: That is my understanding on the college rule. Everyone is good as far as the release is concerned. I'm not clear on the rule about crossing the free throw line...
March 15, 201016 yr Author I personally think Stansbury is mad because Wall used Bill Goldberg's finishing move on him earlier in the game...
March 15, 201016 yr I thought the rule was that as soon as the ball leaves the shooter's hands the players can move into position but the shooter has to stay until it hits the rim???? :confused: That is what I thought as well, which if that is the case, Bledsoe committed a violation.
March 15, 201016 yr I thought the rule was that as soon as the ball leaves the shooter's hands the players can move into position but the shooter has to stay until it hits the rim???? :confused: That's correct. The only person that has to wait for it to hit the rim is the shooter...
March 15, 201016 yr I always thought that you could leave when ball is released if you are on the lane, besides shooter and if you are behind the three point line you have to wait until it hits the rim.
March 15, 201016 yr I personally think Stansbury is mad because Wall used Bill Goldberg's finishing move on him earlier in the game... :lol:
March 15, 201016 yr That's correct. The only person that has to wait for it to hit the rim is the shooter... Why doesn't Doug Gottleib know this? :lol:
March 15, 201016 yr Wall, Bledsoe, and a State player were across the FT line before the ball hit the rim.
March 15, 201016 yr It clearly should have been a Technical on Rick Stansbury,for being on the playing floor close to mid court at the end of the game!So far I have not seen any UK fans complaining about that violation that was not called!
March 15, 201016 yr Wall, Bledsoe, and a State player were across the FT line before the ball hit the rim. So the rule is that only players in the lane can advance into the lane when the shot is released? :idunno:
March 15, 201016 yr If you pause the video Wall is inside FF line past Bledsoe before the ball hits the rim.
March 15, 201016 yr If you pause the video Wall is inside FF line past Bledsoe before the ball hits the rim. So is everyone else. The only 2 guys who aren't past the FT line, or inside the box, are Dodson and Patterson.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.