Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stansbury: "It's a very obvious lane violation" on John Wall

Featured Replies

Here is a screen shot paused with the ball as close to the rim as I could get it.

laneviolation.jpg

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So is everyone else. The only 2 guys who aren't past the FT line, or inside the box, are Dodson and Patterson.

 

The shooter and guys behind 3 point line can't leave until ball hits rim.

What are his thoughts on Varnado doing the Bunny Hop after a rebound on the baseline???

 

Varnado hopped on one leg. I can't believe they didn't call that one.

The shooter and guys behind 3 point line can't leave until ball hits rim.

So both teams are in violation.

Varnado hopped on one leg. I can't believe they didn't call that one.

 

I almost said he was playing Hop Scotch, but the Bunny Hop sounded more funny... :D

When Wall ran into the very rules concious Stansberry earlier in the game, was he (Coach S) on the floor or off of it? IF he was on the floor and was ran into by the player, where was the technical that should have been called? Games have calls that are bad, could go either way or are not called at all during every game. We tend to focus on the late calls......

Stansbury is just mad that his team let another game get away against the Cats when the Bulldogs should have won the ballgame in regulation...that and maybe the bulldogs should teach Augustus how to block out on free throws

The shooter and guys behind 3 point line can't leave until ball hits rim.

 

Ok?

Cal just said on his show that it was a violation but they probably didn't call it because it had no bearing on the play.

Cal just said on his show that it was a violation but they probably didn't call it because it had no bearing on the play.

 

Now that is something that I disagree wholeheartedly with.

 

First of all, Wall got the rebound. Secondly, you call a lane violation on the offensive team as soon as it happens.

WHat is the rule?

 

If it is when the ball leaves the hand then I say Wall is okay.

 

If he can't enter until the ball hits the rim then I say violation.

 

 

But Stansbury should be upset that they didn't block out Cousins who was able to tip the ball out.

 

Quit crying Stansbury. You should have played Defense and made sure Dobson had the ball in the end and took your chances on a 20 foot jump shot.

I Wall violated, which I think he did, then so did the State player who was outside the 3 point line. Therefore, it would have been a double violation. If that was called Bledsoe would have missed again and this time Wall would have hit the 3 saving UK the overtime period.

 

The bunny hop by Vernado was obvious.

Varnado hopped on one leg. I can't believe they didn't call that one.

 

I remember that as well. I couldn't believe it.

WHat is the rule?

 

If it is when the ball leaves the hand then I say Wall is okay.

 

If he can't enter until the ball hits the rim then I say violation.

 

 

But Stansbury should be upset that they didn't block out Cousins who was able to tip the ball out.

 

Quit crying Stansbury. You should have played Defense and made sure Dobson had the ball in the end and took your chances on a 20 foot jump shot.

 

Footballfever is correct. The shooter as well as anyone behind him have to wait for the ball to hit the rim before crossing the FT line.

 

Wall and #3 both violated that rule. Go to the AP.

Yeah I think only the guys lined up in the lane go when the ball is released. Everyone else including the shooter has to wait until it hits the rim. It was a violation and they didn't call it. UK won and it's to late. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.