Boone County 32 Ryle 30

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats to Boone. I love my Lady Raiders and I am sorry to see their season end. You provided a lot of thrills and joy to this fan. Can't wait til next year. By the way, when does AAU season start.LOL!

Ms. Sandlin, my hat's off to you. Your "D" on Jump IMO was the difference in the game. Crittendon going to the bench in the 1st half with 2 fouls didn't help but your senior leadership got you to Diddle.

I couldn't believe what I saw in that last minute of play, and especially Ryle conceding the loss with 6 seconds on the clock. Boone County had a 2 point lead, foul the rebounder, have 5 seconds left after the fouls shots then see what happens. 4 Ryle players nearby watching the rebounder dribble and 1 Ryle player laying on her back midcourt with 6 seconds left just isn't good basketball. I think Ryle needs to work on time management for next season. Good luck to Boone County. Be the 1st 9th region team to win it all.

Sandlin was wonderful. She was poised and in control. No one happier for her than her mentor for the past 3yrs years on and off the floor.

Moss was the difference. She draws so much attention that it makes the game easier for her teammates. She's a go-to player that Ryle just didn't utilize properly thus no one was happy...Boone would be mediocre without her and Sandlin wouldn't have half the assists she has...Syd is a great fit and exactly where she belongs...

I for one do not understand why Ryle sits in a 2/3 zone...of course, the game will always stay close, but to me it shows lack of confidence in your player's to man-up...IMO, Ryle is too good and way to athletic to not play in-your-face "D". Boone has 1 ball handler and 1 go-to player so sitting in a zone for 4qtrs allows Boone to stay rested and out of foul trouble...I know Chris (Asst Coach) and it's not usually his style, but perhaps he's changed or has little input.

Exactly the point about Sandlin. Who do you think was getting the ball to Moss? Sandlin is #3 in the state in assist

Sandlin only had 3 assists for the game...she did great getting the ball inside, but Moss goes and gets a ton of balls off misses while the defense is watching.

Sandlin's strength yesterday was controlling the floor, taking away the ability for Ryle to press, and absolutely shutting down Jump...again!

I couldn't believe what I saw in that last minute of play, and especially Ryle conceding the loss with 6 seconds on the clock. Boone County had a 2 point lead, foul the rebounder, have 5 seconds left after the fouls shots then see what happens. 4 Ryle players nearby watching the rebounder dribble and 1 Ryle player laying on her back midcourt with 6 seconds left just isn't good basketball. I think Ryle needs to work on time management for next season. .

:idunno: Baffling isn't it?

I couldn't believe what I saw in that last minute of play, and especially Ryle conceding the loss with 6 seconds on the clock. Boone County had a 2 point lead, foul the rebounder, have 5 seconds left after the fouls shots then see what happens. 4 Ryle players nearby watching the rebounder dribble and 1 Ryle player laying on her back midcourt with 6 seconds left just isn't good basketball. I think Ryle needs to work on time management for next season. Good luck to Boone County. Be the 1st 9th region team to win it all.

Both coaches were screaming to foul. Players lost track of the clock

and you can attribute that to experience and never being in that situation before. Everyone returns for Ryle next year and most even the following year

so I am sure they will learn from this experience.

No they did not. Called the last one after Crittendon made the 3 to cut it

to two under a minute to play.

Stand corrected. . . From post game grumbles, a lot of fans thought there was another Ryle T/O left. So much for that complaint!

Sandlin was wonderful. She was poised and in control. No one happier for her than her mentor for the past 3yrs years on and off the floor.

Moss was the difference. She draws so much attention that it makes the game easier for her teammates. She's a go-to player that Ryle just didn't utilize properly thus no one was happy...Boone would be mediocre without her and Sandlin wouldn't have half the assists she has...Syd is a great fit and exactly where she belongs...

I for one do not understand why Ryle sits in a 2/3 zone...of course, the game will always stay close, but to me it shows lack of confidence in your player's to man-up...IMO, Ryle is too good and way to athletic to not play in-your-face "D". Boone has 1 ball handler and 1 go-to player so sitting in a zone for 4qtrs allows Boone to stay rested and out of foul trouble...I know Chris (Asst Coach) and it's not usually his style, but perhaps he's changed or has little input.

Boone scores 32 points and you are saying they were in the wrong "d" for that game. Give me a Break. Moss teammates had 14 and she had 18 sounds like that 2-3 was easy for them all. Can not understand how a HOF

coach who has been building a program for 25 years with four returning starters(2 seniors) and a transfer like Moss can only beat Ryle with a coach who has had the program for 3 years in OT, 1 point and 2 points. Seriously,

and Oliverio is getting ripped for being a "bad" coach. Maybe Nell should be asking herself how Ryle is so close to her in such a short period of time

Not to mention the transfer from Ryle? Ryle has done this with underclassmen

not with experience! Next two years could be interesting! Anyone want to

guess on who the next one to Boone is? Boone needs a guard!