Holmes / Dixie 3/4 Predictions

Who wins this battle and moves on to face the winner of Newp Cent Cath vs Boone Co.?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this battle and moves on to face the winner of Newp Cent Cath vs Boone Co.?

• Holmes
    • Dixie

Holmes enters the 9th regional tournament winners of 10 in a row vs Dixie who is 4-6 in their last 10 but gave Holmes a physical battle a few weeks back in Crestview Hills. Can Dixie repeat that effort or will Holmes try to make a statement in the beginning of their quest for back to back state titles?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes enters the 9th regional tournament winners of 10 in a row vs Dixie who is 4-6 in their last 10 but gave Holmes a physical battle a few weeks back in Crestview Hills. Can Dixie repeat that effort or will Holmes try to make a statement in the beginning of their quest for back to back state titles?

This is Holmes's time of the year. They tend to play to their ability and I think that trend will not change this year. I look for them to make a statement in this game, with Pittman and Rico leading the way. Ill take Holmes by 20.

Brandon Hatton will need to hold Ricardo to under 10 points in order for the Colonels to win this game. Also Pike needs to be bigger than big this game. He needs to contain Pittman in the paint. He also needs to stay out of fould trouble. The ONLY reason Dixie didnt pull the upset off on February 2nd is Pike only played about half to three fourths of the game at most. He was in foul trouble the whole game. This is going to shock some of you all but im going with the Colonels on this one. Hatton and Pike will have big games. Hatton will go for 15+ and Pike will go for 18+. I dont think the Dogs have been playing well as of late and I think them over looking the 8th seeded Colonels will bite them in the rear this game.

Good luck to both teams!

:dancingpa

Dixie Heights Colonels - 67

Holmes Bulldogs - 62

Brandon Hatton will need to hold Ricardo to under 10 points in order for the Colonels to win this game. Also Pike needs to be bigger than big this game. He needs to contain Pittman in the paint. He also needs to stay out of fould trouble. The ONLY reason Dixie didnt pull the upset off on February 2nd is Pike only played about half to three fourths of the game at most. He was in foul trouble the whole game. This is going to shock some of you all but im going with the Colonels on this one. Hatton and Pike will have big games. Hatton will go for 15+ and Pike will go for 18+. I dont think the Dogs have been playing well as of late and I think them over looking the 8th seeded Colonels will bite them in the rear this game.

Good luck to both teams!

:dancingpa

Dixie Heights Colonels - 67

Holmes Bulldogs - 62

There is no way that Hatton or Pike can singlehandedly hold Ricardo and Elijah down. Too many other players over the last 2 years have been unable to. Why do you think that these two players are different?

I am anxious to see if Holmes can speed the game up, or if Dixie slows it down to a half court game. Hatton seems to get a lot of his points in transition so if the pace is slowed, he may have to find another way. Oh, and Ricardo Johnson will probably be guarding him.

Pike is going to have to step up huge on the boards, and Dixie will need about 7 3's in order to upset Holmes, in my opinion.