Holmes / Dixie 3/4 Predictions

Who wins this battle and moves on to face the winner of Newp Cent Cath vs Boone Co.?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this battle and moves on to face the winner of Newp Cent Cath vs Boone Co.?

• Holmes
    • Dixie

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pike and Hatton won't be enough for the Colonels to pull the upset or come within 10 in a rematch. I expect the Dogs to come out much more focused than the first go around and others to step up besides Ricardo and Elijah. Don't be surprised to see JJ take home Game high scoring honors.

With Holmes playing defense the way they have been lately, I see Dixie struggling mightily with their offensive sets. They also shot the ball extremely well from outside back in February at Dixie. I don't see them having a repeat performance in a tournament game against this group.

Biggest factor in this game? Holmes coaching staff. Look at the results over the years and you'll notice that teams who played Holmes close or beat them during the regular season haven't fared too well against the Dogs come postseason time.

Holmes- 62

Dixie- 45

Only way I see this being within 10 is if Dixie does what other teams did this time last year and slow the game down.

If Holmes presses, they will win easily. No one in the region can handle their press. I see Holmes pressing in the beginning and cruising to victory by 12.

Hard to press on the big floor and be effective.

Hard to press on the big floor and be effective.

Not when you have the length, size, and athleticism that Holmes has.

Bigger court favors a team like Holmes if they press because of the longer passes that Dixie will have to make.

Not when you have the length, size, and athleticism that Holmes has.

Bigger court favors a team like Holmes if they press because of the longer passes that Dixie will have to make.

Would Holmes press be more effective at the BOKC or the local elementary gym?

Would Holmes press be more effective at the BOKC or the local elementary gym?

I see what you're getting at but there's advantages and disadvantages to pressing on a bigger sized court.

Sure Dixie will have more space to work with, but at the same time they'll be forced to make longer passes which Holmes size, quickness, and athleticism could thrive on.

When you can't see over a trap, it's hard to pass out of it, regardless of how big or small the court is.

I see what you're getting at but there's advantages and disadvantages to pressing on a bigger sized court.

Sure Dixie will have more space to work with, but at the same time they'll be forced to make longer passes which Holmes size, quickness, and athleticism could thrive on.

When you can't see over a trap, it's hard to pass out of it, regardless of how big or small the court is.

Holmes will thrive on the big court with their athleticism, but I just don't see teams being as effective as usual with a press at BOKC....that applies to all teams, not just Holmes.

Holmes will thrive on the big court with their athleticism, but I just don't see teams being as effective as usual with a press at BOKC....that applies to all teams, not just Holmes.

I guess we'll find out starting tomorrow.

How many teams in the 9th actually press the whole game though? I can't think of any.

If you think the Holmes boys can jump out of the gym on regular HS courts just wait until they feel the spring of the BOK center. All I can say is Dixie better know how to use the pump fake and keep their head on a swivel.

If you think the Holmes boys can jump out of the gym on regular HS courts just wait until they feel the spring of the BOK center. All I can say is Dixie better know how to use the pump fake and keep their head on a swivel.

:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump: