Elisha Justice for Mr. Basketball

Elisha Justice has done more for his team in four years of high school ball than any other candidate for Mr. Basketball.

1. BACK-TO-BACK All "A" State Championships (2 MVP's)

2. TWO 15th Region Championships (could be 3)

3. TWO 15th Region All "A" Region Championships

4. School record 3 consecutive district championships (could be 4)

5. State record for career steal (over 500)

6. 2000 point club

7. Led school to first ever win in state tournament last season

8. All this while playing for a small, rural, public school (All the other candidates are from big cities or don't have any post season championships.)

9. 4.0 G.P.A.

This is 9 of many reasons why Justice will win Mr. Basketball!

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100221/SPORTS05/2210355/1031/Shelby+Valley+guard+and+Louisville+Cardinals+commitment+Elisha+Justice+has+credentials+for+Mr.+Basketball

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is he a walk-on? UL has 2 or 3 scholarships open.

You act like Sewell or someone else has an offer from Louisville or other high major D1 school. No he does not. Both Justice and Sewell have mid major full ride offers. So this is a mute point!

There have been A LOT more kids win it from small, rural schools than large private schools. To my knowledge, only one private school player has won this award.

Small, rural schools, how many in the past 10 years? In the past 20 years? Only about 2 or 3 the past 20 years, none the past 10.

The thinking now is, if you don't get out of your region or part of your state and play bigger and better schools, your record and accomplishments will be suspected. Such as Elliott Co the past few years. This is just how they will look at things thee days.

Personally, If either two win it I will not be surprised, I will be slightly surprised if Watts wins it, but not totally surprised. I would be surprised if it is not one of these three.

You act like Sewell or someone else has an offer from Louisville or other high major D1 school. No he does not. Both Justice and Sewell have mid major full ride offers. So this is a mute point!

I see your point, but you are the one who posted "Pitino watches as Justice shines!" As that would be a deal breaker to give him the lead.

I see his point in asking about why not give him one of the three scholarships open, and you already answered that with his academic ride. :cool:

Personally, If either two win it I will not be surprised, I will be slightly surprised if Watts wins it, but not totally surprised. I would be surprised if it is not one of these three.

I think whoever finishes the strongest out of Justice or Sewell will win it. Watts hasn't ever won anything in his career including this year. He has never been to Rupp even though his team has been favored in the past, although his team could still get there this year.

Some will say this will be his downfall for Mr Basketball.

His downfall should not be that he plays for a small school rather that his small school did not go and play enough good teams to highlight him.

Of your 9 reasons, Sewell would have easily accomplished 7, I'm not sure about the grades or steals!

EJ had one good game against a top ranked team in Jtown, struggled against another decent team in Desales, and the rest of his numbers were put up mostly against teams that would rank in the bottom half of the state.

If Sewell had played in the 15th he'd have gone for 40 a night!

That's the problem is that nobody knows what EJ would have done playing the schedule Sewell, C Jackson, or Rico Johnson played.

As I continue to post, his coach screwed up, not the kid, because he didn't travel and play teams that highlight EJ. And don't tell me they couldn't because Elliott did last year!

His downfall should not be that he plays for a small school rather that his small school did not go and play enough good teams to highlight him.

I agree, just most small rural schools don't seem to travel the state too much. A Fla trip is nice, but did they consider traveling the state during Christmas break playing bigger teams? Just wondering.

Of your 9 reasons, Sewell would have easily accomplished 7, I'm not sure about the grades or steals!

They weren't my 9 reasons :sssh: