Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 73 Tennessee 62

Featured Replies

I don't think Kentucky will lose again.

 

I hope they destroy SC though.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from the game/after game festivities not too long ago, and what a great atmosphere it was this morning for Gameday, and for the game tonight.

 

 

Kentucky came out and played one of the poorest first halves of the season, but got it torching in the second half. That 3-2 really messed with them, but now that they have seen it, doubt it will effect them as much. From a crowd standpoint, the Wall lob from Don-Day is really what got everything going, and everyone back into it, and the Cats didn't really look back afterwards.

 

 

Lot of great former Cats in attendance today/tonight. DA, Goose, Kyle Macy, Richie Farmer, Jodie, Chuck, Kenny Sky Walker, Jarred Prickett, Tim Couch, Wayne Turner, Woo, and a few more I know I'm leaving out. Very festive atmosphere tonight, and a ton of fun. Being five rows off the court didn't hurt either.

Yeah I think they go 5-1...playing @ Vandy is just a different type of game and I think that is the one they lose.

 

Obviously 6-0 is best case scenario for the Cats with the worst probably being 3-3 (Vandy, UT, MSU)

 

I agree with that...I'm leaning toward 5-1, but wouldn't be suprised at 4-2...I think 3-3 would suprise me though.

Give Coach Pearl and the Volunteers credit. They came in with a good plan, and put a scare into the Cats. I feel Coach Pearl has done a great job of coaching this year with all of the distractions they've had down in Knoxville.

 

I've said for years that I don't think Pearl is a great coach, but what he has done this year has been very good.

If everyone is playing zone and slowdown against Kentucky, wouldn't it be a good idea for the Cats to learn how to counter that style of play?

You guys do know that they play Tennessee 36 hours after they get done w/ another game right? They're not winning at Tennessee. Vandy on the road will come down to the officials IMO. They aren't losing any other game including Miss St. I think they destroy them. They bring it in big games. They get bored against teams that aren't good.

If everyone is playing zone and slowdown against Kentucky, wouldn't it be a good idea for the Cats to learn how to counter that style of play?

 

At 24 wins and 1 loss what style of play are they not adjusting to? :confused:

I have no reason to beleive they will lose more than one game the rest of the way out..

I disagree, dont think we lose againt until April unless it's the SEC Championship, and even that I find unlikely.

 

You all are over looking the fact that Cousins shot HORRIBLE from the freethrow line today which should be fixable. Bledsoe although SOLID in the second half, wasn't much of a factor in the first, which I think may have been coaching in part, and I expect it to be fixed.

 

AVATAR WAGER?

At 24 wins and 1 loss what style of play are they not adjusting to? :confused:

 

It seems many are surprised when these teams play UK like this, as if it is unexpected. My point to UK is, expect it and prepare for it, and don't act like it is somehthing out of the blue.

That 3-2 zone really perplexed the Cats in the first half. They adjusted well in the 2nd, but Pearl can flat out coach.

 

I thought UK did a much better job in the 2nd half at limiting their penetration. Their guards getting so deep into UK's D in the first half was giving the Cats fits on that end of the floor as well.

 

I attended the game, ... the first one I have been able to make this season. The officiating was horrible. And getting to see first hand how much beating and pulling the officials are allowing against Cousins was surprising. More than once, you could see his jersey getting nearly pulled off and the officials did not want to make the call.

 

I will also say this. There were a few guys around me who frustrated me to no end. One guy was so critical of everything that he even was critical of the cheerleaders for not pulling the string tight enough on the big banner. I hope I never have to sit near that moron again. He yelled at the players, the officials, Calipari, the cheerleaders, everyone. My daughter and I went from frustrated to just laughing at the guy.

When this team decides to play defense, they are unbeatable. I agree with Cal, it's hard to turn that switch on. I really don't understand it. Great second half.

When this team decides to play defense, they are unbeatable. I agree with Cal, it's hard to turn that switch on. I really don't understand it. Great second half.

 

:thumb:

You guys do know that they play Tennessee 36 hours after they get done w/ another game right? They're not winning at Tennessee. Vandy on the road will come down to the officials IMO. They aren't losing any other game including Miss St. I think they destroy them. They bring it in big games. They get bored against teams that aren't good.

 

I don't see why you automatically think that. I mean UK just beat them this time, without really preparing at all for the 3-2 zone they played. UT really hadn't showed that at all this year, and without getting prepared for it they still got the win. IMO that is the only reason why UT stayed in the game, I think UT is very much overrated this season. I will be shocked if UK doesn't win by 10 or more in the next game, even after playing a game on Thursday.

 

Now the Mississippi St. game will be tougher though than you think IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.