February 11, 201016 yr He might not even want to coach in the NBA, but if LBJ calls you listen. LBJ wherever he goes or stays will sign a 3 year or less deal IMO. I think it's more realistic that if Cal left it would be 3 years from now. To dismiss LBJ, Bosh, and the Bulls as Imaginationland is way way off base though. LBJ, Bosh, Rose & Call is... JMO. Something has to give.
February 11, 201016 yr From Rick's mouth himself just this past March: "Any time a coach says he's not interested in a job, he's dead interested in a job." For the full article where this quote appeared, click here: http://detnews.com/article/20090327/OPINION03/903270395/Rick-Pitino-hot-in-job-market :lol:
February 11, 201016 yr Ric Pitno: “So what do you do when you're tired and worn out?” Pitino said. “You don't go to the Caribbean, you don't go to the Bahamas, you take the New Jersey Nets job where they've won four games. “Just think of the rationale behind the whole thing. If you're going to get rejuvenated you don't take over the Nets.” BUT, The Nets can only go one way now, UP!
February 11, 201016 yr LBJ, Bosh, Rose & Call is... JMO. Something has to give. Well if they have space it's 1 of only 2 places I could see James and Bosh. There are too many rumors of them agreeing to play together not to at least think there's a chance of it happening. I'm not sure Calipari goes to the Nets w/ LBJ. I don't think LBJ would go to the Knicks w/ a depleted roster and if he did I'd doubt he wanted Dantoni replaced. I doubt they would go to the Clippers. That leaves Miami w/ LBJ taking less or Chicago. If it's Chicago I doubt Cal turns that job down. I'd say there's a 30% chance or better that LBJ and Bosh play together. What do you think are the chances they do?
February 12, 201016 yr Maybe he should of went, like before the game today. Worse UofL performance in a longggggg time.
February 12, 201016 yr By the way, the new rumor is Coach K to the Nets. If he didn't go to the lakers when Kobe asked him I doubt he goes now. His summer tour w/ those guys makes it more likely though than it would have been if not for that. If the #1 star on the team buys into the coach everyone else will fall in line. Especially if the star is Kobe/Wade/LBJ. People like to say college coaches can't coach at that level. That's bull IMO. How many college coaches get hired to coach a top 5 guy in the league? None. If Cal/Pitino/Caoch K anyone like that go to the Nets and they get the #1 pick and LBJ they'll look like good coaches. If Bosh joins LBJ they'll compete for a title right away.
February 12, 201016 yr One of the announcers on ESPN last night made the statement that the Nets were interested in hiring Pitino and that he had turned them down.:ohbrother: I also heard an announcer on the Vandy/UT game say that Beal of Vandy had a huge game in their big win over UK this year. I thought to myself that one of us was confused.:confused:
February 12, 201016 yr Let me first say, I give this about a 1% chance of actually happening, but just because Pitino says he's not interested, doesn't mean anything. He said the same thing about the Celtics job...:lol: :thumb: Specifically, we've seen Pitino deny something only to do that very thing a short time later. In general, we've seen numerous other coaches do the same thing or something very similar. His denial means nothing.
February 12, 201016 yr Pitino will not go anywhere until he gets the opportunity to coach in the new arena. After next season he may be fair game.
February 14, 201016 yr My guess is Calipari has a good chance at the Nets job. The big Elephant in the room is why are LBJ and Cal becoming so tight? If LBJ leaves and goes to the Nets or the Bulls we all know he's naming his own coach right? For instance if the Nets win the lottery and LBJ decided to go w/ JayZ and the Nets he's asking Cal to coach. What if LBJ and Bosh head to Chicago like the other rumor. LBJ is bringing Cal and Rose is pulling hard for it too. Cal's got a much better chance than Pitino IMO. So, I have to assume you have Cal going to the Cavs now, right? Would love to hear your new "theory", and if possibilities.
February 15, 201016 yr So, I have to assume you have Cal going to the Cavs now, right? Would love to hear your new "theory", and if possibilities. Nope I'm on record right now as saying Cal goes to the Bulls or nowhere. He's more likely to be in NJ next year than Pitino though.
May 14, 201016 yr Boy I wish I lived in Imaginationland as well. Imaginationland is gaining momentum.....
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.