Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino to the Nets?

Featured Replies

Let me first say, I give this about a 1% chance of actually happening, but just because Pitino says he's not interested, doesn't mean anything. He said the same thing about the Celtics job...:lol:

 

True, but at this point I'd believe this over "close sources"/inside info. Plus there's a big difference in the Celtics and Nets. If Pitino were interested he'd at least say no comment right now.

  • Replies 92
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, but at this point I'd believe this over "close sources"/inside info. Plus there's a big difference in the Celtics and Nets. If Pitino were interested he'd at least say no comment right now.

 

That is your opinion, there is no rule saying he has to say "no comment" if he is interested.

That is your opinion, there is no rule saying he has to say "no comment" if he is interested.

 

There is also no reason to believe this is true. The man in question spoke for himself. Until I read or see something more compelling than that, I'll just go with it as fact. No one else has provided anything from Pitino or the Nets (who also denied the rumor) that can substaniate the story.

 

He'd leave for the right job I think, but going into the NY market at his age, to take over a 4-48 franchise just doesn't make sense.

True, but at this point I'd believe this over "close sources"/inside info. Plus there's a big difference in the Celtics and Nets. If Pitino were interested he'd at least say no comment right now.

 

Pitino flat out lied to a few Kentucky recruits when he left Kentucky for Boston. He had put a deposit down on a home in the Boston area before the Kentucky season had even ended, yet he continued to tell the recruits to come to Kentucky. Pitino added that he planned to be in Lexington until he was 60 and that when they got to Lexington "we'll win, and we'll win big." I understand it is part of the job, but the point is that you should not give much credence to what a coach says.

 

Pitino to the Nets isn't out of the question, but I don't see it happening. I do think that he'll be leaving Louisville sooner rather than later, though.

 

He is not running from Kentucky.

And this rumor is officially shot down....

 

link

 

 

Of course Pitino is going to deny it. He can't even get the Nets interested in him. How bad is that. What did you expect him to say?

True, but at this point I'd believe this over "close sources"/inside info. Plus there's a big difference in the Celtics and Nets. If Pitino were interested he'd at least say no comment right now.

 

 

 

You don't seem to see the problem. The Nets are not interested in him.

For those who laughed at the last link, here's one from Rod Thorn totally shooting the rumor down. I guess this is not a legit source either???

 

link

You don't seem to see the problem. The Nets are not interested in him.

 

Thank you Mr. Obvious. I didn't realize that the rumor is saying this. No the problem is that the whole thing is just a rumor. There's no interest either way.

 

If and when he leaves UofL it will be for a bigger gig (or retirement) than the Nets.

For those who laughed at the last link, here's one from Rod Thorn totally shooting the rumor down. I guess this is not a legit source either???

 

link

 

 

Just doing Pitino a favor so he can save face.

:lol: Some of you crack me up.

You don't seem to see the problem. The Nets are not interested in him.

 

At least that is what the Nets want people to think. :thumb:

The talking heads on ESPN First Take just quoted Pitino as saying there wasn't one ounce of truth to the rumor, that he was putting the NBA behind him.

Rick may want out of UL but I don't see why the Nets would want him. He failed with the Celtics. I rather have Van Gundy or someone more NBA oriented. Rick was already losing his fastball then the scandal just made his life fast forward 10 years it seems.

At least that is what the Nets want people to think. :thumb:

 

:thumb:

If Rick was a stock right now, he would be on a sell list. IMO, he has lost his magic and appeal that UK fans came to love. I believe where there is smoke, there is fire. As Richie Farmer once told me, "Rick is all about Rick".

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.