Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino to the Nets?

Featured Replies

Ther is no legit source unless a UK fan and/or Pitino hater posts it. :lol:

 

This story is getting a lot of national attention so that's an incredibly weak card to be playing.

  • Replies 92
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You really don't think he'd go to Chicago after LBJ personally asks him to do it? They'd have LBJ, Bosh, Rose, Noah, Deng, and a lot of other help. Possibly even Ray Allen at the 2 w/ the mid level exception. Who turns that job down after being hand picked by the best basketball player alive and a top 5 PG that's under 25 and you coached in college?

 

He has had the thrill of the NBA. I think his family will keep him in college. With college you can pretty much be home every night during the season. Not too mention he has a pretty good gig in Lexington being treated like royalty. Would I be shocked if he went? No, because he has fire and passion to tackle challenges, but I would bet on him staying in college.

You really don't think he'd go to Chicago after LBJ personally asks him to do it? They'd have LBJ, Bosh, Rose, Noah, Deng, and a lot of other help. Possibly even Ray Allen at the 2 w/ the mid level exception. Who turns that job down after being hand picked by the best basketball player alive and a top 5 PG that's under 25 and you coached in college?

 

Boy I wish I lived in Imaginationland as well.

This story is getting a lot of national attention so that's an incredibly weak card to be playing.

 

Front page of ESPN.com

Boy I wish I lived in Imaginationland as well.

 

All I know is they've become pretty close and there's a good chance Lebron goes to Chicago or NJ. UK fans, I am one, better hope Cleveland wins a title and Lebron stays there. Why else would Lebron be building this close relationship? He is the all time biggest NBA free agent. You don't think if he leaves or stays for that matter he'll get a say at who's coaching him?

 

I will remember this little cheap shot if Calipari is coaching in the NBA next year. I don't think he will be, but there's a lot better chance of it happening than people want to admit.

All I know is they've become pretty close and there's a good chance Lebron goes to Chicago or NJ. UK fans, I am one, better hope Cleveland wins a title and Lebron stays there. Why else would Lebron be building this close relationship? He is the all time biggest NBA free agent. You don't think if he leaves or stays for that matter he'll get a say at who's coaching him?

 

I will remember this little cheap shot if Calipari is coaching in the NBA next year. I don't think he will be, but there's a lot better chance of it happening than people want to admit.

 

You listed a team of LeBron, Bosh, Rose & Ray Allen with Calipari as the coach. Like I said, let's at least keep the arguments realistic.

You don't think he will but will tell everyone how right you were if he is? That's pretty convenient.

Maybe I am an idiot, but John Calipari and Pitino both proved they're not great shakes at NBA coaching. Why would either want to leave their programs to go and-more than likely-be mediocre? Also, is LeBron's coach that big of a deal to him you think? Do you think he will go to the Nets simply because he knows Calipari will be there? I don't see the appeal in that, but that's just me.

This story is getting a lot of national attention so that's an incredibly weak card to be playing.

 

The Pitino-hater/UK-lover argument isn't necessarily a bad one. What kills me is when these people shoot down the legitimacy of the story because Pitino said there's "not an ounce of truth to it." Why should we believe that, when he has lied under similar circumstances in the past (many other coaches have done the same...Cal being one of them).

 

Point being this: just because Rick denies it doesn't mean it's untruthful. Actually, if his past is any indicator, it's likely very much truthful.

You really don't think he'd go to Chicago after LBJ personally asks him to do it? They'd have LBJ, Bosh, Rose, Noah, Deng, and a lot of other help. Possibly even Ray Allen at the 2 w/ the mid level exception. Who turns that job down after being hand picked by the best basketball player alive and a top 5 PG that's under 25 and you coached in college?

 

No way Cal leaves UK for the NBA. Pitino admits his biggest career blunder was leaving UK, Cal won't make that same mistake. He's in a great spot, and loving every minute of it. This is fantasy at it's best.

:ohbrother:

No way Cal leaves UK for the NBA. Pitino admits his biggest career blunder was leaving UK, Cal won't make that same mistake. He's in a great spot, and loving every minute of it. This is fantasy at it's best.

 

I hope you're right, but I disagree.

 

The difference between Pitino to Boston & a potential Cal to NBA is this: LeBron James.

 

Pitino left for the NBA with the intentions of doing for Boston what he had done for UK. I don't blame him for making the decision, especially considering the truckload of money & power they offered him. He felt he was in a good situation, because they had the two of the top six picks in that year's NBA draft (#3 & #6...took Billups & Mercer). The following season he drafted Paul Pierce, but he wasn't the Paul Pierce then that we know now. Pitino had a very young roster at Boston--no proven veteran all-star types.

 

The Cal situation is different because it involves LeBron. I don't ever see Cal leaving UK for the pros unless it's to coach a team that has LeBron. And I wouldn't criticize the man if he did leave. He would have something Pitino did not: the chance to coach a team that you know will have one of the greatest stars in the game for at least 6-7 years--probably more. Add into that fact that the team could be the Nets, who might get the #1 pick. That means Cal would have the opportunity to coach both LeBron & Wall (numerous rumors are floating around about LeBron to Jersey because of Jay-Z).

 

I hope it doesn't happen. I don't think the odds are in favor of Cal leaving. But to say it's impossible is illogical.

You listed a team of LeBron, Bosh, Rose & Ray Allen with Calipari as the coach. Like I said, let's at least keep the arguments realistic.

 

Actually I listed Deng and said they could go mid level on Ray Allen. It is rumored that Bosh and LBJ agreed to play together next year. If they do it will be a big market. The biggest markets where it could happen w/ only minor moves are NJ/NY, Chicago, and LA. The Lakers are out, but the Clippers might not be. NJ is a train wreck and NY won't have the cap space or any help on the roster. Chi could easily have cap space, a great PG, an above average C, and a coaching vacancy. That is very realistic for anyone interested in the NBA. It's also why Bosh to the Lakers for Bynum heated up a few weeks ago. The Lakers stand the most to lose if LBJ gets any top 25 caliber player let alone 2 other top 20 players.

You don't think he will but will tell everyone how right you were if he is? That's pretty convenient.

 

All I said originally was Calipari has a better chance at coaching the Nets than Pitino. I don't think Calipari will leave UK in the next couple years. One of the only ways I could see it is if LBJ and Derek Rose or John Wall are on the same team and beg him to take it. I still don't know that he would leave. I'd bet he'd listen long and hard though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.