Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino to the Nets?

Featured Replies

As Richie Farmer once told me, "Rick is all about Rick".

 

Since I'm sure Rick Pitino is the only coach in college basketball with that mentality.... :rolleyes:

  • Replies 92
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since I'm sure Rick Pitino is the only coach in college basketball with that mentality.... :rolleyes:

 

 

He might be. I'll give you that Arkansas's football coach is the same way.

I honestly believe that when Rick leaves Louisville, it will be to retire. I've believed that since he took the job. I think he knows deep down that the NBA is no longer a real possibility. I think he knows he made a mistake in leaving Kentucky the first time around, not only because of the program but because of the state. He came back because of the prestige of the Louisville job, but also because he loved this state. I've always believed him when he says he wants this to be his last job, and given recent troubles, I can't imagine that he would leave for the stress and spotlight of another one.

He might be. I'll give you that Arkansas's football coach is the same way.

 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ohbrother:

I honestly believe that when Rick leaves Louisville, it will be to retire. I've believed that since he took the job. I think he knows deep down that the NBA is no longer a real possibility. I think he knows he made a mistake in leaving Kentucky the first time around, not only because of the program but because of the state. He came back because of the prestige of the Louisville job, but also because he loved this state. I've always believed him when he says he wants this to be his last job, and given recent troubles, I can't imagine that he would leave for the stress and spotlight of another one.

 

:thumb: Call me naive, but I'm with you on this one.

My guess is Calipari has a good chance at the Nets job. The big Elephant in the room is why are LBJ and Cal becoming so tight? If LBJ leaves and goes to the Nets or the Bulls we all know he's naming his own coach right? For instance if the Nets win the lottery and LBJ decided to go w/ JayZ and the Nets he's asking Cal to coach. What if LBJ and Bosh head to Chicago like the other rumor. LBJ is bringing Cal and Rose is pulling hard for it too. Cal's got a much better chance than Pitino IMO.

I think something a lot of people are overlooking is how potentially great a job the Nets job may end up being next season. What coach, not just Pitino, wouldn't at least give the job a look, with the potential to coach Wall, LeBron, and Robin Lopez? That could be a scenario where the coach walks in, and instantly inherits a title contending team. IMO, any coach would be stupid to not at least give it a glance.

For those who laughed at the last link, here's one from Rod Thorn totally shooting the rumor down. I guess this is not a legit source either???

 

link

 

 

Ther is no legit source unless a UK fan and/or Pitino hater posts it. :lol:

Since I'm sure Rick Pitino is the only coach in college basketball with that mentality.... :rolleyes:

 

There's no doubt that it's an attitude that is rampant among the coaching ranks.

 

Some coaches do a better job of hiding it / spinning it than others.

 

Calipari is one of the best at doing this.

My guess is Calipari has a good chance at the Nets job. The big Elephant in the room is why are LBJ and Cal becoming so tight? If LBJ leaves and goes to the Nets or the Bulls we all know he's naming his own coach right? For instance if the Nets win the lottery and LBJ decided to go w/ JayZ and the Nets he's asking Cal to coach. What if LBJ and Bosh head to Chicago like the other rumor. LBJ is bringing Cal and Rose is pulling hard for it too. Cal's got a much better chance than Pitino IMO.

 

Certainly is a rumor of it but doubt it. I think his family likes him being home a few days a week instead of on the road constantly.

 

Rick had that final 4 run, then the scandal and it just seems his heart isn't in it as much.

I honestly believe that when Rick leaves Louisville, it will be to retire. I've believed that since he took the job. I think he knows deep down that the NBA is no longer a real possibility. I think he knows he made a mistake in leaving Kentucky the first time around, not only because of the program but because of the state. He came back because of the prestige of the Louisville job, but also because he loved this state. I've always believed him when he says he wants this to be his last job, and given recent troubles, I can't imagine that he would leave for the stress and spotlight of another one.

You hit the nail on the head.

 

He won't leave UofL. He will more than likely retire from there.

Ther is no legit source unless a UK and/or Pitino hater posts it. :lol:

 

I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

I honestly believe that when Rick leaves Louisville, it will be to retire. I've believed that since he took the job. I think he knows deep down that the NBA is no longer a real possibility. I think he knows he made a mistake in leaving Kentucky the first time around, not only because of the program but because of the state. He came back because of the prestige of the Louisville job, but also because he loved this state. I've always believed him when he says he wants this to be his last job, and given recent troubles, I can't imagine that he would leave for the stress and spotlight of another one.

 

I think you may be right. I can't see him leaving UL for a job with more stress. Doesn't make sense to me.

Certainly is a rumor of it but doubt it. I think his family likes him being home a few days a week instead of on the road constantly.

 

Rick had that final 4 run, then the scandal and it just seems his heart isn't in it as much.

 

You really don't think he'd go to Chicago after LBJ personally asks him to do it? They'd have LBJ, Bosh, Rose, Noah, Deng, and a lot of other help. Possibly even Ray Allen at the 2 w/ the mid level exception. Who turns that job down after being hand picked by the best basketball player alive and a top 5 PG that's under 25 and you coached in college?

You really don't think he'd go to Chicago after LBJ personally asks him to do it? They'd have LBJ, Bosh, Rose, Noah, Deng, and a lot of other help. Possibly even Ray Allen at the 2 w/ the mid level exception. Who turns that job down after being hand picked by the best basketball player alive and a top 5 PG that's under 25 and you coached in college?

 

Some would ask you why Kobe would be picking the coach for the Bulls. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.